• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Coming

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marlon Brown is listed at 6'5" 220 ... any chance he'll get a look at a spot more suited to TE ??

We are loaded at WR
7 TDs his rookie year. RZ target?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CEH - are you planning on going to camp this year? Let's try to connect.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A number of rumors linking Nick Foles to the Broncos. Kubiak squashes it this morning on local radio saying that the Broncos are not pursuing Foles and "we're going to go to work with the guys we've got".

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright notes from day 1...

QB's
Obviously position that most are interested in. Sounds like those watching were impressed with Sanchez the most. He had a very good connection with DT throughout the practice and was the best at using his eyes to move the defense. Also had some pretty good zip on his ball.

No real notes about Siemian from what I have read so far.

Lynch seems like everybody comments about just how physically gifted he is and just how incredible he is at throwing on the run but then they always seem to note he looks confused still of what to do on a scripted play. So if the mental part of the game catches up with the physical we have a real steal on our hand.

RB's
Definitely a real difference in Anderson coming into camp this year. Looks faster than any other time in camp and looks in great shape.
Bibbs has been great out of the backfield catching the football and has a real shot to surprise this year.
Hillman seems like he really does know he is a roster bubble player as he actually is working on special teams for the first time since I think his rookie year.
Janovich looks like he will quickly become a fan favorite. The dude is a wrecking ball and has impressed with his receiving skills making some pretty difficult catches today. This guy has me giddy about going old school on some teams this year!

WR's
DT looks like a whole new receiver and in a good way. Quite a few writers noted that he had easily the best first day of any player and just looks like a guy ready to bounce back and maybe have his best season. His hands especially looked very good as he spent more time this off season than any other working on catching the football.
Sanders of course is his usual self and sounds like we might just have him signed before the season starts!
Addison looked great as a returner and WR today. Obviously if he makes this team it will be because of his return skills but if he can be a decent receiver on top of that just added bonus.
Jordan Taylor showed well today as well getting behind the defense as the kid has deceptive speed to really get over the top of a defense.

OL
Haven't read much yet on this group as they were not in pads. Sounds like 1-on-1 drills though the DL guys won the battles most of the time but that is usually how those drills go as they are more to the advantage of the DL guys.

TE
Heuerman, Green, and Graham all had a few moments today from what I understand. So maybe TE position if they can stay healthy won't be as dire as some might think.

Honestly haven't read much on the defense today. Seems everybody is fixated on the offensive side of the ball.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Crash

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your welcome Mingo

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Taylor having MRI on his knee. Possibly a very short career with Denver.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Taylor having MRI on his knee. Possibly a very short career with Denver.

Sad - always seems to happen to someone as training camp opens. I hope for Taylor - that he bounces back soon.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either Wolfe has become JJ Watt or Symbrailo is very rusty.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Okung has never played a full NFL season in his career. Odd

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Taylor.....what a shock ! Guy was no risk system abuser anyway.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... Kubiak opted to split the team onto two fields for the seven-on-seven periods. Sanchez and Lynch split the repetitions on the south field, while Paxton Lynch got all the snaps on the north field, giving him twice as many throws. It also doubled the work in the period for the third team, giving extra chances for newcomers like WR Marlon Brown, TE John Phillips and others.

Lynch on both fields at once... hes going to be a monster in the league. Is he going to play TE and QB during the games?

I notice this at the bottom of the page of a fan talking of lynch work in the day two link I posted ..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so some notes that I heard about today's practice...

1) Phil Taylor while he did go off it doesn't sound like they think it is serious but are getting an MRI just to make sure.

2) Other injury news it sounds like Sly Williams tweaked his shoulder at some point but again doesn't sound like something serious. Talib from what I have heard is expected back within the next week or so. There is no limp in his step and people seem pretty optimistic about his recovery.

3) Players that really stuck out on day 2...Jordan "Sunshine" Taylor. If you haven't seen his incredible catch then you need to go watch the video. From the sound of it he has been doing this in OTA's, Mini-Camp, and now has carried that over to Training Camp. Throw in he has been trying to work hard on his special teams ability to make himself more versatile for the team. Another is Kapri Bibbs. He made some great runs today and just looks like a new player. Heck even day 1 Kubiak after practice talked about how great he looked. Bibbs is another working on special teams to try and make himself more versatile. He also talked that he isn't just looking to try and make this team but is looking to be the starter. Love to hear that confidence and that his hard work is really showing up.

4) Just a quick note kind of geared towards that last thought. I had heard rumors that some were worried the Bronco players were still wanting to celebrate the Super Bowl from last year and were having a tough time turning the page for this season. It sounds like these last 5 weeks though the guys really focused up and put in some great work. From the sound of things camp has been crisp so far and players realize the expectations being put upon them.

5) Again this is no pads so far but Derek Wolfe has been unblockable from the sound of things. I watched his training videos this summer and man the guy looks like he is ready to prove the investment the Broncos made in him was a very smart choice.

6) Sanchez did not look quite as crisp today and some even suggested that he was benched at one point during practice but from the sound of it the timing just was weird where they had already planned to sub in Siemian before Sanchez threw an interception. Sanchez still looks like the guy that has the highest chance to start though.

7) Sounds like the Broncos are really trying to get extra work for Lynch and really all the 3rd string players to give them the best shot possible and really build up the back end of our roster. They broke off onto another field giving them double the plays of the 1st and 2nd team guys. Gave Lynch twice the throws of the other guys in an attempt to help him along.

8) Punting competition...this is one that doesn't get enough attention in my opinion. From the sound of it our rookie has an incredible leg and they said it sounds like a cannon going off when the ball leaves his foot. He gets incredible hang time. I would be surprised if he doesn't win the job.

9) Forgot to mention that Lynch did look much better. In the final 7-on-7 part of practice he completed 9 of his last 10 passes and on the day completed 78% during team drills. He also is the only 1 of the 3 that hasn't thrown an interception so if protecting the football is key from our QB position this year Lynch has shown well in that category.

10) Marlon Brown our new WR has really hit the ground running and done well. He was with Kubiak before so learning the offense hasn't been an issue for him and it has shown.

11) I know this has mostly been an offensive post (see what I did there) but the defense did show well today where our DL/OLB's did well bursting through for what would have been multiple sacks. Todd Davis also showed really well in stopping the run meeting the RB in the back field on multiple plays.