• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trevor Bauer Suspended

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read about his case a while ago so my recollection could be a bit spotty, but my understanding was that in the court case Bauer was able to prove via text messages that all of the violent sexual acts were completely consensual. Additionally, the accuser had been sexually linked to a number of other MLB players.

I could be wrong, and if I am, please feel free to correct me but it seems to me as if everything Bauer was accused of doing was consensual. Additionally, I believe that the LA county district attorney didn't file any criminal charges against Bauer.

If the worst of the accusations are to believed, then it is a good thing. But to me this appears to be a situation with a woman who either wants to get paid or has some sort of vendetta against Bauer.

The biggest mistake Bauer made was hooking up with a girl who is crazy enough to want that type of violent sex. If you've ever hooked up with a girl like that you know exactly what I mean.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read about his case a while ago so my recollection could be a bit spotty, but my understanding was that in the court case Bauer was able to prove via text messages that all of the violent sexual acts were completely consensual. Additionally, the accuser had been sexually linked to a number of other MLB players.

I could be wrong, and if I am, please feel free to correct me but it seems to me as if everything Bauer was accused of doing was consensual. Additionally, I believe that the LA county district attorney didn't file any criminal charges against Bauer.

If the worst of the accusations are to believed, then it is a good thing. But to me this appears to be a situation with a woman who either wants to get paid or has some sort of vendetta against Bauer.

The biggest mistake Bauer made was hooking up with a girl who is crazy enough to want that type of violent sex. If you've ever hooked up with a girl like that you know exactly what I mean.
You are not wrong. People and knee jerk reactions go hand in hand.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not wrong. People and knee jerk reactions go hand in hand.

Sex crimes are the new flavor of the month in the court system the past few years. They are quickly filling all the jails and prisons this way and making a ton of money in the process.

Used to be drugs was the #1 thing jamming people up behind bars. They have switched gears and now love to play the sex offense card whenever they can. No evidence required: just some alleged victim pointing a finger is all that is needed.

Prisons are not as dangerous for all the guards when you have a bunch of falsely accused sex criminals as opposed to dangerous gang banging dope dealers.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My issue with Bauer’s case is the chick sounded like one of the girls who are into the 50 shades of grey type stuff, but was during the whole believe women ordeal. But now that we have this Depp vs Heard trial going on, we have gotten a good look into how women like that are and it’s hard to feel like Bauer was actually deserving of a suspension at all.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue with Bauer’s case is the chick sounded like one of the girls who are into the 50 shades of grey type stuff, but was during the whole believe women ordeal. But now that we have this Depp vs Heard trial going on, we have gotten a good look into how women like that are and it’s hard to feel like Bauer was actually deserving of a suspension at all.
I don't want to get too graphic, but there are a good handful of girls I've been with who are into that shit. I wouldn't really comply or go along with it because that's not my thing, but I'm under the impression that it was completely consensual on both ends. If it wasn't, why would they keep going back?

I read the accusations published in the Washington Post recently about Bauer, and it seemed to be a case of, "choke me until I'm about to be unconscious, but don't choke me until I'm unconscious. Let's do it differently next time." Also I'm pretty sure in the article it also mentioned that Bauer freaked out after he realized the woman was choked unconscious.

Either way, there are some crazy fucking women out there and as much as I am inclined to believe victims, this just reeks of some crazy girls looking to get a settlement to shut up. Morality aside, people are selfish and the prospect of ruining someone's life for a six figure settlement doesn't seem to bother some people, so it's not surprising.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sex crimes are the new flavor of the month in the court system the past few years. They are quickly filling all the jails and prisons this way and making a ton of money in the process.

Used to be drugs was the #1 thing jamming people up behind bars. They have switched gears and now love to play the sex offense card whenever they can. No evidence required: just some alleged victim pointing a finger is all that is needed.

Prisons are not as dangerous for all the guards when you have a bunch of falsely accused sex criminals as opposed to dangerous gang banging dope dealers.
Good post.

People ignore how corrupt everything is and then they go along with it. Sick.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Previous to the incident, Bauer was a well known critic of the commish's office and MLB management, and less than tolerant of the sports reporters. So, I think part of Bauer's suspension was a behind the scenes payback. If a guy like Aaron Judge or Freddie Freeman had been caught up in a situation like this, the outcome would have been quite different.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Previous to the incident, Bauer was a well known critic of the commish's office and MLB management, and less than tolerant of the sports reporters. So, I think part of Bauer's suspension was a behind the scenes payback. If a guy like Aaron Judge or Freddie Freeman had been caught up in a situation like this, the outcome would have been quite different.
Not sure if he is even eligible but this is a dude that if the Mariners could sign would be a game changer. Essentially a much cheaper version of Snell in terms of getting a front line starter freeing up trading Gilbert or Miller.