• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UDFA Thread

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, who's the chef again? :noidea:

I tend to forget these type of details, sorry in advance!

I just want to know who to listen to. :thumb:

I dated a girl way back in the day and she used to mix in fresh soy sauce into the ground hamburger.

No idea how much she used per pound.

Damned tasty though! The burgers too! :dhd:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, who's the chef again? :noidea:

I tend to forget these type of details, sorry in advance!

I just want to know who to listen to. :thumb:

I dated a girl way back in the day and she used to mix in fresh soy sauce into the ground hamburger.

No idea how much she used per pound.

Damned tasty though! The burgers too! :dhd:

Well I am a professional Chef, doesn't mean I know everything though :suds:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the updated list so far...

Taylor Bertolet, K, Texas A&M
Brandon Chubb, MLB, Wake Forest
Morgan Fox, DE, CSU-Pueblo
Rohan Gaines, S, Arkansas
Aaron Green, RB, TCU
Nicholas Grigsby, OLB, Pitt
Darreon Herring, LB, Vanderbilt
Michael Jordan, CB, Missouri Western
Jordan Lomax, S, Iowa
Paul McRoberts, WR, SE Missouri State
Pace Murphy, OT, Northwestern State
Marquez North, WR, Tennessee
Jeff Overbaugh, LS, Anchorage
Kache Palacio, LB, Washington State
Brian Randolph, FS, Tennessee
Winston Rose, CB, New Mexico State
Ian Seau, OLB/DE, Nevada
Nelson Spruce, WR, Colorado
Jordan Swindle, OT, Kentucky

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been talk of Wickman working some center but don't know how valid it is. As for a statement I saw somewhere about not drafting a tackle and moving Robinson inside, the 2nd baby boy Saffold tweeted Goff saying glad to see him or something like that. Really? What would Saffold know about anyone who is on the field?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The UDFA Skinny from Turf Show Times....

(NOTE: These remain unverified, but once we have confirmation we'll remove this disclaimer. Until then, we'll adjust as necessary and note any updates in the text and on Twitter)

Texas A&M K Taylor Bertolet
Here's Bertolet's kicking camp highlight video. That's as complete as UDFA analysis as you should want. Anything past that is Deep Internet. You want to get there? Try getting past the Breitbart Bayless Kicker Threshold.

Wake Forest MLB Brandon Chubb
Character. Bloodlines. This has the makeup of a UDFA that makes the team....

Colorado St. University-Pueblo DE Morgan Fox
Uh...Pueblo, Colorado...holla at ya boi?

Arkansas S Rohan Gaines
Undersized but with plenty of pop. Perfect UDFA candidate. Should have a chance to crack the roster.

TCU RB Aaron Green
Green's got a lot of Daryl Richardson to him. Acceleration, explosion, jump off...yup. But beyond that...what can he add? He sees the field fine and holds the ball well to avoid fumbles...but as an NFL back, what does he give beyond the first couple of yards?

Pitt OLB Nicholas Grigsby
Undersized tenacious OLB...a replacement for special teams ace Daren Bates?

Vanderbilt LB Darreon Herring
In the linebacker/special teams mix. Measurables are a minus, but could get a bump for physicality.

Missouri Western CB Michael Jordan
One of the greatest basketball players of all time returned to school at Missouri Western to try his hand at cornerback. Time will tell how the former Chicago Bulls great will fare in the NFL.

Washington LB Cory Littleton
Another intriguing play at LB. This is going to be a packed position at this point...

Iowa S Jordan Lomax
Size and coverage skills likely limit him to special teams, but his physicality and work ethic make him a probable to at least make the practice squad with a shot to see 53-man roster time if injuries open up space.

Southeast Missouri St. WR Paul McRoberts
With a former home in St. Louis, it shouldn't surprise that the Rams picked up players from Missouri Western and SEMO. The problem, of course, is these guys rarely last. Then again, Matt Longacre is real...

Northwestern St. OT Pace Murphy
Natchitoches, Louisiana, is in the house. I've got my fan favorite marked.

Tennessee WR Marquez North
I'm surprised North didn't get drafted. He's got solid measurables with a lot of traits you'd want in a flanker. He's got a lot of Brian Quick in him.

The issue is the lack of production and, well...Brian Quick's not the kind of player you want to be compared to in 2016.

Anchorage LS Jeff Overbaugh
SO MUCH TO SAY, SO LITTLE TIME.

Washington St. LB Kache Palacio
I'm gonna have to go back on this one. I watched a couple of Wazzu games this year, and Palacio never stood out. Then again, Washington State's defense rarely does for anything positive...Palacio has solid size. With Pac-12 experience, he could be a legit diamond in the rough heading into camp.

Tennessee FS Brian Randolph
See Lomax above. One of them? Possibly. Both of them? Doubtful...

New Mexico St. CB Winston Rose
Mentioned this one ahead of the draft. The Rams were able to get one of their guys without using a draft pick. Solid, regardless of the target.

Nevada OLB Ian Seau
A bit of a tweener lacking the size for DE but without the athleticism for a 4-3 OLB. The nephew of NFL Hall of Famer Junior Seau is sure to draw attention on the family name...

Colorado WR Nelson Spruce
Poor measurables, but plus technique. These are always hard to sniff out at draft time. Will he be able to carve out a career on savvy and coachability?

Kentucky OT Jordan Swindle
A coach's favorite at UK, Swindle doesn't really stand out for his play. He might have the early edge over Murphy to make it through, but the Rams stacked up last year. Can Swindle swindle the likes of Isiah Battle and Darrell Williams out of a spot?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'haquille Williams (WR, Auburn) has a try out with the Rams on Friday. "1st round talent, 7th round character"

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Duke Williams could be a good pick up from Auburn if he can keep his head on straight

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap: Jalapeno burgers! :clap:

Finely grinding up 4 jalapeno peppers(discard seeds) and thoroughly mix with 2-2.5 lbs of ground beef which makes about 8 large patties! (1/4 pounders) Cook until non pink then add pepper jack cheese (if desired) Lip smackin good!

and oh yah.........don't forget to indulge in your favorite beverage! :martini:

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McRoberts with 1 handed catches, he did this all the time in college. He can catch everything in sight

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams WR Nelson Spruce hoping to make impact as an undrafted free agent

0507_SPO_LDN-L-RAMS-JM-0%3D3-L.jpg
QB #16 Jared Goff drops back for a handoff while flanked by #89 Tyler Higbee and #70 Jordan Swindle. The Rams are holding rookie minicamp on a the practice field behind the Residence Inn River Ridge. Oxnard, CA. May 6, 2016.

Nelson Spruce is still chasing his NFL dream. Somehow, it’s brought him back within a short drive of his hometown.

On Friday, the Los Angeles Rams completed their first day of rookie minicamp in Oxnard, less than 30 miles away from Westlake High. That’s where Spruce once pulled in 37 touchdowns and nearly 3,000 receiving yards, the bulk of which came over the course of two seasons. That was enough to earn him a scholarship at Colorado, where he became the Pac-12’s all-time leader in receptions.

Now, he’s back in Southern California, trying to earn a spot with a franchise that left town before he turned three.

“It’s kind of a crazy situation,” Spruce said.

Despite his college production, the 22-year-old had been left waiting after the NFL draft. Though he had prepared for the worst — his 4.69-second 40-yard dash didn’t turn any heads at the NFL combine — going undrafted was still disappointing. Thirty-three times over the course of three days, teams had decided to take a receiver. It was never him.

The Rams, however, had continuously showed the most interest. He kept in close touch with both offensive coordinator Rob Boras and receivers coach Mike Groh, and didn’t visit any other team for a private workout. And, as luck would have it, he had trained with top overall pick Jared Goff in advance of the combine.

“Any little advantage I can get, I’m going to take,” Spruce said. “I think that little chemistry we have is going to definitely pay off, especially to begin with.”

Of course, Goff has plenty of other rookie receivers to choose from too. There are the two draft picks, South Carolina’s Pharoh Cooper (No. 117) and Southern Mississippi’s Michael Thomas (No. 206). There are the two other signees, Southeast Missouri State’s Paul McRoberts and Tennessee’s Marquez North.

To earn himself a spot, Spruce will have to adjust to playing in the slot, after spending most of his career lining up out wide. He’ll also have to learn how to become a contributor on special teams, particularly in kick and punt return coverage.

He’s looking forward to the challenge: “I’m glad I ended up here.”

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Britt's and Quick's roster spots are in jeopardy with all these first round talent WRs in camp! LOL!