• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Coming

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrell Davis asked yesterday after practice to Kubiak if Paxton Lynch stood a chance of winning the starting gig...Kubiak responded with "Did you watch practice today?!"

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrell Davis asked yesterday after practice to Kubiak if Paxton Lynch stood a chance of winning the starting gig...Kubiak responded with "Did you watch practice today?!"
That could mean two things. :)

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But most likely given the reports and what Kubiak said about Lynch's practice yesterday, it is a good thing.

Kubiak seems to be slobbering over the prospect of what Paxton Lynch could become. The QB Whisperer aint whispering about it either. He's giddy.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could mean two things. :)

True but after 2 straight days of Lynch wowing fans/media/coaches/players I would say he is leaning towards the idea that they really like what they are seeing.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they really take the time to develop Lynch. I don't want to see him rushed into a situation that could stunt him long term just because Kubiak likes what he might become.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they really take the time to develop Lynch. I don't want to see him rushed into a situation that could stunt him long term just because Kubiak likes what he might become.

I agree. If he is the best in training camp though then I say play him. Heck the Steelers with Big Ben as a rookie went 15-1. They limited his opportunities and relied on the run game and defense to win them games. Sound familiar? Just keep his attempts to around 20-25 a game and I think Lynch could do just fine.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Selfishly, I'm ready for the Paxton Lynch era to start sooner than later. I see Sanchez and Siemian only as placeholders, so like many I grow impatient for the rough road of development to start now. Get through about 8-10 weeks with a winning record and then throw in the rookie. I know that most will disagree and that it's probably not the smartest play but like I said, I'm selfish! Just my stupid human nature coming to the surface, I guess.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. If he is the best in training camp though then I say play him. Heck the Steelers with Big Ben as a rookie went 15-1. They limited his opportunities and relied on the run game and defense to win them games. Sound familiar? Just keep his attempts to around 20-25 a game and I think Lynch could do just fine.
The path for Big Ben wasn't without its twists and turns. Like Lynch, he was #3 on the depth chart and then Charlie Batch who was #1 was injured. So Tommy Maddox started the first two games and was injured in the second half of the second game. So Ben ended up starting the 3rd game his rookie season - but I don't think that was the Steelers plan going into the year.

I go back and forth on this topic. I think in 2017 Lynch will be our starter, so do we want two consecutive years of breaking in a new QB with the team? So from that view, I wouldn't mind seeing Lynch start. On the other hand, do you want to see his first three starts vs Carolina, Indy, and at Cincy? That would be a lot of pressure.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Selfishly, I'm ready for the Paxton Lynch era to start sooner than later. I see Sanchez and Siemian only as placeholders, so like many I grow impatient for the rough road of development to start now. Get through about 8-10 weeks with a winning record and then throw in the rookie. I know that most will disagree and that it's probably not the smartest play but like I said, I'm selfish! Just my stupid human nature coming to the surface, I guess.

That type of history sounds all too familiar...Hmmm like just 10 years ago history. If we have a winning record then to me stick with what is working. IF say we are .500 or lower then yeah stick the rookie in and at least let him get some experience and see what happens.

I'm still holding out hope that he improves enough that he can be ready for the start of the season. The Broncos can limit his opportunities for mistakes and can tell him to just start with a 2 read system then either take off running if the opening is there or throw it away. They can get him on the move to buy him more time and help the OL out as well. He has a great deep ball so just keep pounding the football then let him throw it over the top as we have some incredible speed at the WR position. Let him build up some confidence and give him a little more as the season goes on.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The path for Big Ben wasn't without its twists and turns. Like Lynch, he was #3 on the depth chart and then Charlie Batch who was #1 was injured. So Tommy Maddox started the first two games and was injured in the second half of the second game. So Ben ended up starting the 3rd game his rookie season - but I don't think that was the Steelers plan going into the year.

I go back and forth on this topic. I think in 2017 Lynch will be our starter, so do we want two consecutive years of breaking in a new QB with the team? So from that view, I wouldn't mind seeing Lynch start. On the other hand, do you want to see his first three starts vs Carolina, Indy, and at Cincy? That would be a lot of pressure.

Good points. I'm like you in going back and forth on this. Just need to see him a little more in practice and preseason and if he shows well then I say give him a shot if Sanchez and Siemian have not separated themselves. Really for me I only play him if he is the clear best QB on our team by the time the season starts. I don't want to play him just because he is a 1st round pick and our future. Give him the time he needs but also don't be afraid if he really does take some great leaps over the next few weeks to just let him go out and see what he has.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That type of history sounds all too familiar...Hmmm like just 10 years ago history. If we have a winning record then to me stick with what is working. IF say we are .500 or lower then yeah stick the rookie in and at least let him get some experience and see what happens.

I'm still holding out hope that he improves enough that he can be ready for the start of the season. The Broncos can limit his opportunities for mistakes and can tell him to just start with a 2 read system then either take off running if the opening is there or throw it away. They can get him on the move to buy him more time and help the OL out as well. He has a great deep ball so just keep pounding the football then let him throw it over the top as we have some incredible speed at the WR position. Let him build up some confidence and give him a little more as the season goes on.

As I said before, I know all this and agree with you (my logical football brain). Just spouting off a little from my emotional, impatient and petulant fan perspective!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before, I know all this and agree with you (my logical football brain). Just spouting off a little from my emotional, impatient and petulant fan perspective!

Oh I understand. When I hear things about how this kid is throwing some footballs that have everybody amazed it just makes me want to see that in games right away. I'm also wanting to have Elway proven all the more right for not overpaying for Osweiler. And finally probably more than that the idea that the Broncos actually have competent play from the QB position considering everybody outside of Denver and even many in Denver think our QB position will be a joke this year.

That last sentence though is also why I am rooting for Sanchez. He has been nothing but a hard worker and great person in the Denver community since he arrived and would love to see him turn his career around here and really shut up some of his critics.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I understand. When I hear things about how this kid is throwing some footballs that have everybody amazed it just makes me want to see that in games right away. I'm also wanting to have Elway proven all the more right for not overpaying for Osweiler. And finally probably more than that the idea that the Broncos actually have competent play from the QB position considering everybody outside of Denver and even many in Denver think our QB position will be a joke this year.

That last sentence though is also why I am rooting for Sanchez. He has been nothing but a hard worker and great person in the Denver community since he arrived and would love to see him turn his career around here and really shut up some of his critics.

Yeah, I agree with you. Despite my man-crush on what Paxton "might" represent, it's hard to not admire what Sanchez has done since signing with the Broncos. His hard work and experience, combined with Kubiak's offense just might shock and surprise a lot of people. I've grown quite weary of the bleak narrative about the Broncos nationally but know that it's a function of being the defending champs, the departure of PFM and the boring off-season. Love what I'm hearing out of camp so far!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree with you. Despite my man-crush on what Paxton "might" represent, it's hard to not admire what Sanchez has done since signing with the Broncos. His hard work and experience, combined with Kubiak's offense just might shock and surprise a lot of people. I've grown quite weary of the bleak narrative about the Broncos nationally but know that it's a function of being the defending champs, the departure of PFM and the boring off-season. Love what I'm hearing out of camp so far!

It is crazy the National perspective on the Broncos. I did listen to a guy that played WR with Sanchez the other day and he said that Sanchez is a much better player than his numbers have shown and thinks he will thrive especially in a Kubiak style system since it is the closest thing to what he did in college. So just have to wait and see but definitely ready for this team to once again show that having a great team around a QB can be just as important as having the QB. The NFL has gotten way too QB focused. We saw with the Broncos when Manning had his historical season that just having a QB only gets you so far. Yeah it is fun to watch but to actually have a championship caliber team there has to be a lot more talent than that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll update as we go throughout the day but Lynch has been rewarded for his great play over the last coupl eof practices. He is now in with the 1's during 7-on-7 drills. Have to see how he handles the opportunity.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for Lynch it didn't go well. He went 0-3 with one of those being a drop. The other two were not close. Also sounds like he has been struggling with some inconsistency today with some bad overthrows.

Siemian and Sanchez haven't been much better. Siemian has had some really nice passes but again consistency has just not been there. Sanchez has been decent but has been late on a few throws to wide open WR's.

CJ Anderson is off to the side with a trainer after taking a hard hit. Nothing to get too worried about but always worry about injuries with Anderson. Good thing for the RB position is Hillman is back today from injury and Booker has looked really good hitting the cut back lane today.

Lots of guys sitting out today. Both starting OG's are out today so McGovern and Schofield have been working inside. McGovern has looked pretty good so far from what I have read.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense definitely ruled the day. Looks like Phillips being upset on Monday really paid off as they definitely stepped up in today's session.

It wasn't all bad though for the offense as all 3 in the final drive it down the field drill scored touchdowns. Paxton Lynch went 4-4 with 4 very nice passes all for 1st downs and finished it off with a nice touchdown to the TE. Siemian ended his with a nice short pass to Thompson for a touchdown. Sanchez did most of his work with a nice deep pass to Sunshine that was a diving catch. I've heard mixed reports if that catch was a touchdown or if it just got them at the goal line. Either way good to see the deep pass again a part of our offense.

The one player on offense though that stuck out all day was our rookie Booker. Did well of being patient and seeing where the hole was opening up and then exploding through it. Beyond that he did great in pass protection and catching the football out of the backfield. Has definitely already moved up to that #2 spot. Could be our biggest rookie addition for this upcoming season.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Buuuuut the point is he started and went 15-1 which is pretty impressive for a rookie QB, then again he went more like 12-1 but still. He proved you can win as a rookie with little experience. Rare, but with a good run game and defense and not turning the ball over.