• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im still waiting on a dinner invite from the Conways. I can bring popcorn.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @Bloody Brian Burke, one more Canadian federal holiday is coming...

The Liberal government will declare a federal statutory holiday to mark the tragic legacy of the residential school system, fulfilling a recommendation made by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC).

In a statement, a spokesperson for Heritage Minister Pablo Rodriguez said the department is working with Indigenous peoples to determine the best date for this sort of commemoration.

"We have committed to fulfilling all of the calls to action of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. Call to Action 80 asks the government of Canada to establish a National Day for Truth and Reconciliation to honour the survivors of residential schools," said Simon Ross, the minister's press secretary.

"That's exactly what we will do, and we will do that in partnership with Indigenous Peoples."

Two days are currently under consideration: June 21, which is National Indigenous Peoples Day, and September 30, which is named "Orange Shirt Day." It is named for the bright orange shirt given to six-year-old Phyllis Webstad by her grandmother in 1973; it was taken from her by administrators when she attended the St. Joseph Mission School in Williams Lake, B.C. The date was chosen because it's around the time Indigenous children were taken from their homes and sent to residential schools.

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/ottawa-declare-federal-holiday-mark-175559289.html
I mean, I'll take it. I don't quite understand why that particular (disgusting) action should be a holiday instead of, say, better educating kids about what happened but who am I to complain.

I still don't quite get why Nov. 11 isn't a holiday nationwide yet but :noidea:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sorry... could you repeat the question? Also, I don't think "collusion...on free press" (they're colluding on legal rights? huh??) is a thing.

Money is pouring into our dollar? Okay, seriously, you're having a stroke. Good news on the business optimism rating though! Let me just look that... oh that's not a thing either.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has got to stop. My new boss is a huge fan of the various Smokey And The Bandit and Cannonball Run movies. Because of that as a 'team building' exercise at the end of the day he like to show us outtakes/bloopers of the day. We work in a boring office so honestly not that much interesting happens so he has been creating outtakes. No, Wallace, we do not believe you mistakenly were holding your phone upside down when someone called you. And no we do not believe that you accidentally put Brenda's breast milk in your coffee - now her baby is going to go hungry tonight. Bonus points for the excellent spit take though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just flipping through the guide and see ESPN is airing a 4 hour show about how to draft for fantasy football.

LOL

I am not sure I can even count how many levels this is pathetic on.

My strategy:

1. Who did the website rank the highest?
2. Do I like his name?
3. Is there a better name nearby in the rankings?
4. Take that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.