• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Toughest Schedules of 2018

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not. I think 3/5 on their O-line will get drafted, their TE and then their RB in 2020, who is elite IMO.

And I'm aware of what MD has. Ty Johnson is very good, I just don't think he's better than Dillon.
What makes Dillon elite right now? Honest question. I think he's a very good RB, and he'll likely put up big numbers again this year, but I don't see what makes him elite.

Also, I haven't seen Sweeney mentioned in any list of TEs for the draft. Of course the season has yet to be played, but his numbers wouldn't lend to him being drafted. He had 2 or fewer catches in over half their games last year, and only surpassed 4 catches once. Hardly a draftable TE, unless you're just having him block I guess.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes Dillon elite right now? Honest question. I think he's a very good RB, and he'll likely put up big numbers again this year, but I don't see what makes him elite.

Also, I haven't seen Sweeney mentioned in any list of TEs for the draft. Of course the season has yet to be played, but his numbers wouldn't lend to him being drafted. He had 2 or fewer catches in over half their games last year, and only surpassed 4 catches once. Hardly a draftable TE, unless you're just having him block I guess.

I guess more so I think he'll have an elite season. I don't think he's as talented as Dobbins, Love, Harris etc, but given what he'll be surrounded with, it wouldn't surprise me to see him rush for 1,750 or more yards. I think he's a top 10 RB in college football. I would consider that elite, but maybe you have a different definition, which is totally fine.

Also. I'm harldy going out on a limb on this. Athlon had him as the 3rd best RB, and Sporting News had him as the 9th.

And Sweeney is the 5th rated TE according to Walter Football.

Last edited:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess more so I think he'll have an elite season. I don't think he's as talented as Dobbins, Love, Harris etc, but given what he'll be surrounded with, it wouldn't surprise me to see him rush for 1,750 or more yards. I think he's a top 10 RB in college football. I would consider that elite, but maybe you have a different definition, which is totally fine.

Also. I'm harldy going out on a limb on this. Athlon had him as the 3rd best RB, and Sporting News had him as the 9th.

And Sweeney is the 5th rated TE according to Walter Football.
Elite isn't dependent upon where you fall in a list necessarily, at least I don't think. I also would argue that he's not a top 10 RB. I think there are plenty of RBs who could've done what he did last year if they had 300 carries. He had a great season and was the engine to their offense, no questions asked. He actually reminds me a lot of Andre Williams, Addazio's first RB. Absolute stud in his senior year, fell flat in the NFL because he wasn't truly an elite RB.

I'm not saying you're going out on a limb, nor am I saying he won't put up major numbers. I'm just saying I don't see him as elite. Ty Johnson averaged over a yard per carry more than Dillon last year and was only limited by the foolish OC giving the ball to Harrison.

Overall, if Maryland isn't getting destroyed with injuries, I think they're as good of a team as BC this year. MD's schedule last year was also absolutely brutal, but it's not as bad this year. If they're healthy, I don't see why 8 wins is impossible. I think they have 6 guarantees as we stand now, and they already beat Texas last year when healthy, so no reason to think they can't do it again this year. That'd be 7 wins. I have @ michigan, @ Iowa, Ohio State, @ Penn State, and Michigan State as losses. I don't see BC winning more than 7 against this schedule necessarily, either.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elite isn't dependent upon where you fall in a list necessarily, at least I don't think. I also would argue that he's not a top 10 RB. I think there are plenty of RBs who could've done what he did last year if they had 300 carries. He had a great season and was the engine to their offense, no questions asked. He actually reminds me a lot of Andre Williams, Addazio's first RB. Absolute stud in his senior year, fell flat in the NFL because he wasn't truly an elite RB.

I'm not saying you're going out on a limb, nor am I saying he won't put up major numbers. I'm just saying I don't see him as elite. Ty Johnson averaged over a yard per carry more than Dillon last year and was only limited by the foolish OC giving the ball to Harrison.

Overall, if Maryland isn't getting destroyed with injuries, I think they're as good of a team as BC this year. MD's schedule last year was also absolutely brutal, but it's not as bad this year. If they're healthy, I don't see why 8 wins is impossible. I think they have 6 guarantees as we stand now, and they already beat Texas last year when healthy, so no reason to think they can't do it again this year. That'd be 7 wins. I have @ michigan, @ Iowa, Ohio State, @ Penn State, and Michigan State as losses. I don't see BC winning more than 7 against this schedule necessarily, either.

That's fine we can disagree. I think he'll be elite next season. The fact that a major publication has him 3rd should say something about his ability.

I'd be surprised if MD won more than 6 games based on their ability and schedule.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine we can disagree. I think he'll be elite next season. The fact that a major publication has him 3rd should say something about his ability.

I'd be surprised if MD won more than 6 games based on their ability and schedule.
I'd like to know what, objectively, is elite about his game. He was wildly inconsistent all year, his YPC was below average for most of the season but was helped out immensely against three horrible defenses in Syracuse, Louisville, and UConn - 3 games that accounted for 9 of his 14 TDs last year. I think it's hard to truly believe that there aren't at least 10 RBs who could do what he did last year. If anything, I'd say it's probably closer to 25-30 that could've.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to know what, objectively, is elite about his game. He was wildly inconsistent all year, his YPC was below average for most of the season but was helped out immensely against three horrible defenses in Syracuse, Louisville, and UConn - 3 games that accounted for 9 of his 14 TDs last year. I think it's hard to truly believe that there aren't at least 10 RBs who could do what he did last year. If anything, I'd say it's probably closer to 25-30 that could've.

I mean you certainly seemed to dismiss his supporting cast rather quickly. So I'm surprised you don't think that what he did was more of an accomplishment. And he wasn't inconsistent last year, he didn't get the bulk of the carries until the 5th game of the year. He was phenomenal the 2nd half of the season.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean you certainly seemed to dismiss his supporting cast rather quickly. So I'm surprised you don't think that what he did was more of an accomplishment. And he wasn't inconsistent last year, he didn't get the bulk of the carries until the 5th game of the year. He was phenomenal the 2nd half of the season.
Well when you are 3rd in the entire nation in carries, you'd better put up good numbers. It's also obviously not as if he faced a murderer's row last year. He had 1 game against a defense with a pulse (#43 defense NC State) where he averaged over 5 YPC. No crap he had a good second half, their back half schedule was loaded with patsies.

As I've pointed out, his YPC was very low for the majority of the year. That's not an elite RB. He's a nice story for a relative upstart team, but not elite.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when you are 3rd in the entire nation in carries, you'd better put up good numbers. It's also obviously not as if he faced a murderer's row last year. He had 1 game against a defense with a pulse (#43 defense NC State) where he averaged over 5 YPC. No crap he had a good second half, their back half schedule was loaded with patsies.

As I've pointed out, his YPC was very low for the majority of the year. That's not an elite RB. He's a nice story for a relative upstart team, but not elite.

Well then your opinion is in the minority, which is fine. We're all entitled to one.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then your opinion is in the minority, which is fine. We're all entitled to one.
I usually don't chat with many others on their opinions about players specifically because most don't know enough to give an objective analysis. Normally you were one who could offer objective analysis of a player, especially one you feel strongly about. What a disappointment you won't do it here.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually don't chat with many others on their opinions about players specifically because most don't know enough to give an objective analysis. Normally you were one who could offer objective analysis of a player, especially one you feel strongly about. What a disappointment you won't do it here.

You've been completely dismissive of him from the start. There's really no point to it. Again, your opinion is that of the minority, which is fine, we'll see what happens.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've been completely dismissive of him from the start. There's really no point to it. Again, your opinion is that of the minority, which is fine, we'll see what happens.
How have I been dismissive? I've said several times that I think he's a really good back who is going to have a great season. My assertion is that he's not elite and I've backed that up multiple times. Usually you have something to show why you disagree with me on these sort of things.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How have I been dismissive? I've said several times that I think he's a really good back who is going to have a great season. My assertion is that he's not elite and I've backed that up multiple times. Usually you have something to show why you disagree with me on these sort of things.

Again, we'll just disagree. Your opinion is in the minority, again, which is fine. I've said he's top 10, which I consider elite. He's a consensus top 10 RB, according to the many publications out there.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, we'll just disagree. Your opinion is in the minority, again, which is fine. I've said he's top 10, which I consider elite. He's a consensus top 10 RB, according to the many publications out there.
Ok, do you think he's actually one of the 10 best RBs based on talent and ability, or is he top 10 in that he's in position to put up top 10 stats? I guess that's where the difference may lie.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, do you think he's actually one of the 10 best RBs based on talent and ability, or is he top 10 in that he's in position to put up top 10 stats? I guess that's where the difference may lie.

Yes, and yes.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and yes.
JK Dobbins
Jonathan Taylor
Bryce Love
Cam Akers
D'Andre Swift
Justice Hill
Damien Harris
Rodney Anderson
Myles Gaskin
Karan Higdon
Miles Sanders

Which 2 RBs couldn't do what Dillon did last year? Honest question. I'd take all of these guys easily over Dillon.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JK Dobbins
Jonathan Taylor
Bryce Love
Cam Akers
D'Andre Swift
Justice Hill
Damien Harris
Rodney Anderson
Myles Gaskin
Karan Higdon
Miles Sanders

Which 2 RBs couldn't do what Dillon did last year? Honest question. I'd take all of these guys easily over Dillon.

Like I said, we'll disagree. And your opinion will be of that in the minority.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, we'll disagree. And your opinion will be of that in the minority.
Can't answer the simple question with intelligent analysis. No matter, not the first time.