• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline approaches

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the always good Zach Lowe at Grantland:

The NBA Swap Meet «

Ws related excerpt:

Take the Warriors, for instance. They’ve fallen to the no. 8 spot with a flailing offense and shaky depth, but they’ve traded just about every possible pick and might have played their last low-risk card in the Jordan Crawford deal. If they really want to add an impact piece this season, they’ll either have to orchestrate another three-team trade or part with one of the Harrison Barnes–Klay Thompson duo. That would be a major step, and though Barnes especially has struggled, sources around the league say Golden State doesn’t appear ready quite yet to go this route. The Dubs also have two sizable trade exceptions they could use to take on another player, but they’ve got about only $2.5 million in wiggle room below the tax.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More on the Dubs' offensive struggles, from the same post:

2. Golden State’s offense

A blowout of the embarrassing Sixers jumped Golden State from 16th to 13th in points per possession, but its offense has generally been a disappointment, and it’s just 6-7 since I called it a potential shadow championship contender. Even in that piece, I worried the Dubs wouldn’t reach “shadow” levels unless they kicked an irritating habit of short-circuiting possessions with 10 or 12 seconds left on the clock and settling in for low-efficiency isolation plays. Stuff like this just doesn’t cut it for a team with two great shooters, multitalented big men, and elite passing up and down the roster:

(links in the original post)

If this doesn’t change, we’re going to start hearing rumblings about Mark Jackson’s job status.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this too very interested to see what they do at the trade deadline

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More on the Dubs' offensive struggles, from the same post:

2. Golden State’s offense

A blowout of the embarrassing Sixers jumped Golden State from 16th to 13th in points per possession, but its offense has generally been a disappointment, and it’s just 6-7 since I called it a potential shadow championship contender. Even in that piece, I worried the Dubs wouldn’t reach “shadow” levels unless they kicked an irritating habit of short-circuiting possessions with 10 or 12 seconds left on the clock and settling in for low-efficiency isolation plays. Stuff like this just doesn’t cut it for a team with two great shooters, multitalented big men, and elite passing up and down the roster:

(links in the original post)

If this doesn’t change, we’re going to start hearing rumblings about Mark Jackson’s job status.

This team is too talented to be this shitty. Jackson has no idea how to orchestrate an offense. This is stunning since he was a good point guard all those years himself.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is too talented to be this shitty. Jackson has no idea how to orchestrate an offense. This is stunning since he was a good point guard all those years himself.

Yep! Hopeful they can run some type of offense sooner or later

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a solid core of young, top tier talent, the Dubs are in this for the long haul. It's not this season or bust, so unless something really sweet becomes available, I would imagine that we've seen all the trades for this season. This will be a good test for this roster, and by season's end, management will know what they have. The rest of this season will be an audition for Speights and everyone down stream from him as I could see more than a few summer moves ahead.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You ever get tired of being wrong?

:ss:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a solid core of young, top tier talent, the Dubs are in this for the long haul. It's not this season or bust, so unless something really sweet becomes available, I would imagine that we've seen all the trades for this season. This will be a good test for this roster, and by season's end, management will know what they have. The rest of this season will be an audition for Speights and everyone down stream from him as I could see more than a few summer moves ahead.

Maybe add Brandon bass but other than that nothing else will be done.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all his sentiments. The culture of this organization shows that they are willing to be aggressive every year in order to be a contender. Complacency will not be an issue with this front office.

Love the fact he's candid about the players we have, that he likes them but evaluation on everyone is constant.

Agreed. The best part for me was his frankness about the state of the team and the coach.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya, but those weren't the only things I was right about. I was right about all of those things you mentioned but a lot more too. Iguodala has not lived up to his contract so far, Ezili is a bust, Barnes has not played up to expectations and it could be because of his ankle, and the Thunder will not win it without Westbrook. Those were easy predictions.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, but those weren't the only things I was right about. I was right about all of those things you mentioned but a lot more too. Iguodala has not lived up to his contract so far, Ezili is a bust, Barnes has not played up to expectations and it could be because of his ankle, and the Thunder will not win it without Westbrook. Those were easy predictions.

Y'all see what we had to deal with before we banned him from the Giants' board?

:L

:rollseyes: