• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, trading ANYTHING for him at this point is a bad idea. He hasn't played all season, not in "football" shape, would have to learn an entire new offense on the fly... and it's not like we would have exclusive rights to sign him to an extension, due to franchise tag rules and however that works. Too risky.

If we are hell-bent on getting him, I would rather wait until the off-season, rather than lose the draft capital and you don't know what you're getting with him now.

anything given would have to be conditional on playing time and ability to resign.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, although I was for trading for him, unless he would sign a new deal before the trade, it is too much to risk for a rental, and he needs to get into football shape, while the season i half over.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, trading ANYTHING for him at this point is a bad idea. He hasn't played all season, not in "football" shape, would have to learn an entire new offense on the fly... and it's not like we would have exclusive rights to sign him to an extension, due to franchise tag rules and however that works. Too risky.

If we are hell-bent on getting him, I would rather wait until the off-season, rather than lose the draft capital and you don't know what you're getting with him now.

Giving up a 3rd rounder does not hurt us. His compensation pick if he signs elsewhere would be 3rd rounder but.........since it is at the end of the round IIRC I would not trade more than a 4th. It is their locker room that is in turmoil and we would be on the hook for his salary. No way the get off by breaking even in the deal.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you guys are overvaluing DJax. No way would I part with a 3rd or 4th. That's a desperation move and WR is only one of the many problems facing the Eagles. This is the time to be smart and not overreact.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too often we overestimate the value of draft picks. I would gladly give Tampa our 4th rounder for DJax. Here's our history of 4th rounders going back 10 years.

2008: Mike McGlynn, Quinton Demps, Kack Ikewuonu (all hot garbage)
2009: No 4th rounder
2010: Trevard Lindley, Keenan Clayton, Mike Kafka, Clay Harbor (4-4 all hot garbage)
2011: Casey Mathews, Alex Henery (all hot garbage)
2012: Brandon Boykin (slight step above hot garbage)
2013: Matt Barkley (the king of hot garbage)
2014: Josh Huff, Jaylen Watkins (hot garbage and bench fodder)
2015: No 4th
2016: No 4th
2017: Mack Hollins, Donnel Pumphrey (TBD and flaming garbage)
2018: Avonte Maddox, Josh Sweat (too early to tell)

So there you have it ... in the past 10 years we've drafted 17 players in Rd 4 and DJax is worth more than all of them combined outside of the 2018 draft picks who are yet to be determined.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too often we overestimate the value of draft picks. I would gladly give Tampa our 4th rounder for DJax. Here's our history of 4th rounders going back 10 years.

2008: Mike McGlynn, Quinton Demps, Kack Ikewuonu (all hot garbage)
2009: No 4th rounder
2010: Trevard Lindley, Keenan Clayton, Mike Kafka, Clay Harbor (4-4 all hot garbage)
2011: Casey Mathews, Alex Henery (all hot garbage)
2012: Brandon Boykin (slight step above hot garbage)
2013: Matt Barkley (the king of hot garbage)
2014: Josh Huff, Jaylen Watkins (hot garbage and bench fodder)
2015: No 4th
2016: No 4th
2017: Mack Hollins, Donnel Pumphrey (TBD and flaming garbage)
2018: Avonte Maddox, Josh Sweat (too early to tell)

So there you have it ... in the past 10 years we've drafted 17 players in Rd 4 and DJax is worth more than all of them combined outside of the 2018 draft picks who are yet to be determined.

I have not seen anyone (that I can think of) that has said a flat hell no to DJax for a 4th (unless they were saying hell no, period). I have seen the big debate on if you go higher than a 4th (something I still cannot talk myself into).

Here is the thing....it is not about what the 4th rounder can get us in the draft....it is what it would get us for DJax. He has been decent enough this year (strong start....average at best since). We wouldn't be drafting his past, but his expected future. We need the deep threat more than anything....otherwise I wouldn't even be good with the 4th. But what could we get? 1.5 more decent years, deal. But what if the wheels fall off fast? He has been rather healthy recently, but has missed time with nagging injuries in past years.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing I'm thinking about over lunch.....where is the smoke on DJax? I saw a little bit of fluff from (likely) his camp that he wants out of TB due to Jameis.....but I wonder if there is something going on at that QB position after yesterday. Other than that....no smoke.

Wouldn't it be something for all of us to be focused on DJax and no smoke only to miss that 3rd/4th being spent on DeVante Parker? A lot more smoke there....they are listening ( apparently the Dolphins want more....which is posturing). If they move we are rumored to be near the top of the list.

For the record....I am not down with DeVante for anything more than a 5/6.....but there is a bit of chatter there. Could he stay healthy? Could he be a more consistently solid performer from the #2 spot? I am doubtful. But as possible moves go....that one does have more smoke on it right now.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta do a better job of drafting. Don't give up on drafting.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta do a better job of drafting. Don't give up on drafting.

Especially with the Wentz Super-Mega contract on the horizon... we've got a lot of vets that aren't going to be here 1-2 years from now, gotta start replacing them soon.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eags are hjgh on bringing DJAX back. Another rumor = Nick Foles for A.J. Bouye.
Howie = git'em done, please! Both deals!!

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Howie - Do SOMETHING already.
The deadline is tomorrow.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially with the Wentz Super-Mega contract on the horizon... we've got a lot of vets that aren't going to be here 1-2 years from now, gotta start replacing them soon.

This is where my heavy valuation of draft picks is coming from. I read yesterday how the Patriots are looking for another receiver yet and willing to pony up picks.

Be like the Patriots....right? Only the Patriots are at a different place. When you’re window is closing than picks should be spent more readily. When your window is opening, or open, you need to value picks more.

We have things to do, now that we have the future at QB. We won last year....but there is much of this roster we won’t have within the next few years.

Yes, you want to win every year. But one trade likely won’t do much to help this year....and it certainly won’t help the future.

Fine....picks are a crapshoot. Which means when you have plenty of holes to fill to build a young roster that can continue to compete you need more and more pics to assure gaps are filled....making picks more valued.

If our window was closing and we just wanted to extend it a little more I would totally be up on spending all of the picks!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw that Jim Schwartz is rumored for the Browns job? I'm not that surprised and he would reunite with San Filipo. That wouldn't be a bad guy imo. Plenty of talent in that roster and a ton of cap space. Mayfield just needs a good coaching staff and I think they can take that next step. I'm ok if Schwartz goes. The thing is who could be get for a replacement? Spags?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw that Jim Schwartz is rumored for the Browns job? I'm not that surprised and he would reunite with San Filipo. That wouldn't be a bad guy imo. Plenty of talent in that roster and a ton of cap space. Mayfield just needs a good coaching staff and I think they can take that next step. I'm ok if Schwartz goes. The thing is who could be get for a replacement? Spags?

As bad as Schwartz has been I’m leery of a change at Coordinator mid season. If we had a defensive skilled coach I could see it a little more.

Schwartz has not been good....and moving on to someone (like Spags for example) makes great sense...when there is an off-season for the new DC to fully get running.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If that is the case then it appears the Browns will be returning to their old selves of making utterly stupid decisions. Schwartz has not shown anything to show he should be considered for a head coaching position. To be honest he should be fired from his DC post.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spagnuolo would make sense - I think he'd do really well with the talent he has to work with in Philly. I also like Todd Bowles if the Jets decide to go with an offensive guy to groom their young QB, or even Vance Joseph who was a very good DC in Miami and his days in Denver are numbered. Doug seems to like the guys who have previous HC experience to man his defenses and all three of these guys fit the bill nicely.