• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UDFA Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'haquille "Duke" Williams (Auburn) signed a free agent contract with the Rams last night. Yet another talented WR to add to the preseason mix, yet a troubled one. Kicked off the Auburn team this past season for multiple infractions including a bar fight (appears to be something the Rams look for in their receivers this offseason).

Rams also added WR JJ Worton (who had been on the roster late last season but not retained with a futures contract). He also has assault charges pending. Isiah Ferguson was released to make room for Worton.

Rambulance

MuscleBear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing Spruce's career numbers, I couldn't believe that the kid went undrafted. And then I looked at the career list...

Seems college production at WR is not a very good indicator of NFL success.
Career Leaders and Records for Receptions | College Football at Sports-Reference.com
Career Leaders and Records for Receiving Yards | College Football at Sports-Reference.com
Career Leaders and Records for Receiving Touchdowns | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Most top WRs don't stay for their senior year, which definitely contributes to that.

Rambulance

MuscleBear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most top WRs don't stay for their senior year, which definitely contributes to that.

You have to admit, though, that it is a pretty crazy coincidence. Why would you ever draft a senior WR that did nothing extraordinary to get himself drafted early. These lists pretty much prove that these aren't your elite prospects at the position.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to admit, though, that it is a pretty crazy coincidence. Why would you ever draft a senior WR that did nothing extraordinary to get himself drafted early. These lists pretty much prove that these aren't your elite prospects at the position.

There are a few situations, like JuCo transfers that emerge late, injuries, and being buried on a depth chart, but for the most part senior players are looked at in lesser regard to the early entrants.

It happens in the NBA too. Anyone that sticks around for the full 4 years is deemed to have less upside because they supposedly should have reached that upside by now.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kareem Abdul Jabbar had a response to that issue shopson and TEB and I tend to agree with him. He stated that players that don't stick around for the full four years have less skills and maturity and know the team approach than their counterparts and in the long run affect the integrity of the game for the worse.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke Williams might be a real find if they can perform a Janoris Jenkins protocol on him and get him to leave behind the behavior he learned in the "hood".

In other relevant news. Seahawks lose a WR similar to what we lost with Bailey. This is never good to witness.

Terrible neck injury forces Seahawks WR Ricardo Lockette to retire

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kareem Abdul Jabbar had a response to that issue shopson and TEB and I tend to agree with him. He stated that players that don't stick around for the full four years have less skills and maturity and know the team approach than their counterparts and in the long run affect the integrity of the game for the worse.

I agree, IMO it should be mandatory that they spend 4 years in college before entering the pros.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, IMO it should be mandatory that they spend 4 years in college before entering the pros.

That will never be agreed to. It shortens the players' pro careers for one thing. They would have to start paying college players. Besides, it's not the same for every player and we're only talking about 1 year. Convincing those that aren't ready to stay another year is the tough part.

It's really bad in basketball though. You have players that are on campus for less than one season because they stop going to class as soon as it won't affect their eligibility any longer. Players are turning pro just because some advisor says they could get drafted. If they're wrong, these kids have no recourse. Out of the NCAA, not NBA material, and no education.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with the three years out of HS rule the NFL has in place, it's the one and done in CBB where I think KAJ really has the issues.