• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rank all 30 franchises on all-time cache

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a comment in the Vegas A’s thread that got me thinking. I mentioned that an argument could be made to place the A’s as a top 5 franchise all time.

Of course that is a loaded question. What factors in? Championships? HOFers? Division championships? Regular season wins? General fandom? Hollywood representation? Market size?

Using your own valuation, rank all 30 teams. Here is my ranking (I have given it some thought, but this is still essentially off the top of my head)…

Yankees
Cardinals
Dodgers
Giants

Braves
Reds
Red Sox
A’s

Cubs
Phillies
Tigers
Orioles
Pirates
Mets

White Sox
Blue Jays
Rangers
Astros
Twins
Royals

Angels
Mariners
Nationals
Brewers
Marlins
Rays
Diamondbacks
Guardians
Padres
Rockies
Maybe I misunderstand “cache” but I’m surprised to see the Phillies so high when they own the distinction of being the “losingest” team in North American sports history. No one has lost more games than the Philadelphia Phillies. I’ve been blessed. I was born in 1980. The “hay day” of their franchise history has been in my lifetime.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I misunderstand “cache” but I’m surprised to see the Phillies so high when they own the distinction of being the “losingest” team in North American sports history. No one has lost more games than the Philadelphia Phillies. I’ve been blessed. I was born in 1980. The “hay day” of their franchise history has been in my lifetime.
Jesus Christ I’m an idiot. I don’t even know how old I am, haha . I was born in 1976

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny that non-White Sox fans probably rank us higher than actual White Sox fans on this list. We’re so bad we can’t even get bias right.
The White Sox were my first team, because I was born in Chicago and my dad was a Sox fan (not Cubs). And yeah they have very little visibility or cachet, they're just that team. Which means the fans deserve a little extra respect for sticking with them.

I follow the Giants a lot more closely but still root for the Sox and talk about them all the time with my dad. Poor guy is 87 and every time they have a bad year like this one he jokes he doesn't have time to wait for them to get good again. At least he got to see them win it all in his lifetime.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 years of baseball just does not go away..
Cuz a guy wants a new..contract..

You are a troll..
So was panocheo....then they chopped his nose off ..

Hand pruners..??…you can do it yourself

Wat8.jpg

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you see ahtani.going to the angels..
In your head .
As he hates mariners ..now I have.
To root..for him I can't do it..
Like Houston putting a Houston Flagg..
On the space needle....
I'll take Snell ..thank you..

Media guys .give a dhit ..less .
Well said.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners are the only team now that hasn’t been to the World Series, not even winning one just getting there, it’s sad … Historically every-time they start getting a group of guys that could get it done we trade all the best players we have for prospects, BUT they’ll keep usually 1 star player around to give the fans the illusion they care and have a bobble head night…It’s been painful being an M’s fan let me tell ya … The talent we’ve watched walk outta here is just pathetic .. M’s should be a top 5 payroll team because of the $ they generate with a wide audience and TV contracts… But instead they go cheap all the @)@“& ing time …