• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UFC 181

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what feels like the first time in forever, UFC actually has a card worth watching tonight. We got TWO title fights; Hendricks vs Lawler for the Welterweight Title and Pettis vs Melendez for the Lightweight Title

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuckballs. What a fucking AWFUL decision. Lawler wins the belt off of a split decision. One braindead judge had it 49-46. There is NO FUCKING WAY he won. Hendricks won that fight. It was 4-1. At worst, it was 3-2 but Hendricks clearly had 3 rounds. Absolute horseshit. This wasn't even a close fight like their first match where you could say it was a toss up. Hendricks clearly won that fight. One of the worst decisions I've ever seen. They're venturing into boxing territory with this kind of garbage.

On a more positive note, Pettis finished off Melendez in the 2nd with a choke. He looked really good coming off the long lay off.

But seriously, fuck those judges.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was rooting for Robbie, happy he won, have to admit I had it 48-47 Hendricks. Serves Hendricks right, he made a lot of GSP's lay and pray, but that's prettu much what Johnny's game plan was by holding Lawler against the fence and falling into the turtle

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuckballs. What a fucking AWFUL decision. Lawler wins the belt off of a split decision. One braindead judge had it 49-46. There is NO FUCKING WAY he won. Hendricks won that fight. It was 4-1. At worst, it was 3-2 but Hendricks clearly had 3 rounds. Absolute horseshit. This wasn't even a close fight like their first match where you could say it was a toss up. Hendricks clearly won that fight. One of the worst decisions I've ever seen. They're venturing into boxing territory with this kind of garbage.

On a more positive note, Pettis finished off Melendez in the 2nd with a choke. He looked really good coming off the long lay off.

But seriously, fuck those judges.

Everyone in our house was stunned at the judge who had it 49-46 Lawler. When they said 49-46, everyone was like, yeah. Then they said ''NEW'', it was stunning. I thought 1 was close round to Hendricks, 2 and 3 were clearly his, 4 very close to Lawler, 4 was clearly a big round for Lawler

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter if that's what he did. The judges still have to score it properly. He got the takedowns, controlled the fight, and if the graphics were correct halfway thru the 5th, even had significantly more strikes landed.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter if that's what he did. The judges still have to score it properly. He got the takedowns, controlled the fight, and if the graphics were correct halfway thru the 5th, even had significantly more strikes landed.

I agree with that, like I said, 48-47 Hendricks, but he can never bitch about GSP and lay and pray again without being a hypocrite

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that, like I said, 48-47 Hendricks, but he can never bitch about GSP and lay and pray again without being a hypocrite

True. I still just don't even see how you could score it for Lawler in any way. Only round he won imo was the 5th. You could make a case for the 1st but it looked like Hendricks recovered from Lawler's initial burst and did enough to steal the round. And I thought Hendricks clearly won the middle rounds. You say you thought Lawler had the 4th, but I just don't see it. Lawler did next to nothing in rounds 2-4 to the point where I couldn't tell if he hurt himself or if he burnt himself out from an adrenaline dump. And Hendricks tagged him throughout with some very nice combos.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I still just don't even see how you could score it for Lawler in any way. Only round he won imo was the 5th. You could make a case for the 1st but it looked like Hendricks recovered from Lawler's initial burst and did enough to steal the round. And I thought Hendricks clearly won the middle rounds. You say you thought Lawler had the 4th, but I just don't see it. Lawler did next to nothing in rounds 2-4 to the point where I couldn't tell if he hurt himself or if he burnt himself out from an adrenaline dump. And Hendricks tagged him throughout with some very nice combos.

I thought 2-3 were clear Hendricks, 5 was clear Lawler, 1-4 were argueable either way. I heard Dana repeat something after the fight that sort of applies.....You can't win a fight with your head between someone's legs. At first, ok. But when Hendricks ran him to the cage at the start of the round....I think he was penalized for that. I think Hendricks technically should have one, but I have no problem with the decision because I've always thought lay and pray shouldn't count as control

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt see any fights, just sick of hearing pettis, if you cant fight within a year they should put the belt up in a tournament. 15 months they waited for him. They kinda jabbed at him in the after show, dont know if it was on purpose but they mentioned how active his little brother is. I dont think Pettis expects to fight more than once or twice a year. At least Benson fought every couple months.

Tomas Tatar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh.

Eh. I'm just gonna throw this out there m8... Champs fought x amount of times in 2014

Cain - 0 Werdum - 3
Jones - 1
Weidman - 1
Hendricks - 2 *Lawler - 4
Pettis - 1
Aldo - 2
Dillashaw - 2
Johnson - 2
Rousey - 2

Fighter insurance and such... Trend is champions fight less. Hate it, but that's what it is now. Weidman will be out 9 months from fight to fight. Hendricks was out 9. Jones will be out 9. Cain looking around 20. Johnson still isn't booked. Likely about 6. Dillashaw about the same, if not more. Lawler likely goes in April. Rouseys been out uh 6. Aldo was out 9 too.

Tomas Tatar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick of title fight rematches though. Hoping for

Lawler vs Mac
Hendricks vs Lombard or Woodley/Kelvin winner
Browne vs Arlovski
Pettis vs Khabib
Melendez vs Cerrone/Lauzon/Johnson/Alvarez

As well as I do like Conor vs Aldo.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the guys who've missed time were rehabbing injuries. Cain, Silva, GSP, Cruz, Pettis, etc, all have been on the shelf. MMA is a sport where you get injured as much training for the fight as the fight itself. It's not like football where they only go in pads once a week in practice and NEVER hit the QB(or anyone else for that matter). The only way to get ready for a fight...is to fight

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, a lot of that is camp injuries. The last 2 years or so, it seems like there has been an epidemic on injuries happening and the big fights get pushed back as a result. Its enough to where I think UFC and the camps need to sit down and formulate better training methods. These injuries are hurting the product.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a huge UFC fan base on here, huh?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Lawler, he's a beast.

Tomas Tatar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, a lot of that is camp injuries. The last 2 years or so, it seems like there has been an epidemic on injuries happening and the big fights get pushed back as a result. Its enough to where I think UFC and the camps need to sit down and formulate better training methods. These injuries are hurting the product.

Van only go so far. Can't work around wrestling training, BJJ, etc. Some dudes are definitely overtraining though.