• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 50 Hockey Players of All-Time

Most Underrated Player?

• Total voters

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do birds such as yourself police the five-second rule?

Our rule is, if it's only in the air for 5 seconds or less then it's all good.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to vote Marty because 1: biased duh, 2: I wanted him to have atleast 1 vote, and 3: the man wins the stanley cup but loses MVP to the losing goaltender?!

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to vote Marty because 1: biased duh, 2: I wanted him to have atleast 1 vote, and 3: the man wins the stanley cup but loses MVP to the losing goaltender?!

#3 definitely is a good reason to vote for Martin. The 6 votes for Lidstrom are bogus simply because he's won the Norris 7 times, including last year when he was a MINUS 2!!! How does that coincide with being underrated? Sorry folks, but I'm not buying it. Whenever I hear wings talk on Versus or the NHL network, the 2 names mentioned most of the time are Datsyuk and Lidstrom.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orr has 8,so I,m surprised he's not listed.

None of those guys on that list are underrated IMO-except for the obvious choice-Ricci

I picked Trots because I rarely hear his name mentioned when great players are discussed. And Orr has 8 in a row, but I guess I'm just being picky now :hockeysmile:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#3 definitely is a good reason to vote for Martin. The 6 votes for Lidstrom are bogus simply because he's won the Norris 7 times, including last year when he was a MINUS 2!!! How does that coincide with being underrated? Sorry folks, but I'm not buying it. Whenever I hear wings talk on Versus or the NHL network, the 2 names mentioned most of the time are Datsyuk and Lidstrom.

The Norris has been a name recognition thing for some time. Almost always the player deserves AND has the career accomplishments to back it up.

I think last year was an exception and I'll leave it at that.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orr is #1
I don't know if you put in order-if so Esposito is way too low at #27.
A few guys that are top 50 all time IMO-Perrault,P.Stastny and F.Mahovlich

I definitely agree with your assessment of Espo. 10th all time in reg. season points, 12th in points per game, 5th in goals, 12th in goals per game, 3rd in PP goals (45 more than Gretzky), 1st in game winning goals (27 more than Gretzky), 21st in assists, and he isn't even in the top 25 for games played. A little research goes a long way.

List of NHL statistical leaders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Norris has been a name recognition thing for some time. Almost always the player deserves AND has the career accomplishments to back it up.

I think last year was an exception and I'll leave it at that.

I only mentioned that to show why he shouldn't be considered underrated, that's all.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I have him down as the 7th best defenseman, because I still like Coffey and Potvin more. I know I'm in the minority, but I just really like Paul Coffey as a player.

Psssh. Comparing a drag race car to James Bond's Aston Martin. The drag racer is good at one thing. One thing only. In James Bond's car, you can kill commies, shoot down a helicopter, drop an oil slick, and get some wicked roadie all at the same time. It's not even a conversation.

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely agree with your assessment of Espo. 10th all time in reg. season points, 12th in points per game, 5th in goals, 12th in goals per game, 3rd in PP goals (45 more than Gretzky), 1st in game winning goals (27 more than Gretzky), 21st in assists, and he isn't even in the top 25 for games played. A little research goes a long way.

You know what else goes a long way? Playing with Bobby fucking Orr! :p

Phil Esposito
With Boston: 1012 points in 625 games
Without Boston: 578 points in 657 games

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Psssh. Comparing a drag race car to James Bond's Aston Martin. The drag racer is good at one thing. One thing only. In James Bond's car, you can kill commies, shoot down a helicopter, drop an oil slick, and get some wicked roadie all at the same time. It's not even a conversation.

James Bond's Aston Martin is ranked somewhere between Beliveau and Jagr. It lost points for lack of human emotion as well.

lidstrom.jpg

I know now why you cry, but it is something I could never do.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what else goes a long way? Playing with Bobby fucking Orr! :p

Phil Esposito
With Boston: 1012 points in 625 games
Without Boston: 578 points in 657 games

The same can be said for Gretzky after leaving Edmonton, yes? In Edmonton, he never had a minus season (his worst being +15 twice). After leaving Edmonton, he had more minus seasons than plus.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. I've always thought Coffey was overrated as far as being a defenseman is concerned. I do agree with quoi on Potvin. He's in the discussion for top 5 easily.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Bond's Aston Martin is ranked somewhere between Beliveau and Jagr. It lost points for lack of human emotion as well.

lidstrom.jpg

I know now why you cry, but it is something I could never do.

"COME HERE PAVEL. I REQUIRE ANOTHER WD-40 NASAL INJECTION."

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q your avatar is cracking me up!!!!!!

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we should take Q's list too seriously. It's a who's who of the top fifty players, maybe a little slanted towards the 90s but it's obvious he juggled some things around to ruffle some feathers. It cracked me up. I just want to know, where the hell is Sylvain Lefebvre?