• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kings' top prospects according to HF

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10...
#1 Tanner Pearson - LW
#2 Valentin Zykov - RW
#3 Brayden McNabb - D
#4 Nikolai Prokhorkin - LW
#5 Adrian Kempe - C
#6 Roland McKeown - D
#7 Derek Forbort - D
#8 Jordan Weal - C
#9 Nick Shore - C
#10 Michael Mersch - RW

What do you guys think? Are these the top 10 prospects in your opinion as well? Do you think any of the prospects can make the Kings roster and make an impact on the Kings this season? Really like Tanner Pearson's chances.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pearson should be with the club opening day, although he could be sent down just for cap purposes because he doesn't have to clear waivers to rejoin the big club (Toffoli might be in this same category). But after how they both performed in the playoffs last year don't see how they're not on the team opening day.

McNabb will be given every chance to fill Willie Mitchell's spot on the roster, so he should be on the team opening day as well. He has until maybe January to perform before Deano & Daryl decide to go forward with him or not.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That list looks pretty good. I might have put goaltender J.F. Berube in that top 10 somewhere. Maybe knocking out one of the 2 untested '14 draft picks but that's just me. I agree with histking that Pearson and McNabb have the best shots at making the opening night roster. Pearson should actually be a lock just for his speed if nothing else because for once the Kings have a forward with speed who actually has good hands and can hit the net with his shot.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pearson should actually be a lock just for his speed if nothing else because for once the Kings have a forward with speed who actually has good hands and can hit the net with his shot.

Ox

I sense a little reference to HOS there...

=)~~

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That list looks pretty good. I might have put goaltender J.F. Berube in that top 10 somewhere. Maybe knocking out one of the 2 untested '14 draft picks but that's just me. I agree with histking that Pearson and McNabb have the best shots at making the opening night roster. Pearson should actually be a lock just for his speed if nothing else because for once the Kings have a forward with speed who actually has good hands and can hit the net with his shot.

Ox

True Ox, Berube should've been mentioned. I guess that being a prospective goalie in the Kings' system isn't very prospective right now.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True Ox, Berube should've been mentioned. I guess that being a prospective goalie in the Kings' system isn't very prospective right now.

Yeah you have a point there. Although not in the next couple of years I think Berube will be an NHL goalie with someone even if it isn't the Kings.

Ox

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you have a point there. Although not in the next couple of years I think Berube will be an NHL goalie with someone even if it isn't the Kings.

Ox

Very possible Ox, who knows, maybe he could be the coach of the Kings if Jones were to falter. After all, who thought Jones would make the team last year with Bernier & then Scrivens on the team? Things change fast, all it takes is something unexpected like an injury.