• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the love affair with has-beens and former Eagles. DeSean OK for a 6th.. period. Shady...no.
Howie can get Graham signed if he really wants him back. There is going to be significant turnover next year.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is a good number to sign Graham?

I see posts in here saying that the Eagles need to prepare to have the salary cap space to sign Graham and I think to myself...why? Is Graham really worth signing for the amount of money that might be thrown at him either by the Eagles roanother team?

He had a good year last year - 9.5 sacks and will always be appreciated by me for the strip sack of Brady in the big game - but he hasn't exactly lit up QBs during his career.

Maybe my perspective is through the moribund performance of the defensive line this year and am tired of not seeing any consistent pass rush not only from Graham but any of the Eagles D-line (well Bennet seems to be doing ok in that area)

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More rumors that Howie is talking with the Bills again about Shady. The Bills are not going anywhere, and they need more draft picks, so who knows? I'm fine with it for a 2 year deal, and not giving up any primo picks.
I thought Shady was on concussion protocol
Now? He must be cleared to play I guess?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Shady was on concussion protocol
Now? He must be cleared to play I guess?

Last I read yesterday he was expected to clear protocol shortly and might even play this weekend (doubtful, but he is bouncing back quickly. I guess a concussion is easier to recover from when you have half a brain).

Perhaps there is some sentimental want going on still for the mess Chip made for some. I don’t really feel that. DJax is a needed piece for this offense right now at the right price.

While RB is even more of a needed piece right now, for me, Shady just has mess written all over him. Can’t stay fully healthy and I just feel he’s could still have major off field issues that further keep him off the field. The hints of this nonsense were even there enough when he was here for this to be a possible worry. No thanks.

As for BG....that was a solid point that, IMO, might be the biggest reason there is no extension. He had the biggest play ever for the Eagles. That can inflate a players ask temporarily. Looking at it this way kudos to Howie to not overpay future money over one play, even if it is that play!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To reiterate, I want Shady and DJAX back! Howie, git'er done this weekend!

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is a good number to sign Graham?

I see posts in here saying that the Eagles need to prepare to have the salary cap space to sign Graham and I think to myself...why? Is Graham really worth signing for the amount of money that might be thrown at him either by the Eagles roanother team?

He had a good year last year - 9.5 sacks and will always be appreciated by me for the strip sack of Brady in the big game - but he hasn't exactly lit up QBs during his career.

Maybe my perspective is through the moribund performance of the defensive line this year and am tired of not seeing any consistent pass rush not only from Graham but any of the Eagles D-line (well Bennet seems to be doing ok in that area)

I think it's part of the reason the Birds traded for Bennett, Graham is gone after this season and Bennett will flip to the left side which is his more natural spot, currently manned most of the time by BG. Still under contract for another couple years at a reasonable rate with no cap hit if we decide to release him before.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJAX wants out. I think we'd have to give up a 3rd or 4th to get him. He would open up things - stretch the field, and he can track the deep ball very well.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJAX wants out. I think we'd have to give up a 3rd or 4th to get him. He would open up things - stretch the field, and he can track the deep ball very well.
I would do it for a fourth, but not a 3rd only because we have Joe Douglas drafting.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do it for a fourth, but not a 3rd only because we have Joe Douglas drafting.

The difference between possibly getting him for a 4th over a 3rd could easily hinge on the outcome of today’s Bucs- Bengals game. Let’s go Bengals!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that Bengals game maybe....MAYBE the Bucs will be willing to move DJax. I still think they won’t talk for any less than a 3rd. Might want more. Or they might not think they are too far gone yet, especially if they feel they can make a run with Fitzmagic....who brought them back into it today.

While this is a good chance to get something for him they might just think they can get something for him next off season as well.

I still don’t see it being a possibility. But howie will pick up the phone again. And we will see

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot where I heard it, but it's very likely the Eagles will be making a deal with TB to get D Jackson. Also heard they want to get rid of Winston as well. I would be more interested in Mike Evans, but I know that's a pipedream.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot where I heard it, but it's very likely the Eagles will be making a deal with TB to get D Jackson. Also heard they want to get rid of Winston as well. I would be more interested in Mike Evans, but I know that's a pipedream.

I’d be interested in that source. Will have to look around. If they want to move Winston..... good luck to them.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would absolutely look into getting DJax for the remainder of the season and he's locked into a reasonable 10 mil for the 2019 season. I would be willing to do a 3rd for DJax if Tampa were to swing a 5th back to us. We have 2 2nds to play with as well as our 1st. Jackson would help open up the Offense a bit as right now we don't have any field stretchers to keep Defenses honest.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would absolutely look into getting DJax for the remainder of the season and he's locked into a reasonable 10 mil for the 2019 season. I would be willing to do a 3rd for DJax if Tampa were to swing a 5th back to us. We have 2 2nds to play with as well as our 1st. Jackson would help open up the Offense a bit as right now we don't have any field stretchers to keep Defenses honest.
"We don't have any field stretchers to keep defenses honest".
I said that back in April - but YES - Wentz does need more offensive weapons.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't try for DJAX for anything more than a 4th straight up. I like Rey's idea that if we go higher than that a pick has to come back our way - DJAX would give us an instant turbocharge to get the offense going. No thank you to McCoy, he can stay in Buffalo.

I think Demaryius Thomas is also very much in play, but to be honest I'd rather have Emmanuel Sanders, not sure if he's on the block as well.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We don't have any field stretchers to keep defenses honest".
I said that back in April - but YES - Wentz does need more offensive weapons.

We lost "both" Wallace and Hollins who would have been solid deep options for Wentz opposite Alshon. I think DJax would fit right in and fill that role. He still has the deep speed and now has that vet experience to go along with it.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
44961146_10213191854131568_7086242184910864384_n.jpg

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO, trading ANYTHING for him at this point is a bad idea. He hasn't played all season, not in "football" shape, would have to learn an entire new offense on the fly... and it's not like we would have exclusive rights to sign him to an extension, due to franchise tag rules and however that works. Too risky.

If we are hell-bent on getting him, I would rather wait until the off-season, rather than lose the draft capital and you don't know what you're getting with him now.