• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top Prospects

Bowlby

The DON
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
who is close to contributring??

Top Prospects
1.Charlie Coyle, RW
2.Alex Stalock, G
3.Taylor Doherty, D
4.Thomas Greiss, G
5.Benn Ferriero, C
6.Nick Petrecki, D
7.Harri Sateri, G
8.Tommy Wingels, C
9.Marek Viedensky, C
10.Justin Braun, D
11.William Wrenn, D
12.Brandon Mashinter, LW
13.Thomas Heemskerk, G
14.Max Gaede, RW
15.Freddie Hamilton, C
16.Konrad Abeltshauser, D
17.John McCarthy, LW
18.J.P. Anderson, G
19.Mike Moore, D
20.Frazer McLaren, LW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Coyle, Braun, Petrecki. maybe Mash. Man I've been eager(no pun intended. but good hell i hope he doesn't return to the team next season!!!) to see what Petrecki can do in the big leagues.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Coyle, Braun, Petrecki. maybe Mash. Man I've been eager(no pun intended. but good hell i hope he doesn't return to the team next season!!!) to see what Petrecki can do in the big leagues.

If Petrecki keeps on the same developement curve he showed last season he may see spot duty in the NHL next year but I wouldn't expect to see him full time until at least the 12/13 season.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not sure petrecki is the type of Dman the sharks need. They arent needing another physical, murray-like Dman. They need an offensive (or two-way) threat. Braun is probably the most likel prospect to step into that role, though I am definitely not sold on him.

Personally, I'm interested to see what sena acolatse brings to the table. He is supposed to be one tough SOB, who can also produce offensively, and is a local boy from hayward. he had a hell of a season with prince george, so he could be someone to watch. The other intriguing Dman seems to me to be taylor doherty. He's a massive guy who had a pretty strong season too. I feel either of those guys could have strong years and would be good.

Up front, I dont see anyone emerging right now. Coyle will go back to college. Viedensky is OK, but I dont know how well he'll do in the pro's. Varone is small and I don't know if he can handle the pro size and speed. The best chances seem to belong to the current 4th liners of ferriero, desjardins and company, though I like Wingels as a possibility.

I think Hamilton and Sgarbossa still have another year of jr's before they are likely to go pro, but if either does go pro, specifically sgarbossa, then he could be a force. I remember he had a hat trick in exhibition last year and he is superquick despite being undersized... sounds like a 'lightning' fast player right now (st. louis?).

i dunno much about the other college FA's that dougie signed, but it would be great if one of htem stepped up, though it's unlikely.

In net, there are tons of choices. Stalock is still the heir apparent assuming he is healthy and griess could still step in for spot duty if needed (I'd rather have him or stalock than niity personally). However, the nets are pretty much decided for the near future, so not much to talk about here. In fact, I could see dougie trading one of his many goaltending prospects in a deal to get a dman. Stalock, sateri, heemskerk, and anderson are all potentially valuable chips to a team looking for goaltending help.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just FYI Greiss will be a UFA come July 1st. He didn't play enough games at the NHL level for the Sharks to retain his rights.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just FYI Greiss will be a UFA come July 1st. He didn't play enough games at the NHL level for the Sharks to retain his rights.

Awesome... good luck to him with whichever team he ends up with. Hopefully they don't treat him like Dougie did...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
any word on how stalock is recovering from his nasty injury? He was kinda the heir apparent to the nets and it would still be nice to have him, not niity, as the back up to nemo next year. if he spends a couple years backing up, it could make him valuable and give dougie some options in net, particularly in trade.

Bowlby

The DON
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
any word on how stalock is recovering from his nasty injury? He was kinda the heir apparent to the nets and it would still be nice to have him, not niity, as the back up to nemo next year. if he spends a couple years backing up, it could make him valuable and give dougie some options in net, particularly in trade.

i havent seen anything