• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trent Richardson to the Raiders

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd you trippin dude.. The Raiders WILL lead the AFC West in rushing.. Man i don't want to be the one to break that to you, but i just had to..

Haha ok. History and logic are not on your side but hey anything is possible. Raiders last year were the worst run blocking unit in the entire league. Coaching can help obviously but that is one bad unit that is going to take a couple of seasons to get right. You keep talking about this hurry up offense the Raiders are going to put in. That is great and all but if the offense isn't clicking it is the worst offense in the NFL to run because you waste so little clock. This was a problem even for the Broncos with the best hurry up QB in history in the offense hung the defense out to dry on Many occasions. Throw in new coaching staff and a very young QB with what will be an inexperienced RB and WR group. Hurry up is something that takes years to work not one training camp. The Broncos couldn't run it year one with Peyton so just be ready for dome interesting times

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha ok. History and logic are not on your side but hey anything is possible. Raiders last year were the worst run blocking unit in the entire league. Coaching can help obviously but that is one bad unit that is going to take a couple of seasons to get right. You keep talking about this hurry up offense the Raiders are going to put in. That is great and all but if the offense isn't clicking it is the worst offense in the NFL to run because you waste so little clock. This was a problem even for the Broncos with the best hurry up QB in history in the offense hung the defense out to dry on Many occasions. Throw in new coaching staff and a very young QB with what will be an inexperienced RB and WR group. Hurry up is something that takes years to work not one training camp. The Broncos couldn't run it year one with Peyton so just be ready for dome interesting times[/QU
Haha ok. History and logic are not on your side but hey anything is possible. Raiders last year were the worst run blocking unit in the entire league. Coaching can help obviously but that is one bad unit that is going to take a couple of seasons to get right. You keep talking about this hurry up offense the Raiders are going to put in. That is great and all but if the offense isn't clicking it is the worst offense in the NFL to run because you waste so little clock. This was a problem even for the Broncos with the best hurry up QB in history in the offense hung the defense out to dry on Many occasions. Throw in new coaching staff and a very young QB with what will be an inexperienced RB and WR group. Hurry up is something that takes years to work not one training camp. The Broncos couldn't run it year one with Peyton so just be ready for dome interesting times
None of that matters cd.. History is always there to be remade.. So according to you teams just don't get better right?? Good coaching staff, Carr entering his 2nd year, good FA pick ups, good draft to be made, but none of that matters right?? Nope history says no.. So with that logic, you will get bounced out in the first round of the playoffs again.. Washed up QB trying to reach for Glory is just not going to happen for PM dude.. See how it is dude.. But im sure you think SB right?? Not going to happen.. Or maybe we should wait to see if our teams can change history this year..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that matters cd.. History is always there to be remade.. So according to you teams just don't get better right?? Good coaching staff, Carr entering his 2nd year, good FA pick ups, good draft to be made, but none of that matters right?? Nope history says no.. So with that logic, you will get bounced out in the first round of the playoffs again.. Washed up QB trying to reach for Glory is just not going to happen for PM dude.. See how it is dude.. But im sure you think SB right?? Not going to happen.. Or maybe we should wait to see if our teams can change history this year..
Oh and history says we have 3 SBs.. So that means we can WIN yet again.. History proves that..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In truth i don't even see Denver making the playoffs.. New coaching staff that everybody needs to get use to, PM super old, loss alot of FAs etc.. Sorry but just the way i see it..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Idaho I never said that you guys can't get better. I said that expecting this huge turn around in one off season is no easy task especially with what your team is wanting to do on both sides of the ball. Now all those things you point to I can make just as big of a counter point...new coaching staff is unproven, Carr could hit a Sophomore slump like so many 2nd year players do, many keep saying Raiders had the worst off season in football especially considering the money they had, and the draft is a crap shoot at best do can't depend on them to thrive. See you see the good which I understand as I am an optimist for my team as well but at this point who knows which way the Raiders are going to go.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In truth i don't even see Denver making the playoffs.. New coaching staff that everybody needs to get use to, PM super old, loss alot of FAs etc.. Sorry but just the way i see it..
Carr will be the best QB in THE AFC West in due time..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, and everybody said the Bucs and Saints had the best offseason last year.. So what happen there??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, and everybody said the Bucs and Saints had the best offseason last year.. So what happen there??
Right which is why spending money doesn't always mean success. The players you guys brought in were some of the worst rated for their respective positions this past year and were paid as though they are quality starters. That is why so many are down on the Raiders for what they have done with their money. We shall see what happens though as sometimes a new system and new surroundings can help a career. Based off last season though Dan Williams is about the only one to actually have a positive grade for what he did on the field.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right which is why spending money doesn't always mean success. The players you guys brought in were some of the worst rated for their respective positions this past year and were paid as though they are quality starters. That is why so many are down on the Raiders for what they have done with their money. We shall see what happens though as sometimes a new system and new surroundings can help a career. Based off last season though Dan Williams is about the only one to actually have a positive grade for what he did on the field.
Which ones were the ones rated bad?? Williams was the 8th rated run stopper, Allen was in the green this last year, Lofton had 144 T last year on a bad Saint team, Helu had 5.0 YPC, Hudson is 3 rated Center.. And like Reggie said, we are going to put these guys in the right system.. Again cd, everybody said everybody said the Bucs and Saints etc won FA last year, what happened??

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its how you use the players cd that counts.. Ratings don't mean nothing, if there not coached right.. Again you have to see why players have bad years as well.. Does Brees suck?? Cuz it sure looked like he did.. You are only as good as the man next you.. Always remember that..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which ones were the ones rated bad?? Williams was the 8th rated run stopper, Allen was in the green this last year, Lofton had 144 T last year on a bad Saint team, Helu had 5.0 YPC, Hudson is 3 rated Center.. And like Reggie said, we are going to put these guys in the right system.. Again cd, everybody said everybody said the Bucs and Saints etc won FA last year, what happened??

Well Curtis Lofton finished 57th at the MLB position out of 60 qualified ILB's in the NFL. He had that many tackles but tackles don't mean much if they are 5-10 yards down the field. ILB's are supposed to be making plays at the LOS not after a player already has a 1st down. He actually graded out as the 3rd worst run stuffing ILB in the entire NFL. That means again like I said he might get a ton of tackles but they are not actual game changing tackles. They are the chasing a player down the field kind of tackles.

Again Dan Williams was a good pick up. The issue with him is he offers 0 in the pass rush and plays less than 40% of the snaps. So in reality he isn't even a starter. And you can say that Lofton got such a terrible grade because of the players around him but you could then make the same argument against Dan Williams with the Cardinals having one of the best defenses in the NFL this past season and him being surrounded by highly ranked players.

Richardson graded as the 29th best RB in the NFL this past season and most of that was because of him having a good grade as a pass blocker. Not really the top quality you are looking for in a RB. Although at this point if we go by PFF the depth chart for the Raiders for RB's would go Roy Helu, Trent Richardson, Latavius Murray in that order. Murray had the worst grade of the 3.

James Dockery averaged a -1 grade per game in the 5 games he played this past season. You average that out for the season and he finishes as the 5th worst corner in the entire league.

Nate Allen did have a positive grade but he finished as the 29th best Safety in the league. He also just signed a deal worth close to $6 million a year where the Broncos signed the guy who finished right behind him on PFF to a 2-year deal worth $4 million total. So you are paying triple the price for a guy of equal ability.

Hudson was a good signing I will give you that one. I'm still wondering though is he really going to be worth more than what Wisniewski is going to get? We shall see what he signs for soon enough.

All in all I would say you got two quality starters in Dan Williams and Rodney Hudson. You got one serviceable starter in Nate Allen, and the rest you better hope don't see the field. Now FA isn't over and there are still some quality starters possibly to be found but at this point considering the money the Raiders had and the number of holes to fill I just don't see that as a quality FA period so far.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also about the players sucking...Nate Allen, Trent Richardson, Rodney Hudson, James Dockery, and Dan Williams all came from winning organizations or ones that made the playoffs. So while yes situation matters you also have to look at the player and just see how much did they hurt or help their organization. Go ask Philly fans about Nate Allen and they will tell you how happy they are that he is gone. Go ask Indy fans how happy they are that he is gone. I know Chief fans are not happy about Hudson but again gettinga quality guy to fill in for another what I would consider quality guy in Wiz is not a huge step in my opinion.

Now about Lofton I would agree one bad year should not be of too much concern. The fact that since 2008 when he came into the league though he has had negative grades almost every season should be of concern.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care what other fans think about the players that left their teams.. Raider fans are the same way.. They were HAPPY Wiz2, DMAC, etc left.. According to 95% of those fans they sucked!! And it looks like the Raider GM and coaching staff agreed with them, cuz they are no longer here.. While fans of those teams will be happy with them, Raider fan will mock them for having them.. Its a 2 way street bro that's how it works..
Now i don't think you guys will be that good either.. You lost to many FAs, PM Washed UP.. New retread coaching staff, with a few new players.. Its over for you guys dude.. And its just starting in Oakland bro.. The truth is the truth.. Im not trying to be a jerk, just saying how i and MOST Raider fans see it..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care what other fans think about the players that left their teams.. Raider fans are the same way.. They were HAPPY Wiz2, DMAC, etc left.. According to 95% of those fans they sucked!! And it looks like the Raider GM and coaching staff agreed with them, cuz they are no longer here.. While fans of those teams will be happy with them, Raider fan will mock them for having them.. Its a 2 way street bro that's how it works..
Now i don't think you guys will be that good either.. You lost to many FAs, PM Washed UP.. New retread coaching staff, with a few new players.. Its over for you guys dude.. And its just starting in Oakland bro.. The truth is the truth.. Im not trying to be a jerk, just saying how i and MOST Raider fans see it..

You really like that word truth but not sure you are using it correctly. I think a better way would be to say "sorry but that is my opinion." Truth actually means that something is a fact and at this point none of us know what the facts for this next season will be. Maybe the players you guys signed and will draft do rise to the occasion and Oakland sees a huge turn around. Maybe the Broncos do fall off some this year and miss the playoffs. Those two things could happen. Or we could see Oakland continue to stay a bottom 10 team in the league and the Broncos for a 5th time in a row win the AFC West. Hard telling right now.

You are right I don't know what Manning is going to be able to do. He could play like he did before he got hurt and be one of the two best quarterbacks in the league or he could play like the last 6-7 games of the year where he was more about the 15th best quarterback in the league. You are right switching coaches could be a really bad thing for us but the same could be said for you guys. The FA's we lost could be painful as well...On this though I do usually trust that Elway knows what he is doing. Here are the key FA's the Broncos have lost over the last few years...

Zane Beadles (Pro Bowl LG)--Went on to the Jaguars signing for a huge deal paying him top-5 money for the position. Broncos replace him with Orlando Franklin who goes out and has a top-5 season for the position.

Eric Decker (A 1,300 yard 11 touchdown receiver)--Signs a huge deal with the Jets to then have the Broncos replace him with Emmanuel Sanders. Sanders goes on to have a 1,400 yard 10 touchdown season for half the price of Decker.

Knowshon Moreno (finished top-5 in fantasy point for a RB)--Signs a good size contract with Miami to be replaced by CJ Anderson who then gets voted to the Pro Bowl after only starting 8 games for the team and having the 2nd most yards over the 2nd half of the season of any player not named BeastMode

Dumervil (one of the all-time sack guys for the Broncos)--Signs a big contract with Baltimore and goes on to have 9.5 sacks his first year. Broncos sign Shaun Phillips at an 1/8th of the cost and he goes on to have 10 sacks on the season.

These are all the big names before this past season that left via FA that everybody in the media kept saying the Broncos cannot replace their production. Every one of them was replaced by somebody who did it even better.

At this point still don't know what all the Broncos have done as FA and Draft are not over yet. Just looking at the players that have left and who is coming back we shall see.

Anyway this is the Raiders forum so I will back out as I realize I am talking quite a bit about the Broncos. No reason to hijack the thread.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really like that word truth but not sure you are using it correctly. I think a better way would be to say "sorry but that is my opinion." Truth actually means that something is a fact and at this point none of us know what the facts for this next season will be. Maybe the players you guys signed and will draft do rise to the occasion and Oakland sees a huge turn around. Maybe the Broncos do fall off some this year and miss the playoffs. Those two things could happen. Or we could see Oakland continue to stay a bottom 10 team in the league and the Broncos for a 5th time in a row win the AFC West. Hard telling right now.

You are right I don't know what Manning is going to be able to do. He could play like he did before he got hurt and be one of the two best quarterbacks in the league or he could play like the last 6-7 games of the year where he was more about the 15th best quarterback in the league. You are right switching coaches could be a really bad thing for us but the same could be said for you guys. The FA's we lost could be painful as well...On this though I do usually trust that Elway knows what he is doing. Here are the key FA's the Broncos have lost over the last few years...

Zane Beadles (Pro Bowl LG)--Went on to the Jaguars signing for a huge deal paying him top-5 money for the position. Broncos replace him with Orlando Franklin who goes out and has a top-5 season for the position.

Eric Decker (A 1,300 yard 11 touchdown receiver)--Signs a huge deal with the Jets to then have the Broncos replace him with Emmanuel Sanders. Sanders goes on to have a 1,400 yard 10 touchdown season for half the price of Decker.

Knowshon Moreno (finished top-5 in fantasy point for a RB)--Signs a good size contract with Miami to be replaced by CJ Anderson who then gets voted to the Pro Bowl after only starting 8 games for the team and having the 2nd most yards over the 2nd half of the season of any player not named BeastMode

Dumervil (one of the all-time sack guys for the Broncos)--Signs a big contract with Baltimore and goes on to have 9.5 sacks his first year. Broncos sign Shaun Phillips at an 1/8th of the cost and he goes on to have 10 sacks on the season.

These are all the big names before this past season that left via FA that everybody in the media kept saying the Broncos cannot replace their production. Every one of them was replaced by somebody who did it even better.

At this point still don't know what all the Broncos have done as FA and Draft are not over yet. Just looking at the players that have left and who is coming back we shall see.

Anyway this is the Raiders forum so I will back out as I realize I am talking quite a bit about the Broncos. No reason to hijack the thread.
That's right we just don't know.. If Denver was a stock, i would sell sell sell.. Sucker them for some big cash, the iron is still a little hot.. Anyways cd.. I would say you guys were one of the winners in FA last year right?? You guys got some big names and all.. And for ALL that cash, PM, and everybody talking SB what happened eh?? One thing i like what the Raiders did this year, is all these FAs we got are all young and will grow with our team, as well as drafting either Cooper or White to give Carr another weapon.. Do you think all this young talent with our coaching staff will help our team?? You know it will.. And don't trip about HiJacking this thread, it's OPEN to whatever you what to talk about.. The AFC West WILL come back to the Raiders cd.. History proves that..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right we just don't know.. If Denver was a stock, i would sell sell sell.. Sucker them for some big cash, the iron is still a little hot.. Anyways cd.. I would say you guys were one of the winners in FA last year right?? You guys got some big names and all.. And for ALL that cash, PM, and everybody talking SB what happened eh?? One thing i like what the Raiders did this year, is all these FAs we got are all young and will grow with our team, as well as drafting either Cooper or White to give Carr another weapon.. Do you think all this young talent with our coaching staff will help our team?? You know it will.. And don't trip about HiJacking this thread, it's OPEN to whatever you what to talk about.. The AFC West WILL come back to the Raiders cd.. History proves that..

Can't fault you for seeing the good in your team just like I expect good things for my team as well. It comes with us both being optimist. For me I look at the Broncos still having 9 pro bowlers on the team beyond just Peyton Manning as a sign the Broncos might continue their reign at the top. I look at the fact that Peyton has decided to spend his off season training with a renowned trainer known for increasing the career of some of the biggest names in sports at the end of their career like Derek Jeter and Serena Williams. I look at the fact that the Broncos have brought in a coaching staff that wants to bring back what got the Broncos their Super Bowl wins in running the football and playing aggressive defense. You are right we did spend big last off season and every one of those players made it to the pro bowl this last year. That means we really didn't need to spend this off season. The Broncos have now reached a point where they can work to sign their own players back and focus on the draft. Elway has said from the beginning that this is what he is working towards which really every team is. This is the first year since Elway has taken over that we get to see that plan really put into action. He has said the Broncos will lean on past drafts and this upcoming one to actually produce. That does mean there are a lot of unknowns though heading into the season so if those don't work out then yeah the Broncos could quickly tumble. If they do though then the Broncos are right in the thick of things for the Super Bowl. Have to remember beyond just Manning they do have a Pro Bowl RB and a defense that finished 3rd last year. So not like the team is completely reliant on Manning to win games for them.

As for the Raiders I see a lot of young potential. Mack obviously has already showed that he is a Super Star. Beyond him I see a lot of positive question marks. Carr showed promise but a lot of rookies have shown promise throughout the years. Does he have a Sophomore Slump or does he build on what he did last year? Can Murray stay healthy? Can the OL show improvement? Will the new pieces on defense meld quickly? What about the DB's on the team? Can they stay healthy and can they actually live up to the potential that they came into the league with? Both of our teams have a lot of question marks heading into the season but in reality all teams have question marks. That is the beauty of the Cap in any team can rise up in a single season.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't fault you for seeing the good in your team just like I expect good things for my team as well. It comes with us both being optimist. For me I look at the Broncos still having 9 pro bowlers on the team beyond just Peyton Manning as a sign the Broncos might continue their reign at the top. I look at the fact that Peyton has decided to spend his off season training with a renowned trainer known for increasing the career of some of the biggest names in sports at the end of their career like Derek Jeter and Serena Williams. I look at the fact that the Broncos have brought in a coaching staff that wants to bring back what got the Broncos their Super Bowl wins in running the football and playing aggressive defense. You are right we did spend big last off season and every one of those players made it to the pro bowl this last year. That means we really didn't need to spend this off season. The Broncos have now reached a point where they can work to sign their own players back and focus on the draft. Elway has said from the beginning that this is what he is working towards which really every team is. This is the first year since Elway has taken over that we get to see that plan really put into action. He has said the Broncos will lean on past drafts and this upcoming one to actually produce. That does mean there are a lot of unknowns though heading into the season so if those don't work out then yeah the Broncos could quickly tumble. If they do though then the Broncos are right in the thick of things for the Super Bowl. Have to remember beyond just Manning they do have a Pro Bowl RB and a defense that finished 3rd last year. So not like the team is completely reliant on Manning to win games for them.

As for the Raiders I see a lot of young potential. Mack obviously has already showed that he is a Super Star. Beyond him I see a lot of positive question marks. Carr showed promise but a lot of rookies have shown promise throughout the years. Does he have a Sophomore Slump or does he build on what he did last year? Can Murray stay healthy? Can the OL show improvement? Will the new pieces on defense meld quickly? What about the DB's on the team? Can they stay healthy and can they actually live up to the potential that they came into the league with? Both of our teams have a lot of question marks heading into the season but in reality all teams have question marks. That is the beauty of the Cap in any team can rise up in a single season.
What's the point in having 9 Pro Bowlers if it get's you bounced out in the first round it didn't help you one bit..
That means nothing if it get's you bounced out now does it?? And it don't mean nothing who PM is working with either, you just can't beat father time.. Not even the Best PEDs can help him.. And what you see in your new coaching staff is what i see in ours.. Our coaching staff is just good as yours.. And I see a young franchise QB in the making, and as long as you have that it will only be a matter of time before the team is REALLY good.. Could he have a Slump?? SURE he can.. Can PM come back and look horrid?? Sure he can.. So you see cd, i see your team like you see my team.. You can tell me this, and i can tell you that, but we just don't know.. All we can do is talk.. And im always game for that..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the point in having 9 Pro Bowlers if it get's you bounced out in the first round it didn't help you one bit..
That means nothing if it get's you bounced out now does it?? And it don't mean nothing who PM is working with either, you just can't beat father time.. Not even the Best PEDs can help him.. And what you see in your new coaching staff is what i see in ours.. Our coaching staff is just good as yours.. And I see a young franchise QB in the making, and as long as you have that it will only be a matter of time before the team is REALLY good.. Could he have a Slump?? SURE he can.. Can PM come back and look horrid?? Sure he can.. So you see cd, i see your team like you see my team.. You can tell me this, and i can tell you that, but we just don't know.. All we can do is talk.. And im always game for that..

You are right Father Time is undefeated. So eventually at some point PM will not be able to sling it and still keep a team competitive. What I am saying is I see promise in the fact that he is doing everything possible to make sure he can still play at a high level for the Broncos. I mean it was just a little over a year ago he completed the greatest season ever by a quarterback so I don't think it would take much for him to still play at a high level. Throw in most of his problem last year was a serious injury to his leg. Manning relies a lot on his legs to generate his power now so when those are gone his arm is gone. Get that healed up and I think we see Manning closer to how he played through the first 8 games (MVP candidate) than what we say in the final 8 (about middle of the pack quarterback). Again like you said we see things how we want to.

And those 9 Pro Bowlers while yes they didn't equal a Super Bowl it still shows this team has talent to compete beyond just Peyton Manning. Only one of the players that left was actually a Pro Bowler and he missed most of the year in Julius Thomas. So that means the others are very replaceable and I would say Julius does not fit the new scheme the Broncos will be running in Kubiak demands his TE's be good blockers which is why signing Virgil Green (he was sought after by 16 teams in the league compared to just 1 for Julius by the way) was way more important for the Broncos than that of Julius. Knighton might hurt a bit but he again doesn't fit the new defensive scheme as Phillips likes smaller quicker NT's than that of a 380 lb. guy in Knighton. Probably the hardest one to replace that we lost is that of Franklin. Again though he is more of a mauler where the ZBS calls for guys that are quick on their feet. The Broncos during their Super Bowl years had the smallest OL in football but they ran a scheme (which we will run now) that teams just couldn't stop the run game. It was geared towards making the RB the star not so much the quarterback. Which is why Arian Foster went from a nobody to all of a sudden house hold name. It is why the Broncos really won't depend on Manning to have to go out and play well to win games. They are going to pound the ball, get after the quarterback, and force some major turnovers. Might not win them a Super Bowl but the Broncos even if Manning is an average quarterback should be competitive.