• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trent Richardson to the Raiders

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little surprised since we have a promising RB in Latavius Murray and signed versatile veteran backup RB Roy Helu. However, he was signed for under 2 million per season and he will compete with Helu for the backup position and he provides some depth in case of an injury.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand adding depth at a key skill position, but let's get a #1 WR, Reggie!!!!

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And maybe Crabtree also.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand adding depth at a key skill position, but let's get a #1 WR, Reggie!!!!
That #1 should come in the draft.. But im with you, kick the tires on one of those guys still on the market..
Cooper/White.. Streater HEALTHY.. Jones.. Butler.. FA/Trade.. And a few other guys..

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That #1 should come in the draft.. But im with you, kick the tires on one of those guys still on the market..
Cooper/White.. Streater HEALTHY.. Jones.. Butler.. FA/Trade.. And a few other guys..

I like Holmes more than Butler. He strikes me as another Denarius Moore, always battling injuries.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya i like Holmes as well.. Tall leaper, that can fight for jump balls.. Let's see if the Raiders like as much as we do..
Another guy i would like to bring back is CJ Wilson!! No he is not some monster, but the dude can get the job done and that's all that counts.. Let's see how it plays out as we keep adding players..

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stat of the day.

Peyton Manning's longest run: 33 yards.

Trent Richardson:

32 yards.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders will lead the AFC West in Rushing!! Murray, TRich, Helu, Reece!! Yup..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders will lead the AFC West in Rushing!! Murray, TRich, Helu, Reece!! Yup..

That would be a pretty giant leap if that happens. Kansas City was in the top-10 and Denver in the top-15 while Oakland was dead last in the league in yards rushing the football. Throw in Musgrave comes from a system that while the run is important it is 2nd to that of passing. For that to happen then Oakland would have to have one of the highest yards per carry in the NFL and well they are bottom 10 in the league and at this point haven't done much other than sign Hudson to bolster the OL. While that is a nice pick up there are still 4 other positions with only one of those even having a positive grade run blocking and Hudson's position was the other on the OL to get one so not sure Hudson coming in changes much in that regard.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a pretty giant leap if that happens. Kansas City was in the top-10 and Denver in the top-15 while Oakland was dead last in the league in yards rushing the football. Throw in Musgrave comes from a system that while the run is important it is 2nd to that of passing. For that to happen then Oakland would have to have one of the highest yards per carry in the NFL and well they are bottom 10 in the league and at this point haven't done much other than sign Hudson to bolster the OL. While that is a nice pick up there are still 4 other positions with only one of those even having a positive grade run blocking and Hudson's position was the other on the OL to get one so not sure Hudson coming in changes much in that regard.

We were 12th in rushing yardage in 2013. Last year was a bit of an aberration, we had new OL and a couple of banged up/washed up RB's in MJD and McFadden.

Murray showed he has the ability to be a good RB, Helu is a solid backup and Richardson will most likely be the goal-line RB imo (he had 11 TD's in his rookie season, leads me to believe that's how JDR will use him).

The one thing Oakland can usually do is run the ball and I think JDR is going to make that the staple of our offense.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helu and Reece are good receiving options out of the backfield. On 3rd down, Carr will have options if the WR's and TE are covered.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think im wrong eh?? Nah dude, I just see that happening.. It makes sense to me..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think im wrong eh?? Nah dude, I just see that happening.. It makes sense to me..
Oh i
We were 12th in rushing yardage in 2013. Last year was a bit of an aberration, we had new OL and a couple of banged up/washed up RB's in MJD and McFadden.

Murray showed he has the ability to be a good RB, Helu is a solid backup and Richardson will most likely be the goal-line RB imo (he had 11 TD's in his rookie season, leads me to believe that's how JDR will use him).

The one thing Oakland can usually do is run the ball and I think JDR is going to make that the staple of our offense.
DJ, laying down the logic.. I agree 100%..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i

DJ, laying down the logic.. I agree 100%..

Not sure I would call that logic as he said they brought in a completely new OL in 2014 and 4 of those same 5 pieces at least at the moment are still in place. While yes MJD and McFadden were not world beaters I wouldn't say Helu or Richardson have shown much more than either of those two and Murray is very much an unknown. He had a couple of good games but there are a lot of players who have had good games that amounted to anything. Heck the Broncos had a guy last year that had 2 100 yard games and we all started getting really excited that maybe he had finally turned into who we had hoped to then have him fall off the face of the earth.
Throw in the whole team now having to learn a whole new scheme with a whole new coaching staff means that it will take time for everybody to get on the same page. Usually first year under a new coaching staff and new schemes means there will be a lot of errors and a lot of growing pains. So then to predict being 1st in the AFC West is just a pretty big idea at this point. Throw in even in that year finishing 13th that still wouldn't be first in the AFC. Throw in that year with a better OL and better RB core than this past year they averaged almost a whole yard more per carry. Hard for a team to bounce back and add a whole yard per carry in just one season.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I would call that logic as he said they brought in a completely new OL in 2014 and 4 of those same 5 pieces at least at the moment are still in place. While yes MJD and McFadden were not world beaters I wouldn't say Helu or Richardson have shown much more than either of those two and Murray is very much an unknown. He had a couple of good games but there are a lot of players who have had good games that amounted to anything. Heck the Broncos had a guy last year that had 2 100 yard games and we all started getting really excited that maybe he had finally turned into who we had hoped to then have him fall off the face of the earth.
Throw in the whole team now having to learn a whole new scheme with a whole new coaching staff means that it will take time for everybody to get on the same page. Usually first year under a new coaching staff and new schemes means there will be a lot of errors and a lot of growing pains. So then to predict being 1st in the AFC West is just a pretty big idea at this point. Throw in even in that year finishing 13th that still wouldn't be first in the AFC. Throw in that year with a better OL and better RB core than this past year they averaged almost a whole yard more per carry. Hard for a team to bounce back and add a whole yard per carry in just one season.
cd you trippin dude.. The Raiders WILL lead the AFC West in rushing.. Man i don't want to be the one to break that to you, but i just had to..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn.. Jackson.. Hudson.. Watson\KB\FA\Draft Pick.. Howard.. With Mike Tice coaching them up!! The Raider RUN game is going to be good.. We are going to RUN the ball right at YOU!! Then Attack with CARR!! Teams better HOPE we don't get Amari Cooper or Kevin White!! I prefer Coop, but you can't go wrong with the man known as Kevin White either.. Cooper will break your freakin ankles.. While White will stomp you..

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: