• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline aftermath

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but once everything settles down, it's going to be Orpik/Martin with the toughest matchup. Martin can probably play 25 minutes a night, no way Orpik can do that anymore with regularity.

That's the risk you take with young guys, rather they gamble with them, though, the old guys haven't exactly proved themselves the past few playoff runs.

Seriously would rather risk playing the young guys and call up Domoulin, Harrington and Samuelsson again.

This team has enough talent to make the playoffs in the weak east let the young d play more minutes and use Orpik/Scuderi sparingly so maybe they will have enough gas come the playoffs. Also with those three up it will give Maatta and Despres a chance for a break.

I am not including Engelland in this he should only be a 4th line wing going forward. As for Bortuzzo he should play every game as the 6th.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best bet is to just put Pyatt Adams & Kobasew on the 4th line and see how well rolling with 3 lines can get us. Orpik & Scud need to raise their game, especially Orpik. I think he's really been hurting us as of late. I would honestly he not be on the roster right now, a healthy scratch would suit me just fine.

Orpik needs to sit he hit his wall as a usefull d-man going forward.

Adams shouldn't even be playing but really only a few minutes a game it doesn't matter who is there.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...the issue is, and always has been the D...last year, the previous year, this year. And yet they sign a POS like Letang long term and pick up slugs at the break. Scuds, Opirk, Martin, all suck ass at D. They brought in some kind of great D coach and they suck ass. Bortuzzo is not an answer but a big body to enforce and hit people...he can't be one of your D men with Scuds and Oprik playing too...that is horrible D.

Remember how great the D looked for the games where it was basically Nisky and all the youngins'? That's how they should roll these last 20 games...fuck oprik, scuds, martin.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating a dead horse some more.

Points shares, essentially estimates the amount of points a player contributed to the team, ie a team with 100 points should have 100 worth of point shares.

Penguins GM Shero's deadline deals: Addition by subtraction | TribLIVE

2013-14 Pittsburgh Penguins Roster and Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

It pretty much confirms most people's eye test. Adams and Pyatt are two of the worst players on the team, yet play minutes of superior players. And the Penguins employ a lot of negative players, and continue to play them for some reason.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...the issue is, and always has been the D...last year, the previous year, this year. And yet they sign a POS like Letang long term and pick up slugs at the break. Scuds, Opirk, Martin, all suck ass at D. They brought in some kind of great D coach and they suck ass. Bortuzzo is not an answer but a big body to enforce and hit people...he can't be one of your D men with Scuds and Oprik playing too...that is horrible D.

Remember how great the D looked for the games where it was basically Nisky and all the youngins'? That's how they should roll these last 20 games...fuck oprik, scuds, martin.

And yea, it's becoming plainly obvious that Orpik and Scuderi and the weak links on defense. Although there is a contingent of the fanbase that has been bashing Orpik for years, IMO it was never justified until the past few months.

Scuds is well, old, slow and not physical. He's a #6 on this team, and shouldn't be playing more than 15-17 minutes per night, although he provides a good option on the pk, which is why he still should get a jersey.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah with Orpik at one point I was hoping they would resign him to an extension but after his play recently not even sure that is worth it?

Scuderi and Orpik are getting way too exposed for their lack of any speed and from all I can tell the young D-men are not burners either. Outside of Letang speed isn't something the Penguins defense has much of. Maybe Harrington and Pouliot could help that?

As for this off season I wonder if Shero will use the amesty buyout for Scuderi? They have two not sure Adams could be used for the other since he has a +35 contract.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping they buy out Scuds, and figure out a way to keep Niskanen, assuming he signs for something reasonable like 4-4.5/year.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that would make sense but I doubt that happening and I see Niskanen leaving. Not so much the Penguins won't try but I can see some GM thinking he is a top 1-2 now and paying him like that.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan trolling everyone with Pyatt on the second line, shockingly enough, Pyatt gives up a goal to his man on the rush.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stempniak looked good on the 1st line last night anyway...