• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Type A free agents

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and there's this from a few days ago:

Byrnes says San Diego will likely offer Heath Bell arbitration, according to Dan Hayes of the North County Times (on Twitter). Bell is a Type A free agent, as MLBTR learned earlier today. If he declines arbitration to sign elsewhere, the Padres will obtain two draft picks in 2012. However, Bell has indicated that he will accept.

this is a man who would rather pitch in SD than make more money

Well, I'll damned. I'll bet he pissed a lot of people off with that stance. Thanks for posting. I would have never guessed. I'll have to visit San Diego one of these days.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just b/c you want him to stay closer doesn't mean he will, and they needed a closer end of story on the Feliz debate, they had a very successful one from the year before and went with him, and was probably the right decision, but the fact of the matter is that Feliz DID look good starting and it was said by many in and outside the Rangers organization

I didn't say he was going into the rotation, but if CJ signs elsewhere and they sign a true closer then I would certainly explore the possibility

Just because you want them to move Feliz into the rotation doesn't mean they will.

And if Feliz looked so good in ST, why did the club elect to move Ogando to the rotation when he proved to be exceptional coming out of the bullpen the year before and could have easily been the closer? If he really looked that good it seems that would have been the logical decision.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because you want them to move Feliz into the rotation doesn't mean they will.

And if Feliz looked so good in ST, why did the club elect to move Ogando to the rotation when he proved to be exceptional coming out of the bullpen the year before and could have easily been the closer? If he really looked that good it seems that would have been the logical decision.

b/c Feliz had actually closed before, I've said as much repeatedly

I didn't say I even thought they would, I just said I'd like them to pursue a closer and move Feliz into the rotation IF CJ leaves

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like CJ wants to come back anyways.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Nefty said he didn't want to be a starter and chose to stay in the bullpen?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt anyone really knows exactly what happened with that.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Nefty said he didn't want to be a starter and chose to stay in the bullpen?

At first he said he wanted to close but the Rangers went ahead with a program to stretch him out anyway

Feliz tinkered with some new pitches as a complement to his fastball including a cutter like pitch, and he was very successful with it, and then stated he liked the idea of being a starter

BUT when no one stepped up as closer worthy in ST, they moved him back into a relief role

Then when the season started he suffered an arm injury (I forget what it was exactly), and ended up on the DL, he blamed it on starting in ST and once again stated he preferred closing