• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline approaches

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA fans would lose their shit at LAL making out like that, or at Love becoming a Laker before the year 2015 period. They aren't going to make a trade that might help them elevate their record away from prime draft positioning anyway.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting back to the topic. Nash is Done?

Could hasten LAL's desire to retool, how about this bad boy?

1) Free's up Dubs from Lee's salary
2) Lakers get a K. Love, lets face it, he's going to end up there one way or the other
3) Dubs get a larger, 4/5 they can plug in
4) MINN get's something in return instead of loving Love for zip.

Get'er done LaGruberWestMyr

I'd rather have this:

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

But I have no idea why Minny would do that deal. I would consider Love for Lee and Barnes because the trade-off of being out from under Lee's contract is worth Barnes upside, Lee's current play and the need to get something for Love on the T-Wolves end only becomes great if they don't make the playoffs this year. While the latter is possible, it isn't necessarily likely. I don't know that there is a deal to be had with Minny just yet, and I certainly don't want the Warriors to be a part of the trade that sends K-Love to LaLa Land.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no to pau gasol, we need a star for Barnes and lee

Give what we thought "HB upside is", if we project HB out to be a poor man's RJ, and many folks on this board don't want WCW's Contract here, having a one year rental for Gasol doesn't seem that bad.

It would free up plenty of cap space should Gasol jump ship, 15+ mil to go shopping with could land us an elite 4 in FA.

I might be the only one not in love with K.Love (pun in intended) :lol: , when healthy guy is a beast, but IMO, he is more injury prone than Bill Walton. D.Lee's recent shoulder, back, ankle injury, and Wilson Chandler's tooth aside, D.Lee has been a rock for us. K.Love also doesn't seem to make his team better at all. His teams have never made the playoffs.

I'll repeat, his teams have never made the playoffs. Love has expanded his game to the 3 point range, imo, that lessens his value as a rebounder because he can't be down in the paint banging to get us boards. Pekovic might be the dominate 5 in MINN, but Love was there first.

Gasol's passing, size, rebounding, defense, shooting, would be greater than what Love would give to us.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give what we thought "HB upside is", if we project HB out to be a poor man's RJ, and many folks on this board don't want WCW's Contract here, having a one year rental for Gasol doesn't seem that bad.

It would free up plenty of cap space should Gasol jump ship, 15+ mil to go shopping with could land us an elite 4 in FA.

I might be the only one not in love with K.Love (pun in intended) :lol: , when healthy guy is a beast, but IMO, he is more injury prone than Bill Walton. D.Lee's recent shoulder, back, ankle injury, and Wilson Chandler's tooth aside, D.Lee has been a rock for us. K.Love also doesn't seem to make his team better at all. His teams have never made the playoffs.

I'll repeat, his teams have never made the playoffs. Love has expanded his game to the 3 point range, imo, that lessens his value as a rebounder because he can't be down in the paint banging to get us boards. Pekovic might be the dominate 5 in MINN, but Love was there first.

Gasol's passing, size, rebounding, defense, shooting, would be greater than what Love would give to us.

That last sentence is silly. Gasol might be a little better defender and slightly taller. Love is bigger and elite at passing, shooting and rebounding. Pau's defense is overrated (Marc's is rated perfectly) because he is currently on a team that doesn't play D at all. He looks elite around the 4 other starters (when he wants to). You don't have to like Love's game, but there is no way he brings less to a team (especially a Lee-less Warriors) than Pau Gasol. Injuries are always a roll of the dice (remember Avi's hip).

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me? Lol Kevin love is a superstar almost. Pretty much in stephs category.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me? Lol Kevin love is a superstar almost. Pretty much in stephs category.

The Wolves haven't been to the playoffs since '04.

More to the point, the Wolves haven't even had a winning record since Love joined them.

Is it all K. Love's fault? No. But losing begets losing. Atleast D.Lee is a winner, he plays winning ball, and actually makes his team better. Losing HB along with D.Lee for K.Love would be a mistake.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More to the point, the Wolves haven't even had a winning record since Love joined them.

Is it all K. Love's fault? No. But losing begets losing. Atleast D.Lee is a winner, he plays winning ball, and actually makes his team better. Losing HB along with D.Lee for K.Love would be a mistake.

I bet you Myers and Lacob would do that deal in a heartbeat

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BKL

Not sure losing begets. Big Kevin Love is elite but does not have the necessary parts around him. Same could have been said for LaMarcus until this year. I love Love although I do wonder why no playoff experience - he does play in the West, you know. His outlet passes is art.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure losing begets. Big Kevin Love is elite but does not have the necessary parts around him. Same could have been said for LaMarcus until this year. I love Love although I do wonder why no playoff experience - he does play in the West, you know. His outlet passes is art.

What do you mean he doesn't have the parts around him? You mean JJ Barea, Corey Brewer, Chase Budinger and Shabazz Muhammad aren't "elite"? :rollseyes:

But seriously though, there's still some nice pieces. Rubio, Kevin Martin, Pekovic, Shved, Mbah a Moute, K. Love being the highest paid player on that team, needs to elevate his team to another level. I don't think he's that type of player. He's a very good player, but not "elite".

"His outlet passes is art" :laugh3: , that should be on their season ticket package flyer, we don't make the playoffs, but come to the arena 42x a year to watch K.Love's outlet passes :scratch:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean he doesn't have the parts around him? You mean JJ Barea, Corey Brewer, Chase Budinger and Shabazz Muhammad aren't "elite"? :rollseyes:

But seriously though, there's still some nice pieces. Rubio, Kevin Martin, Pekovic, Shved, Mbah a Moute, K. Love being the highest paid player on that team, needs to elevate his team to another level. I don't think he's that type of player. He's a very good player, but not "elite".

"His outlet passes is art" :laugh3: , that should be on their season ticket package flyer, we don't make the playoffs, but come to the arena 42x a year to watch K.Love's outlet passes :scratch:

If we got Love that would mean we would have five white dudes in the starting lineup. That would be unheard of in today's NBA. Do they even allow that in the NBA? Bogut, Lee, Love, Curry and Thompson. Prety good lineup.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we got Love that would mean we would have five white dudes in the starting lineup. That would be unheard of in today's NBA. Do they even allow that in the NBA? Bogut, Lee, Love, Curry and Thompson. Prety good lineup.

:dunce:

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do people think of Zaza pachullia ? He's a good big

He was very much overpaid last summer. Nice locker room guy, quality backup when healthy. I could see a team like the Nets try to get him. It's going to be a challenging contract for the Bucks to move (if they seek to) in most cases.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now they are throwing around the deal with Barnes for a Jarrett Jack package

I hate it as it stands