• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

trade bait

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My assumption is that the pirates will not have that problem. In answer to your question - i would not have any problem pulling the trigger on a good trade.

The pr hit might lead to a firing if the fans complain enough so maybe neil wont have the sack to go through with it...

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is a good trade? It would be nice to get a young SS, C, or 1B, that is ready to play in the majors, or close. But who is out there?

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Will be clearer when the deadline approaches.

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe we can wait to see who derek lee signs with and trade for him again. Then we can bring signs that say stuff like "youre one of us now derek" "join us" "its futile to resist".

Even better if we can get oswalt too. I think this is a good idea. Acquiring free agents just to troll them? Legendary.

ramburgh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He may be on the same career path as Casey McGehee - but I wouldn't mind taking a look at Adam Lind. Nothing to lose but money plus there could be something left that the old "change of scenery" can provide. Maybe I am becoming too much like management.

One more change that I would like to see which has been mentioned on several recent occassions would be a change in hitting coach. Bill Madlock has been mentioned. I just checked the stats for the Buffalo Bisons batting (his current gig) and they are leading the International League in batting average (for whatever it is worth) with a .276 team average.

Also, it might be time to bring Marte up.

I would then go with a line-up of:
Marte(lf), Harrison (ss), McCutchen (cf), Alvarez (3b), Walker(2b), Lind (1b), Barajas (c), Tabata (rf)
Bench-McKenry, Jones, McGehee, Barmes, Navarro (release McLouth)
Pitching more or less the same.

If this line-up can start scoring some runs and the pitching can hold steady then I would trade for the best bat possible at the dealine. I would be willing to trade any combo of young outfielders (Tabata, Presley,Grossman, Hernandez-not Bell or Marte) and pitchers (except for Herredia, Taillon and Cole).

Off the major league roster I would dangle Karstens, Correia and Hanrahan.

ramburgh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think a package of something like Sanchez, Allie and Tabata is what I would be putting out to acquire a young ML player. It sounds like Castro may have Castillo lapses and might not be a SS in the future. I don't know if he should be targeted, however I will use him as an example as the piece to make a trade to acquire.

If the Pirates are able to sign Soler (Cuban OF) then the OF of the future will most likely be McCutchen, Marte and Soler which leaves Tabata, Presely, Grossman, Hernandez, Lambo as trade candidates.

Based upon the rumors we have heard, the offensive line-up could be really solid next year.

Next year's line-up with Castro and Soler would look something like:
Marte (CF), Castro (SS), McCutchen (LF), Soler (RF), Alvarez (3B), Walker (2B), Hague/Clement (1B), Barajas (C)
BN-Harrison, McKenry, Presley, Mercer, Hague/Clement
SP-Burnett, McDonald, Karstens, Morton, Owens
RP-Lincoln, Grilli, Watson, Hughes, Moskos, Meek, Locke/McPherson/Wilson

Gone-Bedard, Correia, Cruz, Resop, Slaten, Jones, McGehee

Hanrahan will probably be traded in the off-season as he will get somewhere between $6-$9M in arbitration. This could add another key piece to the offense.

Jones might fetch something in a trade as he will have 2 more years of arbitration.