• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: tRangers travel to LaLa land. Hopefully bullpen doesn't suck: 4/7-4/10

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say I like that Banister has flipped Fielder and Beltre. I always felt like we've wasted Fielder's value as a cleanup hitter protecting the third place hitter. Anywhere Fielder has ever consistently hit cleanup the guy in front of hi has raked.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're panicking about playing time and we're less than 4 games into the season. There's no trend involved yet.

We've got 4 games on the west coast, and if they'd sent him down, and then "for whatever reason" they need him, he's a thousand miles away.

We're going to use the guy over the next 4 days. At least I feel confident in feeling this.
It isn't panic, it is surprise and a lack of understanding. I didn't mean go short on the roster until they need him. They would of course filled all 25 spots. It wouldn't have left them short for him to start at Round Rock no more than it did for Gallo to start at Round Rock.

A week ago a few on here were expecting him to play in over half of the games and I wondered then where all of those starts were going to come from. If he doesn't play against every lefty then he is not going to start enough to do them any good when he does start. If someone gets hurt in a few weeks and he is called upon to start several times in a week don't be surprised if he throws up a 3-20 or some such. Guys at his experience level very rarely have any success at all by playing so sparingly. He is simply a bad choice for a reserve player who plays one third of the games or less. Doing so he might hit .225 if that much.

Last edited:

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Rua was starting tonight but we are not ruining him. Maybe delaying progress. Just want him to get his best shot and I think he has legit MLB power. Who does he get his start against? Weaver?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Rua was starting tonight but we are not ruining him. Maybe delaying progress. Just want him to get his best shot and I think he has legit MLB power. Who does he get his start against? Weaver?

I do t know if people realize he's not exactly a youngster. He's 26 years old. It's time to see if he can be an MLB ball player.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is messing up his spot on the roster most of all. Everyone thought when he won that spot that he would start a lot more than every day game that follows a night game against a lefty. I think they picked the wrong guy for that spot if they are going to play him sparingly. That is what guys like Rosales is for. They have the experience to play sparingly and not be terrible when called upon. Ryan doesn't at this point.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't panic, it is surprise and a lack of understanding. I didn't mean go short on the roster until they need him. They would of course filled all 25 spots. It wouldn't have left them short for him to start at Round Rock no more than it did for Gallo to start at Round Rock.

A week ago a few on here were expecting him to play in over half of the games and I wondered then where all of those starts were going to come from. If he doesn't play against every lefty then he is not going to start enough to do them any good when he does start. If someone gets hurt in a few weeks and he is called upon to start several times in a week don't be surprised if he throws up a 3-20 or some such. Guys at his experience level very rarely have any success at all by playing so sparingly. He is simply a bad choice for a reserve player who plays one third of the games or less. Doing so he might hit .225 if that much.

It's one game... And I never thought he would start against every lefty, Mitch is going to get most of the swings out of the gate

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do t know if people realize he's not exactly a youngster. He's 26 years old. It's time to see if he can be an MLB ball player.
I think of his experience playing MLB more than his age.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is messing up his spot on the roster most of all. Everyone thought when he won that spot that he would start a lot more than every day game that follows a night game against a lefty. I think they picked the wrong guy for that spot if they are going to play him sparingly. That is what guys like Rosales is for. They have the experience to play sparingly and not be terrible when called upon. Ryan doesn't at this point.

Once again, its one game as of right now, there is no trend yet, come back to it at the end of the series

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one game... And I never thought he would start against every lefty, Mitch is going to get most of the swings out of the gate
That is fine if they want to do that with Mitch. I thought they would do that to begin with and Ryan would be at AAA. That would have been fine with me.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
t wouldn't have left them short for him to start at Round Rock no more than it did for Gallo to start at Round Rock.

A week ago a few on here were expecting him to play in over half of the games and I wondered then where all of those starts were going to come from.

If we sent/send him down right now, who comes up?

A week from now he may have played in 4 of 7, or 6 of 10, and I' sticking with, it's four games in and I'm not one for projecting this too far forward. I'd like to see the first 14 games, and then me/you/us will all have a better idea of how all this shakes out.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Lopez had a very good start tonight for Frisco. He struggled there after coming up during the season last year after pitching very well in High Desert. He went 6 innings with 7 strikeouts, 3 hits and 1 walk and he didn't allow any runs.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A week ago a few on here were expecting him to play in over half of the games and I wondered then where all of those starts were going to come from.

If we sent/send him down right now, who comes up?

A week from now he may have played in 4 of 7, or 6 of 10, and I' sticking with, it's four games in and I'm not one for projecting this too far forward. I'd like to see the first 14 games, and then me/you/us will all have a better idea of how all this shakes out.
It is too late for figuring that out now. They should have found a veteran to backup 1B much earlier if this was the only alternative. Like I said earlier, Rosales would have been a better choice. I just think guys with Ryan's level of big league experience make terrible reserve players.

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good game from Andy Ibanez and Brett Martin at Hickory tonight.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish this game was locally televised

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-0 Stars maybe I can watch the baseball game after the 2nd period, w no worries! Go Blackhawks, would be nice to clinch tonight!

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brinson with a couple of hits tonight and a stolen base. Ryan Cordell gets a double and a walk and goes 1 for 3.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brinson with a couple of hits tonight and a stolen base. Ryan Cordell gets a double and a walk and goes 1 for 3.

Man, I really think Brinson and Mazara are going to be special.