• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Updated Husker Bowl Chances As A 5 Win Team

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On 1st down our % of Us Against the World is low. It isn't until later downs where we have our backs against the wall that we have the fuel to succeed. This is the reason for less completions on first down.

The fans need to just start booing immediately on first down so the Pelini minds can play football.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When I'm not at work I will see what more I can pull from these type of stats. I should be able to pull out teams based on record but it will be a little more time consuming. I might start a new thread for some fun statistics. This is very entertaining for me.

What would have been really entertaining is if Riley had used better judgement and after 3 or 4 games of erratic QB play, had limited TA's pass attempts on ANY down. If he had done that, I'm 100% sure Nebraska would have ended up with a winning record and a better bowl game. If Riley uses better judgement {good luck with that} against UCLA with TA's passing numbers, we have a good shot at coming out of that bowl game with a win. I know we'll still have a losing season, but this staff will have some ammunition to use for recruiting.

Ironically, the time when Riley should have passed the ball was against Wisconsin late in that game when they had all of their time outs left to stop the clock anyways. A first down was very critical on that drive with the way the defense leaked like the Cosgrove defense in 2007.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
On 1st down our % of Us Against the World is low. It isn't until later downs where we have our backs against the wall that we have the fuel to succeed. This is the reason for less completions on first down.

The fans need to just start booing immediately on first down so the Pelini minds can play football.

You people who believe a 50 pass per game offense is the ticket to great success, are delusional.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would have been really entertaining is if Riley had used better judgement and after 3 or 4 games of erratic QB play, had limited TA's pass attempts on ANY down. If he had done that, I'm 100% sure Nebraska would have ended up with a winning record and a better bowl game. If Riley uses better judgement {good luck with that} against UCLA with TA's passing numbers, we have a good shot at coming out of that bowl game with a win. I know we'll still have a losing season, but this staff will have some ammunition to use for recruiting.

Ironically, the time when Riley should have passed the ball was against Wisconsin late in that game when they had all of their time outs left to stop the clock anyways. A first down was very critical on that drive with the way the defense leaked like the Cosgrove defense in 2007.
You have yet to back anything you say up with any sort of facts. Your opinion means nothing. Come with some actual information and not just your oft-repeated, unsubstantiated drivel or STFU.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska has this kid...Andy Jackmeoff or something....maybe they will give him a chance to play?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You have yet to back anything you say up with any sort of facts. Your opinion means nothing. Come with some actual information and not just your oft-repeated, unsubstantiated drivel or STFU.

My opinion is shared with tens of thousands of Nebraska fans who are not accepting of an inexcusably losing season just because a selfish coach comes in and REFUSES to do what it takes to at least have a winning season. ANY top notch coach would have had a winning season this year, and I'm not talking a 12 win season, but an 8-4 or a 9-3 season, or a 7-5 worst worst worst worst worst case scenario. I know you can see other posters saying pretty much the same thing I've been saying, but you're purposely closing your eyes to that.

By the way, Do you remember the Illinois game when your poster child game where WC Riley just had to stick with his passing game be damned in the last Nebraska drive, when utilizing the running game WOULD HAVE provided a victory for Nebraska? There's nothing unsubstantiated about that ONE of many examples. In this upcoming highly winnable game against UCLA, if WC Riley doesn't give the team the best chance to win by reining in TA, I certainly hope WC fails and is fired in the very near future. He's had a whole season to give this team the best chance to win. I'll be unjustifiably hopeful of a win in the bowl game.

Unless someone baits me, and I'm sure someone will, this will be my final post about WC and his terrible utilizing of our QB situation.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nebraska has this kid...Andy Jackmeoff or something....maybe they will give him a chance to play?

I assume this is a reply to my factual posts about the QB situation? Are you blind as to what's going on down in Lincoln also?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why did you respond to my post with that?

I replied to your post about Pelini. Nebraska has been depelinied after 12 games. He's history now, so he has no bearing on what happens from now on because it's Riley's ship now, and I hope he doesn't sink the damn thing.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume this is a reply to my factual posts about the QB situation? Are you blind as to what's going on down in Lincoln also?

Not really. I'm just pissed Janovich saw no action in the Iowa game

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not really. I'm just pissed Janovich saw no action in the Iowa game

Oh okay, I agree 100% with you on that! I even mentioned that here a couple of times. It's inexcusable and shameful that he didn't get some carries in that game.