• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Traveling to Kauffman Stadium to play the Royals

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennie -- am sure you noticed how many SPs TEX has lost to the DL the past two years. Colby costs $4mil ... maybe $5mil next year. He comes to camp and then make someone take his job away from him. Even then ... there are might be other opportunities for an unflappable, experienced SP with pinpoint control.
That's true. On the other hand we are due for some health don't you think?

At some point Colby will not be back as a starter with us and I just think with all of the pitchers we have coming back and the young ones who are ready or very close that next year might be when Colby doesn't break camp in the rotation.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's true. On the other hand we are due for some health don't you think?

At some point Colby will not be back as a starter with us and I just think with all of the pitchers we have coming back and the young ones who are ready or very close that next year might be when Colby doesn't break camp in the rotation.

Near as i can remember ... Colby's not been given a free pass out of camp to this point. That day will come but my gut feeling is that it will be Colby who makes the call when he says he's done. If he's throwing 88-89 cutter hitting the lower corners in his sleep. He's got a roster spot for life.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All posts concerning the draft have been moved to Winding's thread.... I think.