• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UK's Decade MLB Draft : CHAT

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To suggest that somehow being Jews are a minority makes it okay for them to have racial feelings is not something that should come as a surprise, minorities are far more racist than whites are. Without knowing anyone in the story I would think your thought as to WHO she married probably played a large part in nobody knowing.

The fact nobody reached out to your family to ask why you/they weren't at the funeral means there were probably a lot of family that wasn't invited. I feel bad that you and your family are going through such things, almost all of my family is dead now but when alive there was never a time certain people didn't talk to other people, if there was a problem it usually lead to bloodshed and then everything was okay.

I don't know how you should feel about any of it, if it were me I simply wouldn't give a fuck, if you are gonna be so small as not to invite me to a wedding for some fight or because you are embarrassed about who the groom is then I probably didn't wanna go anyhow.

I really don't give a shit... I just feel bad for my father... Always hoped that his feud with his sister would just end... but this certainly doesn't help... How can my father even wish the married couple a happy marriage or anything?? not sure if we are supposed to even know...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or it could be just a civil ceremony. Not sure about where you're from but I have tons of friends who opted to go that route to spare expense. Also have another friend who got married already and is waiting to have a reception at a later date. I had probably one of the more "tame" weddings I think in terms of expense and I don't even want to tell you how much I paid for it back in 2012.

Did they have a big wedding or reception? That would be the thing to look into. If they didn't have a reception, it's possible it was just as civil ceremony.

Or could be the whole "big Black guy" thing.

don't really know much about civil ceremony, but she is a Hollywood type... Actually semi famous... so maybe civil ceremony makes sense... But even that, shouldn't some family(outside the immediate) know... I mean, we are talking aunts and uncles here...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't really know much about civil ceremony, but she is a Hollywood type... Actually semi famous... so maybe civil ceremony makes sense... But even that, shouldn't some family(outside the immediate) know... I mean, we are talking aunts and uncles here...

Kind of hard to tell without knowing your family dynamic. For my own family, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened with some of my first cousins. Some people like to be secretive in nature. I had a co-worker who's basically like family(my family and her family are close), she got married in a civil ceremony and didn't tell anyone in the office she was married for over a year. It only came up because she had to get him on to her health care plan later on.

I think it would be more strange if select aunt's and uncles knew but not all. If all the uncles and aunt's did not know, I don't think it's really an issue. Just people being people.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of hard to tell without knowing your family dynamic. For my own family, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened with some of my first cousins. Some people like to be secretive in nature. I had a co-worker who's basically like family(my family and her family are close), she got married in a civil ceremony and didn't tell anyone in the office she was married for over a year. It only came up because she had to get him on to her health care plan later on.

I think it would be more strange if select aunt's and uncles knew but not all. If all the uncles and aunt's did not know, I don't think it's really an issue. Just people being people.

Thanks man... from how you are explaining it, it sounds normal(at least in the west coast)... Makes me more at ease that it is not a slap in my dad's face...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk Family drama alert...

Want to hear your guys opinion about this...

My Father and his sister have been fighting ever since my grandparents died... It has gotten so bad that they just don't talk... haven't really talked in the last 2+ years...

We just found out that my first cousin( my aunt's daughter), has been married since last September... Clearly we were not invited to the wedding not even told about it...

Here is the thing though, I don't think anyone in the family knew about the wedding, because a couple months ago when my parents and I went to my other first cousin's(my aunt's Son) new son's bris(jew thing), nobody even knew that my dad and his sister were not talking... If the wedding was not a secret, people would have wondered why we were not at the wedding... And of course she was not even there for her own brother's new son's bris...

The working theory is that my aunt and uncle are embarrassed about the WHO my cousin married... She married a big Black guy... Yes, I know that sounds racist, but you have to understand that Jews are a minority, and are taught that they have to marry in their religion to keep the population up... Although, marrying a non-jew is frowned upon, it is not really the worst thing, as many jews marry outside their religion(including my sister)... But could marrying a black man be a double whammy?? I honestly, have no clue what to think about this...

we somehow found out yesterday... one of my sisters found her on facebook(she is a bit of a snoop)... We were afraid to tell my dad, because we had no clue how he would react... My mom caved and told him... But, I really have no clue how to even think about this...
Marrying a black man should not be a "double whammy". You're just a racist.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To suggest that somehow being Jews are a minority makes it okay for them to have racial feelings is not something that should come as a surprise, minorities are far more racist than whites are. Without knowing anyone in the story I would think your thought as to WHO she married probably played a large part in nobody knowing.

The fact nobody reached out to your family to ask why you/they weren't at the funeral means there were probably a lot of family that wasn't invited. I feel bad that you and your family are going through such things, almost all of my family is dead now but when alive there was never a time certain people didn't talk to other people, if there was a problem it usually lead to bloodshed and then everything was okay.

I don't know how you should feel about any of it, if it were me I simply wouldn't give a fuck, if you are gonna be so small as not to invite me to a wedding for some fight or because you are embarrassed about who the groom is then I probably didn't wanna go anyhow.

Racism exists in all walks of life, but pegging minorities as MORE racist is just flat out wrong. This is the "well if that's bad, this is worse" argument. How about both are just wrong?

That's a pretty hot take sir. I don't presume to know your life and don't know what you've been through, but suggesting minorities as more racist is pure BS. I've lived my entire life in the most liberal and culturally diverse city in the country and yet I've been subjected to racism on many occasions, from black, white and even other Asian. Did you know some Asian countries don't get along or like one another?

Racism exists on all levels. I do agree that Whites get more than their fair share of coverage on the matter, but because one problem exists, it doesn't make it less of an issue if it exists elsewhere as well, IMO.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk Family drama alert...

Want to hear your guys opinion about this...

My Father and his sister have been fighting ever since my grandparents died... It has gotten so bad that they just don't talk... haven't really talked in the last 2+ years...

We just found out that my first cousin( my aunt's daughter), has been married since last September... Clearly we were not invited to the wedding not even told about it...

Here is the thing though, I don't think anyone in the family knew about the wedding, because a couple months ago when my parents and I went to my other first cousin's(my aunt's Son) new son's bris(jew thing), nobody even knew that my dad and his sister were not talking... If the wedding was not a secret, people would have wondered why we were not at the wedding... And of course she was not even there for her own brother's new son's bris...

The working theory is that my aunt and uncle are embarrassed about the WHO my cousin married... She married a big Black guy... Yes, I know that sounds racist, but you have to understand that Jews are a minority, and are taught that they have to marry in their religion to keep the population up... Although, marrying a non-jew is frowned upon, it is not really the worst thing, as many jews marry outside their religion(including my sister)... But could marrying a black man be a double whammy?? I honestly, have no clue what to think about this...

we somehow found out yesterday... one of my sisters found her on facebook(she is a bit of a snoop)... We were afraid to tell my dad, because we had no clue how he would react... My mom caved and told him... But, I really have no clue how to even think about this...

Anyone think about wishing her and him a happy marriage? They are already married so more fighting within the family is not going to solve any problems but only add to them. Maybe a family gathering and since people weren't invited to the wedding that someone in the family throw them a ceremony. Black, white, Jewish or named Tommy should be no means for hatred but instead of dividing the family even more you just received another member so why not embrace him and make the family whole again. Good luck with your family Milk and at least you guys can all rejoice and watch the Yankees in the World Series, oops.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Racism exists in all walks of life, but pegging minorities as MORE racist is just flat out wrong. This is the "well if that's bad, this is worse" argument. How about both are just wrong?

That's a pretty hot take sir. I don't presume to know your life and don't know what you've been through, but suggesting minorities as more racist is pure BS. I've lived my entire life in the most liberal and culturally diverse city in the country and yet I've been subjected to racism on many occasions, from black, white and even other Asian. Did you know some Asian countries don't get along or like one another?

Racism exists on all levels. I do agree that Whites get more than their fair share of coverage on the matter, but because one problem exists, it doesn't make it less of an issue if it exists elsewhere as well, IMO.

Show where I said racism didn't exist within all races? Also show me where I said it wasn't wrong? It's not pure bullshit regardless of how you feel living in liberalworld. I have lived all over this country and I am very confident in saying black folks are far more racist than are whites and in a lot of cases with good reason.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are we not finishing the draft just posting our teams?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show where I said racism didn't exist within all races? Also show me where I said it wasn't wrong? It's not pure bullshit regardless of how you feel living in liberalworld. I have lived all over this country and I am very confident in saying black folks are far more racist than are whites and in a lot of cases with good reason.

I didn't say, you didn't say it didn't exist within all races. I said you pointing out that minorities are more racist was pure bull shit because that's speculative. Bullshit in that it's not tangible. If 90% of my racist encounters were with White people, it would also be bullshit for me to say that White's are more racist.

We are a makeup of not only our environment but our experiences. I have no doubt that mine varies great differently from you.

Also your experiences from racism exists as a white male, who experiences racism from the other spectrum(black v. white). But now you understand what it's like for some of the black males out there who experience the same racism but opposite (white v. black). So in their view, White people are way more racist. Again that would be a bullshit take by them because it's not tangible.

That's why I'm saying what you're saying is bullshit. If you want to say you've experienced plenty of racism by minorities, I wouldn't have an issue. But you saying that they're more racist based on your experiences. Your experience as a White male is completely different from a Black male, Asian male, Latino male, etc.

This isn't a liberal point of view either IMO. I'm not even that liberal to be honest. I would say on a few social issues you could classify me that way, but economically I'm somewhere between moderate and conservative.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are we not finishing the draft just posting our teams?

Oh my bad if we weren't. I just saw others had and saw there were remaining picks, so I just did mine too. You can delete my post if necessary.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but only for the white males

tenor.gif

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say, you didn't say it didn't exist within all races. I said you pointing out that minorities are more racist was pure bull shit because that's speculative. Bullshit in that it's not tangible. If 90% of my racist encounters were with White people, it would also be bullshit for me to say that White's are more racist.

We are a makeup of not only our environment but our experiences. I have no doubt that mine varies great differently from you.

Also your experiences from racism exists as a white male, who experiences racism from the other spectrum(black v. white). But now you understand what it's like for some of the black males out there who experience the same racism but opposite (white v. black). So in their view, White people are way more racist. Again that would be a bullshit take by them because it's not tangible.

That's why I'm saying what you're saying is bullshit. If you want to say you've experienced plenty of racism by minorities, I wouldn't have an issue. But you saying that they're more racist based on your experiences. Your experience as a White male is completely different from a Black male, Asian male, Latino male, etc.

This isn't a liberal point of view either IMO. I'm not even that liberal to be honest. I would say on a few social issues you could classify me that way, but economically I'm somewhere between moderate and conservative.

I'm not only using my own experiences of racism, matter of fact that plays only a small percentage of what i'm using to draw my conclusions but like i've said I was in the military I have lived in many different places, Florida, Texas, Minnesota, Michigan, Mississippi, New York, Virginia and while I have met thousands of people of all races and there is obviously good and bad in every race but I would bet my life that by percentage blacks are more racist against whites than the other way around and it's not close. Maybe you should pay more attention to the world around you, my being white has nothing to do with it.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not only using my own experiences of racism, matter of fact that plays only a small percentage of what i'm using to draw my conclusions but like i've said I was in the military I have lived in many different places, Florida, Texas, Minnesota, Michigan, Mississippi, New York, Virginia and while I have met thousands of people of all races and there is obviously good and bad in every race but I would bet my life that by percentage blacks are more racist against whites than the other way around and it's not close. Maybe you should pay more attention to the world around you, my being white has nothing to do with it.

Will do.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have lived in Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia, Florida, Kansas, Korea and I have seen racism from every nationality, sexuality, race, etc. It's all around us. It's how we respond to racism is what truly defines us.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my bad if we weren't. I just saw others had and saw there were remaining picks, so I just did mine too. You can delete my post if necessary.

Nah, I wasnt mad I get it, we have kinda stopped