• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Updated HC Poll

Who's your number one?

• Total voters

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is there no love for Vrabel?
He actually has a better head coaching record.
I think people stuff up and pass it off as fact.

Quinn is fantastic as well.
Doesn't make sense to target Quinn but not vrabel.
Not sure. Gruden was on Sheehan's pod. It was a good listen. Gruden said he tried to hire Vrabel to be his DC, but Tennessee snatched him up.

Also said he loves Jayden Daniels and can't wait to watch more film on him. Said it's his fault he and guys his age can't get a job. He hired the youngest OC ever in McVay. McVay killed it and now guys his age can't find work. (he was laughing when he said it)

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is there no love for Vrabel?
He actually has a better head coaching record.
I think people stuff up and pass it off as fact.

Quinn is fantastic as well.
Doesn't make sense to target Quinn but not vrabel. i think posters are saying johnson because he is the hot name right now.

I think Peters needs to strongly consider a defensive coach given that we have the worst defense in the league. It's going to take years to untangle the mess Rivera did.
Vrabel would certainly toughen the Skins up.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. Gruden was on Sheehan's pod. It was a good listen. Gruden said he tried to hire Vrabel to be his DC, but Tennessee snatched him up.

Also said he loves Jayden Daniels and can't wait to watch more film on him. Said it's his fault he and guys his age can't get a job. He hired the youngest OC ever in McVay. McVay killed it and now guys his age can't find work. (he was laughing when he said it)
It's a copy cat league as you know.

Everyone is now after the bright, young, OC. To be honest, there are lots of examples of that approach working: McVay, McDonald, Taylor, Shanahan, etc.

That doesn't mean it's the only path to take. I think Peters is going to cast a wide net. I might be wrong and Johnson is already the pick according to some sources.

I think it would be a grave mistake to dismiss MacDonald or Vrabel because they are defensive coaches.
I think the interviews are critical here and candidates need to relay what their staff would be and their approach to turning around the team. Peters needs to get a good feel on the candidates and if their philosophies are aligned and personalities are compatible.

Numerous sources saying Johnson is in the lead make no sense to me. Peters was hired yesterday. Why would peters leak this to the media in the last 24 hours?

I remember one GM getting irritated with a reporter over a rumor. The reporter confronted the GM over the rumor and the GM said: " I have no idea where you heard that or where it came from".

Sites like Bleacher Report are run by random fans who make up stuff and claim un named sources told them.

Bottom line is that some fans have already selected Johnson as the coach with Maye being the #2 pick. It certainly can happen.

I think it's much more prudent to let this stuff play out instead of getting dead set on a coach and qb. Just my 2 cents.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vrabel would certainly toughen the Skins up.
That is why he is in my personal top 2.
Our core players complained to the media about a lack of leadership.
Vrabel solves that immediately.

The Titans were dumb to let him go. Vrabel is the scapegoat for poor GM decisions.
I am fighting a losing battle on this one though. The fanbase wants Johnson and that is that.

Nobody can tell me why Johnson is the can't miss candidate of the century, but whats new. I like Johnson and feel he has done a tremendous job in Detroit. That being said, Campbell is the real reason for success in Detroit, not Johnson.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a copy cat league as you know.

Everyone is now after the bright, young, OC. To be honest, there are lots of examples of that approach working: McVay, McDonald, Taylor, Shanahan, etc.

That doesn't mean it's the only path to take. I think Peters is going to cast a wide net. I might be wrong and Johnson is already the pick according to some sources.

I think it would be a grave mistake to dismiss MacDonald or Vrabel because they are defensive coaches.
I think the interviews are critical here and candidates need to relay what their staff would be and their approach to turning around the team. Peters needs to get a good feel on the candidates and if their philosophies are aligned and personalities are compatible.

Numerous sources saying Johnson is in the lead make no sense to me. Peters was hired yesterday. Why would peters leak this to the media in the last 24 hours?

I remember one GM getting irritated with a reporter over a rumor. The reporter confronted the GM over the rumor and the GM said: " I have no idea where you heard that or where it came from".

Sites like Bleacher Report are run by random fans who make up stuff and claim un named sources told them.

Bottom line is that some fans have already selected Johnson as the coach with Maye being the #2 pick. It certainly can happen.

I think it's much more prudent to let this stuff play out instead of getting dead set on a coach and qb. Just my 2 cents.
JP said he was getting text messages from people that matter, who made it seem like Peters and Johnson was a backroom package deal.

Keim predicted Peters and Johnson about a week ago, but on his latest pod he did day Ben could do the interview and realize he has no "say so" over the roster and back out. Keim reiterated that Ben is the favorite though.

That said, Spielman's brother is a special assistant to the President and CEO of the Lions.

Screenshot_20240113_160710_Chrome.jpg

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JP said he was getting text messages from people that matter, who made it seem like Peters and Johnson was a backroom package deal.

Keim predicted Peters and Johnson about a week ago, but on his latest pod he did day Ben could do the interview and realize he has no "say so" over the roster and back out. Keim reiterated that Ben is the favorite though.

That said, Spielman's brother is a special assistant to the President and CEO of the Lions.

View attachment 351058
I am fine with Johnson, but not fine with the process of simply picking a head coach with no real search. Maybe peters and Johnson have been talking privately for some time now? I don't know. I am in favor of a search with interviews. Apparently spillman and Myers are involved with the coach search as well. I have no issues with that as long as peters makes the choice.

On Hoffman, a lead 49er beat writer said that a month ago, he was 50/50 if peters would even leave SF. He said it became 95/5 he would come to WSH when Myers was brought in. This makes me think that peters only got serious within the past month.

This is why I disagreed with Brock and dean a while ago about this type of strategy. Brock wanted EB hired immediately after Rivera was fired. Dean wanted harris to step in and hire EB if other teams were interested. Neither wanted a search. I disagree 100% with both. Research, interviews, and casting a wide net are important in my opinion. I don't understand Peters making up his mind without having interviewed a single candidate.

Maybe that is the new NFL?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with Johnson, but not fine with the process of simply picking a head coach with no real search. Maybe peters and Johnson have been talking privately for some time now? I don't know. I am in favor of a search with interviews. Apparently spillman and Myers are involved with the coach search as well. I have no issues with that as long as peters makes the choice.

On Hoffman, a lead 49er beat writer said that a month ago, he was 50/50 if peters would even leave SF. He said it became 95/5 he would come to WSH when Myers was brought in. This makes me think that peters only got serious within the past month.

This is why I disagreed with Brock and dean a while ago about this type of strategy. Brock wanted EB hired immediately after Rivera was fired. Dean wanted harris to step in and hire EB if other teams were interested. Neither wanted a search. I disagree 100% with both. Research, interviews, and casting a wide net are important in my opinion. I don't understand Peters making up his mind without having interviewed a single candidate.

I am more interested in Peter’s getting his scouting dept up and running with the all star bowl games coming up . Duke you are right we should cast a wide net at HC. And some video interviews have taken place . Remember beat writers are looking for clicks

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they are casting a wide net. They have requested interviews with a lot of candidates.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am more interested in Peter’s getting his scouting dept up and running with the all star bowl games coming up . Duke you are right we should cast a wide net at HC. And some video interviews have taken place . Remember beat writers are looking for clicks
Agreed.
I am a geek and actually excited about the assistant GM role...lol

Spot on about the scouting department. That will be exciting.

I do like Johnson and feel he could be be a good head coach simply based off his success as the Detroit OC.

Aren't we sure now that florio made up the whole Bellichek story? I never bought that as it made no sense.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

I do like Johnson and feel he could be be a good head coach simply based off his success as the Detroit OC.

Aren't we sure now that florio made up the whole Bellichek story? I never bought that as it made no sense.
I think that was Belichick's camp.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Florio is not a serious sports journalist

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20240113_165608_Instagram.jpg

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash