• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Traveling to Kauffman Stadium to play the Royals

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be one tough series with two day games. One being Nationally televised, I think (Saturday).

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been missing some of the games, hope the winning continues with the tough injuries they've had recently

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though yesterday's game was won ugly - anytime a pitching staff goes for 11 innings with no earned runs - I'll take it.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though yesterday's game was won ugly - anytime a pitching staff goes for 11 innings with no earned runs - I'll take it.

The BP has really settled down. And Gallardo has been a little wild at times but has been keeping us in games. He did a good job when the going got tough last night.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought this was messed up. Mendez comes in and in less than an inning gives up 4 hits and 3 runs and Claudio comes in and gives up just 1 hit but allows the last of the 3 runs to score. The guy who is credited with giving up all those runs gets a hold while the pitcher who came in and actually did well gets a blown save. I have always felt the guy credited with those runs should be the guy who gets the blown save. Or at the very least Mendez is not credited with a hold.

Roman Mendez (H, 2) 0.1 4 3 3 0 0 0 4.00
Alex Claudio (BS, 1)(W, 2-0 1.2 1 0 0 1 1 0 1.42)

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This place is where flyballs go to die. I know a lot of it is because the Royals suck at hitting homers, but damn Kauffman plays big.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This place is where flyballs go to die. I know a lot of it is because the Royals suck at hitting homers, but damn Kauffman plays big.

Chi Chi will need to have better control tonight. 5 walks will do him in against this team.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going for our 6th straight series win.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent point

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamey Newberg shared his version of "what if" this morning and here it is.

I was thinking last night as Alberto (who did commit his first error in the game) contributed to a win, which he’s now done several times in his first week as a big leaguer: What if he’s what Leury Garcia was supposed to be, a plus defender who can fill in all over the infield and do some things at the plate to help his team win, at a league minimum salary?

What if DeShields is what Ramon Nivar was supposed to be?

What if Chi Chi Gonzalez, Jake Thompson, and Nick Martinez give this club what “DVD” were supposed to, without all the advance hype?

What if Choo — even if he’s not the .370/.500/.554 beast he was through his first 120 trips to the plate as a Ranger last year — is the player he’s been since the start of May this year (.308/.380/.549)?

What if Nomar Mazara is Ruben Sierra and Nick Williams is what Ruben Mateo was going to be and Joey Gallo is exactly what we think he is?

Hey there, Luis Ortiz and Ryan Cordell and Brett Martin and you, too, Yohander Mendez.

What if Shawn Tolleson is John Wetteland and Tanner Scheppers is Mike Adams and Keone Kela and Luke Jackson and Jon Edwards help make the back third death on offense, Royals-style?

I don’t know what Leonys Martin is. The flashes are awesome. But they’re still flashes.

Nobody will ever be Pudge Rodriguez again, but what if Jorge Alfaro continues to evoke memories even after he gets to Arlington, and turns out to be far more than Cesar King was ever supposed to be?

And what if Elvis Andrus is Elvis Andrus and Rougned Odor eventually does the things Michael Young used to do and Ryan Rua is early-days Ben Zobrist and Spencer Patton is Jason Frasor and Tomas Telis is what Max Ramirez was supposed to be?

What if this version of Prince Fielder, DH, lives forever?

What if Alec Asher is Colby Lewis, and while it’s sad enough that I didn’t think to wonder this half a dozen paragraphs up, what if Jurickson Profar is a switch-hitting Julio Franco?

What if Monday’s draft pick, fourth overall, is making All-Star Teams in five years?

Most of this will never happen, but not a whole lot of it can be summarily ruled out, and what if some of those things materialize as Yu Darvish and Derek Holland and Martin Perez and Matt Harrison come back, revitalized and good as new?

And what if Jeff Banister is Jim Leyland, or Clint Hurdle?

It’s probably fair to say I’m jumping the gun a bit and sprinting haphazardly toward a tank of Kool-Aid, and maybe pointing out the Wild Card standings on June 5 is even a bit goofy.

But the way this team has turned things around, not so much in the standings as in the style of baseball and the different ways it can beat you, I’m not unwilling to get ahead of things, maybe way ahead of things, and part of that is seeing how the ballplayers on the back of this roster, scouted and developed by this organization into pieces that could contribute up and down a roster, are doing exactly that.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamey Newberg shared his version of "what if" this morning and here it is.

I was thinking last night as Alberto (who did commit his first error in the game) contributed to a win, which he’s now done several times in his first week as a big leaguer: What if he’s what Leury Garcia was supposed to be, a plus defender who can fill in all over the infield and do some things at the plate to help his team win, at a league minimum salary?

What if DeShields is what Ramon Nivar was supposed to be?

What if Chi Chi Gonzalez, Jake Thompson, and Nick Martinez give this club what “DVD” were supposed to, without all the advance hype?

What if Choo — even if he’s not the .370/.500/.554 beast he was through his first 120 trips to the plate as a Ranger last year — is the player he’s been since the start of May this year (.308/.380/.549)?

What if Nomar Mazara is Ruben Sierra and Nick Williams is what Ruben Mateo was going to be and Joey Gallo is exactly what we think he is?

Hey there, Luis Ortiz and Ryan Cordell and Brett Martin and you, too, Yohander Mendez.

What if Shawn Tolleson is John Wetteland and Tanner Scheppers is Mike Adams and Keone Kela and Luke Jackson and Jon Edwards help make the back third death on offense, Royals-style?

I don’t know what Leonys Martin is. The flashes are awesome. But they’re still flashes.

Nobody will ever be Pudge Rodriguez again, but what if Jorge Alfaro continues to evoke memories even after he gets to Arlington, and turns out to be far more than Cesar King was ever supposed to be?

And what if Elvis Andrus is Elvis Andrus and Rougned Odor eventually does the things Michael Young used to do and Ryan Rua is early-days Ben Zobrist and Spencer Patton is Jason Frasor and Tomas Telis is what Max Ramirez was supposed to be?

What if this version of Prince Fielder, DH, lives forever?

What if Alec Asher is Colby Lewis, and while it’s sad enough that I didn’t think to wonder this half a dozen paragraphs up, what if Jurickson Profar is a switch-hitting Julio Franco?

What if Monday’s draft pick, fourth overall, is making All-Star Teams in five years?

Most of this will never happen, but not a whole lot of it can be summarily ruled out, and what if some of those things materialize as Yu Darvish and Derek Holland and Martin Perez and Matt Harrison come back, revitalized and good as new?

And what if Jeff Banister is Jim Leyland, or Clint Hurdle?

It’s probably fair to say I’m jumping the gun a bit and sprinting haphazardly toward a tank of Kool-Aid, and maybe pointing out the Wild Card standings on June 5 is even a bit goofy.
And frogs had wings. ( messing with you )

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And frogs had wings. ( messing with you )
Haha. Messing with Jamey actually. I would have never been able to come up with half of the things he listed.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard the Rangers are 4-20 when the other team scores first. That's amazing.