• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 50 Hockey Players of All-Time

Most Underrated Player?

• Total voters

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same can be said for Gretzky after leaving Edmonton, yes? In Edmonton, he never had a minus season (his worst being +15 twice). After leaving Edmonton, he had more minus seasons than plus.

Oh, definitely Edmonton helped Gretzky - particularly by providing him with teammates that could cover for him defensively (Kurri), but with Esposito, he went from a solid, borderline Top 10 offensive talent on the Blackhawks at 25 years-old to becoming the best scoring center in hockey in one year. And then he leaves the Bruins with another 60 Goal, 130 Point season to go to the Rangers, and he immediately falls from Art Ross range back down outside of the top twenty in scoring with a minus-40.

It was a perfect situation for him in Boston, and I think putting him ahead of Clarke might have been generous!

Eddie_Shack said:
I don't think we should take Q's list too seriously. It's a who's who of the top fifty players, maybe a little slanted towards the 90s but it's obvious he juggled some things around to ruffle some feathers. It cracked me up. I just want to know, where the hell is Sylvain Lefebvre?

Lefebvre and Eric Messier are #51 and #52 respectively, obviously.

Like I said, everything after number twenty or so is pretty much a dead-heat, because so little separates everyone, so it's not worth taking stock in any of it. And yes, the positioning of Stevens/Brodeur and Coffey/Lidstrom is agenda-based. Do I believe it? Sure, but I know that I'm alone in thinking those things. But the surprise Orr/Tretiak switcheroo? That's pure art!

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like this should be moved to the general board, so we get a bigger base of contributing to such a fine thread :wave:

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefebvre and Eric Messier are #51 and #52 respectively, obviously.

Like I said, everything after number twenty or so is pretty much a dead-heat, because so little separates everyone, so it's not worth taking stock in any of it. And yes, the positioning of Stevens/Brodeur and Coffey/Lidstrom is agenda-based. Do I believe it? Sure, but I know that I'm alone in thinking those things. But the surprise Orr/Tretiak switcheroo? That's pure art!

Dude, that was the most elaborate setup to the best one liner I've ever seen on this board. Hilarious.

I feel like this should be moved to the general board, so we get a bigger base of contributing to such a fine thread :wave:

Wouldn't it just be a bunch of football fans asking "Who the fuck is Mario Lemieux???"

Or do I underestimate the general board?

quoipourquoi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcel Dionne at 49 is BLASPHAMY. What a joke.

If docking Marcel Dionne a few points for not being a Spring-time player is blasphemy, then he must be the least powerful deity in the universe to have never made it out of the second-round. Fucking Alex Ovechkin already has more playoff points than Dionne, and that guy's a total douche. :tongue:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If docking Marcel Dionne a few points for not being a Spring-time player is blasphemy, then he must be the least powerful deity in the universe to have never made it out of the second-round. Fucking Alex Ovechkin already has more playoff points than Dionne, and that guy's a total douche. :tongue:

The Kings were a 1 line team with a goalie. He was a great player. His numbers speak for themselves.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a couple more that I feel were slighted,and could be argued for placement in top 50
Dale Hawerchuk-this is a definite
Doug Gilmour
Mark Recchi
Adam Oates-ask Brett Hull

Last edited by a moderator:

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings were a 1 line team with a goalie. He was a great player. His numbers speak for themselves.

I agree with you bolts. Too often a players career/greatness is measured by team accomplishments. I guess that means Trent Dilfer and Doug Williams were better QB's than Dan Marino

quoipourquoi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you bolts. Too often a players career/greatness is measured by team accomplishments. I guess that means Trent Dilfer and Doug Williams were better QB's than Dan Marino

Did Dan Marino's playoff passing percentage drop the equivalent of 1.31 Points-Per-Game to 0.92 Points-Per-Game in the highest scoring era? Did Dan Marino play in a league where anywhere between 66.7-76.2 percent of teams made the playoffs at the end of each season?

Dave Taylor out-pointed him practically every Spring. Dave Taylor.

If I fucked over Marcel Dionne by giving him #49, then the depraved shit I did to Ron Francis at #50 is going to be the opening to next week's Law & Order: SVU.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3