• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UCF building up that OOC in 2021

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No G5 team has accomplished the criteria I laid out, so until they do, stop whining about the system. If they truly wanted to be considered, the path to take is quite obvious and clear.

Not even remotely obvious and clear for anyone much less G5 teams. You have no idea what combination of record, SOS , and game control beats another. Or, for example, when does a 2 loss team have the SOS and game control to jump a one loss team for a playoff spot?

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s just being stupid wanting hard line rules when it has to be fluid because each year is very different.

How does each year being different require a committee to invent new reasons to pick one team over another? And how different are the seasons anyway when the committee has picked four P5 teams with fewest losses all six years so far?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does each year being different require a committee to invent new reasons to pick one team over another? And how different are the seasons anyway when the committee has picked four P5 teams with fewest losses all six years so far?
Year one you had you had 1 undefeated and 5 one loss teams to fill 3 spots.
Year two you have 1 undefeated and 5 undefeated to fill 3 spots.
Year three you have 2 undefeated, 3 one loss teams, and 2 Two loss conference champs.

Every year is not the exact same and when you have such a small percentage of team playing each other you can’t have hard cut rules. Unless you want to do the NCAA basketball tourney and have 68 teams in the playoffs every year but then the regular season is pretty pointless.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even remotely obvious and clear for anyone much less G5 teams. You have no idea what combination of record, SOS , and game control beats another. Or, for example, when does a 2 loss team have the SOS and game control to jump a one loss team for a playoff spot?

It's obvious and clear that the G5 teams in consideration have played weaker schedules than the p5 teams chosen.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year one you had you had 1 undefeated and 5 one loss teams to fill 3 spots.
Year two you have 1 undefeated and 5 undefeated to fill 3 spots.
Year three you have 2 undefeated, 3 one loss teams, and 2 Two loss conference champs.

Every year is not the exact same and when you have such a small percentage of team playing each other you can’t have hard cut rules. Unless you want to do the NCAA basketball tourney and have 68 teams in the playoffs every year but then the regular season is pretty pointless.

Sports that use rules have different combinations of teams with the same record. I don't see how that is a problem. My own idea agrees and disagrees with polls and committees at a consistent rate.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports that use rules have different combinations of teams with the same record. I don't see how that is a problem. My own idea agrees and disagrees with polls and committees at a consistent rate.
Again, then let’s do it like the NFL, we have a 55 week season, one bye, then conference championship game, then a 12 team playoffs and everyone’s happy.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, then let’s do it like the NFL, we have a 55 week season, one bye, then conference championship game, then a 12 team playoffs and everyone’s happy.

We don't need a 55 week season. 12-13 games are enough to decide which teams get more value for their season as a matter of rule.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need a 55 week season. 12-13 games are enough to decide which teams get more value for their season as a matter of rule.
Then you need to understand that it’s difficult to have hard set qualifications when the average team only plays 8.5% of FBS teams and there is little to no head to head to base off of and not a high chance of common opponents to go off of. You have to allow some flexibility when some years you have only one undefeated team and others you have 3 and only 4 playoff spots.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you need to understand that it’s difficult to have hard set qualifications when the average team only plays 8.5% of FBS teams and there is little to no head to head to base off of and not a high chance of common opponents to go off of. You have to allow some flexibility when some years you have only one undefeated team and others you have 3 and only 4 playoff spots.

I don't think you need head to head and common opponents. If those things are necessary, how does a committee get around that problem? Obviously, there are plenty of examples where A is ranked above B where those teams did not play HTH or share any common opponents.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you need head to head and common opponents. If those things are necessary, how does a committee get around that problem? Obviously, there are plenty of examples where A is ranked above B where those teams did not play HTH or share any common opponents.

1. W/L Record
2. SOS
3. Game Control

Haven't you been paying attention?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota lost twice so I don't know what your point here is although I don't think the committee format treats P5 teams equally either. Beyond that, I'm not arguing that a G5 should have made the playoffs. Simply arguing that what it takes for them be defined by rules.

Let me rephrase that, when Minnesota and Baylor were undefeated they weren’t getting much respect when they were both undefeated with a harder schedule than UCF had in 2017. A 4 loss P5 team is a better win than a two loss AAC team.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How exactly would you like to compare teams if you think head to head, common opponents, committee, and strength of schedule are all bullshit? A fucking Ouija board?

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me rephrase that, when Minnesota and Baylor were undefeated they weren’t getting much respect when they were both undefeated with a harder schedule than UCF had in 2017. A 4 loss P5 team is a better win than a two loss AAC team.

I agree that those teams were treated worse because of their identity. The lack of rules is a problem for all teams. I have no doubt that if, for example, Mississippi and Alabama traded results in 2017, that an 11-2 Ohio State would get picked over a one loss non champ Mississippi.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How exactly would you like to compare teams if you think head to head, common opponents, committee, and strength of schedule are all bullshit? A fucking Ouija board?

I don't think SOS is bullshit. In fact, my own idea is all about the your record and your schedule.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that those teams were treated worse because of their identity. The lack of rules is a problem for all teams. I have no doubt that if, for example, Mississippi and Alabama traded results in 2017, that an 11-2 Ohio State would get picked over a one loss non champ Mississippi.

You don’t seem to grasp that there can’t be stone cold locked rules. There is something called the eye test. Without it sure make some rules but then it defeats the purpose of a playoff by not putting the best teams on the field.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t seem to grasp that there can’t be stone cold locked rules. There is something called the eye test. Without it sure make some rules but then it defeats the purpose of a playoff by not putting the best teams on the field.

I don't grasp it because it is not remotely true. Furthermore, the purpose of rules is to place and advance teams based on which teams best accomplish what the rules in play value for the purpose of determining a winner. The best teams are entitled to nothing unless they beat the lesser teams at the rules of the competition. Sometimes better teams are eliminated earlier in a competition because their results were not good enough.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone is bored:lol: