• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Updated HC Poll

Who's your number one?

• Total voters

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to take the Slowik interview seriously and be open minded.
I am guessing Johnson is more vocal and more confident than slowik?

I dont know.

I want to know why people are so high on Johnson and prefer him to Macdonald and especially slowik. I must be missing something.

If the lions lay an egg offensively tomorrow, this gets interesting.

I will tell you this, if slowik is the coach, you have to think he would prefer daniels.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont know.

I want to know why people are so high on Johnson and prefer him to Macdonald and especially slowik. I must be missing something.

I will tell you this, if slowik is the coach, you have to think he would prefer daniels.
I'm good with Johnson, Slowik, or MacDonald. That said if Peters makes a hard left and chooses someone different, I'd probably be okay with that too. I trust Peters.

In the last poll you voted for Ben Johnson. What was it about him that you liked initially over everyone else?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with Johnson, Slowik, or MacDonald. That said if Peters makes a hard left and chooses someone different, I'd probably be okay with that too. I trust Peters.

In the last poll you voted for Ben Johnson. What was it about him that you liked initially over everyone else?
At the time, I wasn't aware of what slowik was doing HOU and was convinced that we had to go offensive minded coach.
I also had no clue who Macdonald was, nor did I know Vrabel would be available.

For Johnson, I like what he has done with Goff and the general offensive numbers. Goff career was mediocre in my opinion until he went to DET. While I think Campbell is the main reason for the turnaround, Johnson is a big part of it. I think Johnson would be a good head coach.

The main reason I voted for Johnson was out of ignorance of the other candidates. I fell under the spell of the shiny new toy and had not thoroughly researched Macdonald and slowik. I do like Johnson, but I believe slowik is the better offensive talent and Macdonald is the better coach. If Detroit had the #1 offense, I would side with Johnson.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time, I wasn't aware of what slowik was doing HOU and was convinced that we had to go offensive minded coach.
I also had no clue who Macdonald was, nor did I know Vrabel would be available.

For Johnson, I like what he has done with Goff and the general offensive numbers. Goff career was mediocre in my opinion until he went to DET. While I think Campbell is the main reason for the turnaround, Johnson is a big part of it. I think Johnson would be a good head coach.

The main reason I voted for Johnson was out of ignorance of the other candidates. I fell under the spell of the shiny new toy and had not thoroughly researched Macdonald and slowik. I do like Johnson, but I believe slowik is the better offensive talent and Macdonald is the better coach. If Detroit had the #1 offense, I would side with Johnson.
I am a little guilty too. I was more for Slowik and listened to all the Johnson. I am okay with both and wouldn't mind MacDonald either.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hc Coach Johnson DC Anthony Weaver = Wins

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weaver is a excellent possible DC he just a Dline with Ravens ..love to have Ben Johnson HC and Weaver as DC this combo is sick!!! I don't think whoever is the Head Coach they will pick there own staff ..this FO is not playing

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie: I think the Peters hiring is such a wonderful departure from “business as usual” for the redskins, that I’ll be happy with probably anybody he chooses to hire other than Bellicheck (and skeptical of Raheem Morris, Eric Bienemy, and Dan Quinn).

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20240113_232136_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240113_232158_Instagram.jpg

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I disagree .... when Peters is interviewing a prospective HC he should have ideas of who his staff will be.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20240114_005154_Bleacher Report.jpg

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
voted for slowik, but would absolutely love McDonald if somehow some way gets an OC that is innovative and versatile

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slowik seems to cover 3 areas of need. Age, offensive and defensive experience. Was he impressive yesterday or was it all Stroud? The defense scored 2x.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont know.

dont fall into the trap of allowing one game to control evals . penix is a classic case on how high people were on him and then one game he is a penis . look at the entirety of their work

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont know.

I would definitely do a dance if we get Slowik (my preference is Harbaugh 1st) and select Daniels at #2. Build the Oline and we are on our way.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slowik seems to cover 3 areas of need. Age, offensive and defensive experience. Was he impressive yesterday or was it all Stroud? The defense scored 2x.
I've gone back and forth between Slowik and Johnson. In the first poll I made, I voted for Slowik. Very tempting to grab the last legit coach from the Shanahan tree.

Kyle Shanahan said he used to sneak into defensive meetings in Tampa to see how defensive coaches taught. He used that information to devise offensive schemes to beat certain defenses.

Slowik is similar because he was a former defensive coach. I'm really nervous that he's going to be a homerun hire for someone else.

Johnson is intriguing because he's done it for two years now, not just one. I know Johnson is the hot candidate, the rock star, the "shiny new toy," but in my opinion that might be Slowik considering he's the one out of the two with less experience in being in charge of that side off the ball.

What Johnson has done with Goff is impressive and does make me wonder, how much of Houston's success is Stroud and how much is Slowik?

Shanahan, McVay, Lafleur, McDaniel.......it's just too temping to not look at those names and not want to grab the last one.

I voted Johnson on the new one, but ask me tomorrow, or in an hour and I might answer Slowik.

MacDonald is number three for me. I wouldn't mind him, but I want to marry the new coach with my new QB. I'd prefer to go offense to keep the new QB from having to learn a new system or deal with a new OC.

Stroud is fantastic, it may not matter, but he's gonna lose Slowik this year or next.

Harbaugh and Peters would eventually get into a power struggle.

We'll see what Peters does. We're back!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gone back and forth between Slowik and Johnson. In the first poll I made, I voted for Slowik. Very tempting to grab the last legit coach from the Shanahan tree.

Kyle Shanahan said he used to sneak into defensive meetings in Tampa to see how defensive coaches taught. He used that information to devise offensive schemes to beat certain defenses.

Slowik is similar because he was a former defensive coach. I'm really nervous that he's going to be a homerun hire for someone else.

Johnson is intriguing because he's done it for two years now, not just one. I know Johnson is the hot candidate, the rock star, the "shiny new toy," but in my opinion that might be Slowik considering he's the one out of the two with less experience in being in charge of that side off the ball.

What Johnson has done with Goff is impressive and does make me wonder, how much of Houston's success is Stroud and how much is Slowik?

Shanahan, McVay, Lafleur, McDaniel.......it's just too temping to not look at those names and not want to grab the last one.

I voted Johnson on the new one, but ask me tomorrow, or in an hour and I might answer Slowik.

MacDonald is number three for me. I wouldn't mind him, but I want to marry the new coach with my new QB. I'd prefer to go offense to keep the new QB from having to learn a new system or deal with a new OC.

Stroud is fantastic, it may not matter, but he's gonna lose Slowik this year or next.

Harbaugh and Peters would eventually get into a power struggle.

We'll see what Peters does. We're back!
Good points and we'll see how this turns out. If Slowik makes a run with Stroud, he could be the guy. He passed his eye test yesterday. Let's see how Johnson does today. I can admit I like how Slowik has experience on both sides of the ball. He has certainly sat down with Kyle Shannahan and shared philosophy, schematics and scheme in there time together. He is also mentoring a rookie QB which would be what will be asked of him here in DC, another plus in my book. Young coach and young QB get to build together. How exciting.