• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Larry Fitzgerald?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't make the WC this year (our only hope of the postseason) then do you guys think it's time to consider trading Fitzgerald? I love the guy, and think he's a consummate pro and is someone you want representing your franchise but there comes a time where you have to look at your surroundings and make up of the roster and realize this team is going nowhere.

We'd get a bounty of draft picks in return for him and I really like Floyd and Roberts so our cupboard wouldn't be completely bare in the WR department if Fitz was shipped off.

If we end up in draft position to take a future franchise QB next year without having to give him up then there's no way in hell I'd trade him though.

What I hope happens- We suck just enough this year to end up with Bridgewater in the draft. Keep Fitz. Fix the O-Line by drafting a couple, getting Cooper back, and signing one in Free Agency to give our new franchise QB some protection. Defense regroups and gets healthy and back to full strength and we kick ASS in 2014!!! *wakes up from dream*

Kinda sidetracked there... but yeah. Thoughts?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also... out of pure speculation. How many picks do you guys think we could get in return for him? Which rounds?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very limited market for a 30-year-old WR making $15M+ per year.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't just any 30 year old... he's one of the best in the game and he won't be slowing down anytime soon.

You put fitz with a quarterback like Tom Brady and he breaks the records that he and moss set a few years ago! Same with Calvin Johnson.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say the biggest needs are a Left Tackle. A pass rusher Abraham is getting old. A running back. Then a tall solid corner, we need some height in the secondary.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be perfect on the Seahawks. RW and him had instant chemistry during the pro-bowl.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the best in the game. I would gladly make a serious offer if you were willing to move him. I am actually a big fan of what we have to work with, but you don't pass up the best in the league who could reasonably continue to play for a fairly long time. He would tear shit up here, and his style is right to play well into his 30s.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the best in the game. I would gladly make a serious offer if you were willing to move him. I am actually a big fan of what we have to work with, but you don't pass up the best in the league who could reasonably continue to play for a fairly long time. He would tear shit up here, and his style is right to play well into his 30s.

I can't even imagine the types of numbers he'd put up with Brady. It wouldn't be fair.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am personally a huge fan of Dobson, probably more so than most of my fellow pats fans. I think he is the patriots best receiver today and will develop into a bona fide number one guy fairly quickly. But Larry Fitzgerald opposite him with some of the other potential on that offense, plus Gronk?

That's worth a first to me (or mallet and a second, if you'd like that better), although I am not sure the market gives too much more with his contract what it is and his age.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am personally a huge fan of Dobson, probably more so than most of my fellow pats fans. I think he is the patriots best receiver today and will develop into a bona fide number one guy fairly quickly. But Larry Fitzgerald opposite him with some of the other potential on that offense, plus Gronk?

That's worth a first to me (or mallet and a second, if you'd like that better), although I am not sure the market gives too much more with his contract what it is and his age.

Oh, I'm confident Larry could bring back at least a first rounder and another pick back along with it. If Richardson gets that much in return for the Browns then Larry should get back a little more than that. Would be a lot more if it weren't for his contract, though.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You better hold onto Mallet. I think he can be a good QB and especially in Belichicks system. Brady isn't done by any means but he's older and more susceptible to injury.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Mallett to stay, absolutely. I extend him now if possible.

But Fitzgerald is worth giving him up.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe CJ and Fitz are the best two WR in the NFL right now. Put them in identical QB situations (with an elite QB) and the numbers wouldn't be fair.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I'm confident Larry could bring back at least a first rounder and another pick back along with it. If Richardson gets that much in return for the Browns then Larry should get back a little more than that. Would be a lot more if it weren't for his contract, though.

Richardson is 22 and costing the colts roughly 2.2 mil a year. Fitzgerald is 30 and costs more than five times that.

Obviously Fitzgerald is better, but the contract and age balance that difference out. He absolutely has value but it's not much more than a first.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh first Nash, now probably Fitz. Yea, trade him. He doesn't deserve to rot in AZ. Like Nash, the guy is a clase act.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson is 22 and costing the colts roughly 2.2 mil a year. Fitzgerald is 30 and costs more than five times that.

Obviously Fitzgerald is better, but the contract and age balance that difference out. He absolutely has value but it's not much more than a first.

You also have to factor in the importance of positions... RB's value are going downhill throughout the league. Trading for one of the best WR's ever (30 or not) he's got to have a little more value than Trent.