• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Updated Husker Bowl Chances As A 5 Win Team

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Seriously there are too many bowl games.

It kinda goes along with how sports across America are beginning provide consolation for losers. Just like how they don't allow little kids to blow other teams out anymore in certain states.

We're getting pussified. Oh well, hopefully this is the only time we need to rely on it.

Lets not keep score and just give the two teams a participation certificate :clap:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I apologize if this was already discussed but I was to lazy to read the other posts. Here is a link that actually mentions Nebraska as a 5 game team to make a bowl game.

Nebraska and other 5-win teams might make bowls this year, but no one knows how it works

Nebraska does have a good chance because of 1 HUGE factor. Nebraska fans travel well and are located all across the country. Bowl games want money and Nebraska always has brought them revenue and attention. The close losses will also persuade the committee to pick Nebraska. I wish you guys luck in landing in a bowl game. I just wish it was against my Nittany Lions where we could get revenge on getting robbed in 1994 that's our championship stop pretending :pound:Seriously tough season you had and I think its unfair to judge Riley on this season alone because of those close games which really changed the momentum of the season. Good luck Big Red.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

It kinda goes along with how sports across America are beginning provide consolation for losers. Just like how they don't allow little kids to blow other teams out anymore in certain states.

We're getting pussified. Oh well, hopefully this is the only time we need to rely on it.
I have tried so hard to illustrate this fact --but when I do I get banned
I may not have been clever enough --I just say and write what is on my mind

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

i completely agree with that. they need less bowls and spread them over a more days.

there shouldn't be 6 bowls on Sat Dec 19th, like 3 would be more than enough.
then 2 each day from Tues Dec 22nd through Thurs Dec 24th. 1 each night would be more reasonable.
6 more on Sat Dec 26th. wtf? day after christmas, i guess maybe you can have that many.
4 on Tues Dec 29th, why? seriously 2 is more than enough. they know people work right?
4 more Wed Dec 30th
5 on Jan 1, i understand that
4 on Sat Jan 2nd, that seems more reasonable.

anyway, will certainly be happy if the Huskers get in, they need the practice. in particular the o-line and players that will be playing next year that normally don't get as much work during the season.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i completely agree with that. they need less bowls and spread them over a more days.

there shouldn't be 6 bowls on Sat Dec 19th, like 3 would be more than enough.
then 2 each day from Tues Dec 22nd through Thurs Dec 24th. 1 each night would be more reasonable.
6 more on Sat Dec 26th. wtf? day after christmas, i guess maybe you can have that many.
4 on Tues Dec 29th, why? seriously 2 is more than enough. they know people work right?
4 more Wed Dec 30th
5 on Jan 1, i understand that
4 on Sat Jan 2nd, that seems more reasonable.

anyway, will certainly be happy if the Huskers get in, they need the practice. in particular the o-line and players that will be playing next year that normally don't get as much work during the season.

I guess since we have a coach that loses a lot of games, it is nice to have this many bowls! lol As much as I agree with you about there being too many bowl games, I still like to have a lot of bowl games to watch.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have tried so hard to illustrate this fact --but when I do I get banned
I may not have been clever enough --I just say and write what is on my mind

Pops, you can say whatever you want, I won't ban you! lol

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen two projections thus far

Foster Farms Bowl
Saturday, December 26, 9:15 pm ET, ESPN
Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara, CA
Big Ten vs. Pac-12
Projection:Nebraska* vs. Washington State

Quick Lane Bowl
Monday, December 28, 5:00 pm ET ESPN2
Ford Field, Detroit, Michigan
ACC vs Big 10
Projection: Duke vs Nebraska*

*Nebraska a guess to get in on APR

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Projection from CBS. (Not sure if prior to yesterday or not.)

Armed Forces Bowl
Tuesday Dec. 29, 2:00 pm ET ESPN
Amon Carter Stadium, Fort Worth, Tex.
Big Ten/Big 12 vs. Mountain West
Projection: Nebraska* vs Air Force

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA has just made it official that they will use remaining APR order to fill bowl slots.

Missouri (who was 2nd in order) declined.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never a doubt about Nebraska accepting.

Missery is going through a coaching change.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Benning this morning and again on Unsportsmanlike conduct saying how he didn't think Nebraska should go to a bowl. 2 main reasons. he thought the program needed a fresh start and the coaches could use the time to wipe the slate clean. seniors would be out and they could get started for next year. second point was that during the Iowa game he thought a lot of players had given up and just didn't want to be there. so going to a bowl is just a participation trophy when you are at 5-7.

i see the points, but it really seemed to me that if guys don't want to compete, then don't play them. these extra practices will help the younguns that need to be ready for next season and you start the competition with these practices. the first 10 should be nothing but competition, let guys go full boar, tackling and all. it doesn't matter if anyone gets hurt because the next season is 9months away and i feel we built up a ton of depth this year with all the injuries we had. the only position that didn't really get depth was the o-line and that was because of the lack of rotation. oh and i guess DE, but that's on Bo not on this staff.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only downside I see is (5-8).

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no downside.

And really I don't understand anyone saying they shouldn't play in a bowl game. That seems weird to me that a higher up would decide not to play an extra game because he feels like it's best for the program. What about the Seniors who actually want to play?

You always accept an invitation. What in the hell has this world turned in to? Who doesn't love to play football? You always play when you have a chance to play. Damn quitters in this world, I tell you what.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
basically, how many of the players are going to be motivated to play:

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ooops, the embedded KB tweet:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
basically, how many of the players are going to be motivated to play:

He gets in a conversation below that saying how if they are given the opportunity, they will use it as an opportunity to get better. He was just saying they didn't DESERVE it, not that they wouldn't care.