• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still has a chance to

/
giphy.gif

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the bright side is that Warren not dropping probably siphoned enough of Bernie's votes to ensure Biden's big night. Perhaps they will reward her with VP.

Or Beto.

Creepy old guy with a black friend vs Creepy old guy who might be a Nazi it is. The debates will be... something.

And a Warren v Pence debate will be a massacre.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the bright side is that Warren not dropping probably siphoned enough of Bernie's votes to ensure Biden's big night. Perhaps they will reward her with VP.

Or Beto.

Creepy old guy with a black friend vs Creepy old guy who might be a Nazi it is. The debates will be... something.

He wouldn't show up because he can't be alone in a room with a woman.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or Beto.

I think they know that either Biden or Sanders would need some help to get past Trump, so they'll be looking for a VP that could motivate groups that traditionally have lower turnout.

Warren would make the VP debates must-watch TV for sure, but I doubt she gets the nod because she doesn't represent a significant departure from groups with traditionally higher turnout anyhow.

I think they look to someone more like Beto in the hope that he could bring out the traditionally lower voting Hispanic and younger demos.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bloomberg out. Well, that certainly was a waste of time and money.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the John Carter of Presidential candidates.
Oddly enough, when released John Carter was the biggest hit of the year in American Samoa.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they know that either Biden or Sanders would need some help to get past Trump, so they'll be looking for a VP that could motivate groups that traditionally have lower turnout.

Warren would make the VP debates must-watch TV for sure, but I doubt she gets the nod because she doesn't represent a significant departure from groups with traditionally higher turnout anyhow.

I think they look to someone more like Beto in the hope that he could bring out the traditionally lower voting Hispanic and younger demos.

You have to think he will help in Texas. There is enough rumbling about Texas maybe becoming a swing state, so...

I saw a stat that 18-29 YO voter turnout for this election was under 20%.

If they couldn't be bothered to turn out for Bernie, youngins won't turn out for anyone.

No matter what, the Democrats need to get their shit together, unify the message and bring in everyone who ran under one umbrella. Okay, so creepy old guy will be the nom. But outline the roles out of the gate. Beto in the second chair. Warren as Sec of education. Bernie in charge of HHS. Klobuchar at AG. Show people how they will benefit by voting. It needs to be more than "Orange man bad". Everyone knows Orange man bad. 40% of people simply don't give a fuck. Maybe get a disgruntled repub in the mix like Romney or Steele to head something they care about.

In fact, they should have done that last summer. Dream team that shit.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far be it from me to tell Alex Trebek to step away and stop hosting Jeopardy!, but between the heavy makeup and his voice cracking during the show, it's tough to watch at times. He's more than earned the right to call it a career when he sees fit and I wish him nothing but the best.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot blame any youngin’s for not voting. I am not sure how much good I think it does. Through voter suppression, gerrymandering, and the parties dictating candidates to the people (not the other way around as it should be) I find the whole situation pretty hopeless. Add in election security, disinformation, and possible election tampering and it gets worse.

Then the fact no matter what candidate wins nothing ever seems to get done. Gun control, health care reform / affordable healthcare were huge issues in the very first election I voted in when I was of age. Mass shootings are still a huge problem and affordable healthcare is still not a real thing*. And polls show the majority of people are in favor of changes to these problem areas. But no. Certain years in the late 90s / early 2000s my healthcare premiums went up by more than 100%. I work hard (nonsensical posts/stories aren’t going to write themselves) and do OK but I am never going to be rich. Now that I am staring at 50 later this year I am worried more than ever about healthcare costs. At this point I think it’s hopeless.

I will continue to vote more out of a sense of duty, not out of any real sense it means anything. I hope the young people do vote, but if they don’t I get it. And anyone bashing them for not showing up, especially ancient pundits or career politicians, can go fuck themselves. And fuck the plutocracy. And fuck all of this, its exhausting - any hot Corona infected women out there that want to infect me - I am ready.

*My company earlier in the decade could not provide healthcare for us so I had my own plan, Obamacare did help somewhat.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough times in northern Italy...

There are cases in half the italian provinces now. youngest person to have died from it so far in italy was 55. My cousin posted a story on facebook (fwiw) that said scientists are seeing this italian covid virus has different genetic markers than the virus in china :noidea: . mutation?

interesting that, like the us, italy was one of the first countries to ban travel from china, yet they have a large outbreak and theres reports the virus was already circulating weeks before the travel ban (like in the us)

Unlike the us though, there has been alot of testing for the virus. Over 10000 tests in Italy. Theyre at about 3.5% mortality. Considering the political motives of the other countries that are experiencing outbreaks, that 3.5% number might be the truest.

Status
Not open for further replies.