• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Traveling to Kauffman Stadium to play the Royals

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shut the fuck up Sherrington. No they do not need to acquire an ace. They need to play the season out without giving up anything significant for a win now proposition.

they are looking at next year if they were to make such a move especially with questions right now on when Holland and Perez will be available this season and if Harrison will ever pitch in the majors again. Colby, Wandy & Yovani are here for this season and then they are gone

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
they are looking at next year if they were to make such a move especially with questions right now on when Holland and Perez will be available this season and if Harrison will ever pitch in the majors again. Colby, Wandy & Yovani are here for this season and then they are gone

Scotty-- 'they' (Sherrington and his dog?) are talking about this year ... not next year:

If the Rangers are around first place at the deadline, it’ll be no time to play it safe and talk about next year.

Next year is for the Mariners.
Next year Hamels will be 32 years old. Don't you think that is very high risk especially for a National League pitcher?

Last edited:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard that line about Colby being gone the last 4 years. Just wait that one out.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ariel Jurado is now 8-0 after throwing 5 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 6 SO's.
His ERA is now down to 2.09. It seems he's done everything he can do at Class A. They should see what he's got at the next level, whether it's HD or Frisco.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. TEX will keep signing Colby to one year deals for as long as he wants.

Pretty much. Colby has a knack for finding himself in the rotation and producing quality starts.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. TEX will keep signing Colby to one year deals for as long as he wants.
I think this may be Colby's last year here as a starter. Unless they have a string of bad injuries to pitchers I think they will feel fine about going into next year with Derek, Martin, Chi Chi, Martinez, and Harrison with Thompson and Yu only being a few weeks away from being ready.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this may be Colby's last year here as a starter. Unless they have a string of bad injuries to pitchers I think they will feel fine about going into next year with Derek, Martin, Chi Chi, Martinez, and Harrison with Thompson and Yu only being a few weeks away from being ready.

Wanna put a steak on it?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Bennie -- am sure you noticed how many SPs TEX has lost to the DL the past two years. Colby costs $4mil ... maybe $5mil next year. He comes to camp and then make someone take his job away from him. Even then ... there are might be other opportunities for an unflappable, experienced SP with pinpoint control.