• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im 100% in the trade down and collect picks for next year camp. if richardson is there at 5, some dumbass team will give us their future 1st.
Just saw a mock where the Seahawks trade the #5 pick to the Raiders for #7,#71 and a 5th round pick ( The Athletic) yikes that would suck.

Espn did a mock where Seahawks trade down to the Panthers #9 pick for an extra 2nd, 3rd, and 5th.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Winners​

Anthony Richardson, Florida | Grade: A​

Well, obviiiiously. Setting combine records at the quarterback position will get you an "A" every time, and Richardson did so in the vertical and broad jump at a ridiculously thick 244 pounds. The 4.43 in the 40 was phenomenal, too. Throwing the ball, the velocity was apparent and the three 60-yard bombs in the final drill of the afternoon for the quarterbacks were all gorgeous. Only a few misses in the intermediate route drills kept this from being an A+. The backflip to end the day was a fitting exclamation mark. Richardson is the most athletic -- and one of the largest -- quarterbacks we've seen at the combine.

C.J. Stroud, Ohio State | Grade: A-​

Grading on a curve here with Stroud, because we only saw him on the field throwing the football, which everyone agrees is where he thrives. It's the athleticism we wanted to see, but the Ohio State stud (probably smartly) decided not to do any of the athletic testing.

On the field, throwing the ball, Stroud was surgical. I only noticed one clear-cut miss on a deep corner route, and his effortless stroke was so graceful. The ball jumped out of his hands, too. I feel Stroud has deceptive arm strength. Stroud's first long-ball throw was well underthrown. The next two were dimes.

Stetson Bennett, Georgia | Grade: A-​

No one was expecting Bennett to be ridiculously slow, but his 4.67 official was an impressive time. Throwing the ball, Bennett was clearly comfortable all afternoon, throwing with pinpoint ball placement and demonstrating surprising throwing power, especially on the long balls that were all gorgeous.

Bennett continues to beat the odds and feels like a quarterback who will hear his name called on draft weekend. Might even be earlier on Day 3 than initially expected.

Will Levis, Kentucky | Grade: B+​

Levis threw it well. Not magnificently. On the long-ball "driving range" throw, to borrow a term from Daniel Jeremiah on the broadcast, Levis' first pass was underthrown, the second was a little better, and it wasn't until the third deep shot that Levis really let it rip. He was mostly accurate on the other throws, not pinpoint.

The Kentucky star declined to run the 40-yard dash and had a 34-inch vertical, which was the fifth-highest among nine quarterbacks who participated in that drill. Good, not great, particularly for someone billed as an freaky athletic specimen. Now, the 10-foot-4 broad was the second-best behind Richardson. Overall, a solid day for Levis.

Losers​

Dorian Thompson-Robinson, UCLA | Grade: C​

It wasn't all bad for Thompson-Robinson. Really wasn't. His 4.56 in the 40 is moving for a quarterback, and his 10-foot-1 in the broad jump was the fourth-best at the quarterback spot. Throwing the ball, he struggled. Accuracy, timing, anticipation, rhythm, and it was even apparent he doesn't have a big-time arm when he had to throw the deep out, post corner, and long ball.

Tanner McKee, Stanford | Grade: C-​

I'm surprised McKee worked out, because he didn't look like a quality athlete on film by today's quarterback standards. He had tied for the lowest broad jump at 9-foot-6, and his 33-inch vertical wasn't brutal but was the third-lowest at the position. On the field, McKee's unique delivery spit out some inaccurate passes at all levels, and his arm strength was lacking.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Winners​

Anthony Richardson, Florida | Grade: A​

Well, obviiiiously. Setting combine records at the quarterback position will get you an "A" every time, and Richardson did so in the vertical and broad jump at a ridiculously thick 244 pounds. The 4.43 in the 40 was phenomenal, too. Throwing the ball, the velocity was apparent and the three 60-yard bombs in the final drill of the afternoon for the quarterbacks were all gorgeous. Only a few misses in the intermediate route drills kept this from being an A+. The backflip to end the day was a fitting exclamation mark. Richardson is the most athletic -- and one of the largest -- quarterbacks we've seen at the combine.

C.J. Stroud, Ohio State | Grade: A-​

Grading on a curve here with Stroud, because we only saw him on the field throwing the football, which everyone agrees is where he thrives. It's the athleticism we wanted to see, but the Ohio State stud (probably smartly) decided not to do any of the athletic testing.

On the field, throwing the ball, Stroud was surgical. I only noticed one clear-cut miss on a deep corner route, and his effortless stroke was so graceful. The ball jumped out of his hands, too. I feel Stroud has deceptive arm strength. Stroud's first long-ball throw was well underthrown. The next two were dimes.

Stetson Bennett, Georgia | Grade: A-​

No one was expecting Bennett to be ridiculously slow, but his 4.67 official was an impressive time. Throwing the ball, Bennett was clearly comfortable all afternoon, throwing with pinpoint ball placement and demonstrating surprising throwing power, especially on the long balls that were all gorgeous.

Bennett continues to beat the odds and feels like a quarterback who will hear his name called on draft weekend. Might even be earlier on Day 3 than initially expected.

Will Levis, Kentucky | Grade: B+​

Levis threw it well. Not magnificently. On the long-ball "driving range" throw, to borrow a term from Daniel Jeremiah on the broadcast, Levis' first pass was underthrown, the second was a little better, and it wasn't until the third deep shot that Levis really let it rip. He was mostly accurate on the other throws, not pinpoint.

The Kentucky star declined to run the 40-yard dash and had a 34-inch vertical, which was the fifth-highest among nine quarterbacks who participated in that drill. Good, not great, particularly for someone billed as an freaky athletic specimen. Now, the 10-foot-4 broad was the second-best behind Richardson. Overall, a solid day for Levis.

Losers​

Dorian Thompson-Robinson, UCLA | Grade: C​

It wasn't all bad for Thompson-Robinson. Really wasn't. His 4.56 in the 40 is moving for a quarterback, and his 10-foot-1 in the broad jump was the fourth-best at the quarterback spot. Throwing the ball, he struggled. Accuracy, timing, anticipation, rhythm, and it was even apparent he doesn't have a big-time arm when he had to throw the deep out, post corner, and long ball.

Tanner McKee, Stanford | Grade: C-​

I'm surprised McKee worked out, because he didn't look like a quality athlete on film by today's quarterback standards. He had tied for the lowest broad jump at 9-foot-6, and his 33-inch vertical wasn't brutal but was the third-lowest at the position. On the field, McKee's unique delivery spit out some inaccurate passes at all levels, and his arm strength was lacking.
Big fat stay away from McKee. But DTR in the later rounds isn’t a bad pickup for a project since he could be valuable at other positions.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a mock where the Seahawks trade the #5 pick to the Raiders for #7,#71 and a 5th round pick ( The Athletic) yikes that would suck.

Espn did a mock where Seahawks trade down to the Panthers #9 pick for an extra 2nd, 3rd, and 5th.
A future first would have to be part of the deal, or no deal

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anthony Richardson
Florida · QB
Richardson was electric inside Lucas Oil Stadium on Saturday. He ran a 4.43 40-yard dash weighing 244 pounds, the fourth-best time by a combine QB since 2003. Also, he jumped like an elite receiver (40 1/2-inch vertical, 10-foot-9 broad jump). The vertical mark was a record for a combine QB since ’03. He quickly shifted his focus to the throwing drills after his 40 run. Richardson threw from a strong base and displayed easy velocity. The ball jumped out of his hand, whether he was firing 65-yard throws or 12-yard outs. The arc on his deep throws was majestic. His placement on outs and fades was not perfect, which matches his film, but Richardson put his alpha ability on display during the workout.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State: Stroud doesn't have size questions like Bryce Young or the ball placement/ turnover concerns that plague Will Levis and Anthony Richardson. Stroud is just really solid all around as a quarterback, even if his game hasn't generated as much buzz as the other three signal-callers. It should, though. Stroud is the prettiest passer of the entire quarterback group and a Day 1 starter in the pros. As one scout told me, Stroud is "so good it's boring." His throwing session definitely wasn't boring, though, as he demonstrated the touch, timing and ball placement that rank as the best of the QB group. -- Miller

i

Will Levis, QB, Kentucky: Levis said he was ready to show off his arm strength at the combine, and he appeared to be the best of the first group of passers. This was my first time seeing the likely top-five pick throw up close, and the ball comes out of his hand with so much velocity. His accuracy remained sporadic -- a major concern following last season -- and his development will hinge on creating more consistency with his lower body. That was the underlying reason behind many of his 23 interceptions over the past two seasons. Many evaluators feel like his flaws are correctable and that he can return to his 2021 form, when he had a breakout season. -- Reid

i

Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida: Not only did he break QB records for the vertical jump and broad jump and set a ridiculous 4.43 time in the 40-yard dash, Richardson sprayed the ball all over the field with improved accuracy during throwing drills. Richardson wasn't perfect, and you can see he still is working to make his improved footwork a habit as he throws different routes, but his accuracy to all areas of the field was markedly better than what we saw at Florida. He needed to come in and hit the underneath and intermediate throws that troubled him in college, and he largely did that. Richardson also had fans at Lucas Oil Stadium cheering with three absolute dimes on deep throws. It might feel reactionary to say Richardson won the combine, but for a player who needed to show improvement and development in his mechanics, this was a good day. And now he has ignited a conversation about his placement in this quarterback class. -- Miller

Stetson Bennett, QB, Georgia: Bennett put on an impressive showing on Saturday. At 5-foot-11 and 192 pounds, he ran a very strong 4.67-second run in the 40-yard dash to start the buzz on an overall solid workout, and he then was masterful in throwing the deep ball with timing and velocity. He also showed the arm strength to drive the ball to the boundary on numerous throws. Though he is thought to be a late-rounder or an undrafted free agent, I see Bennett's talent better suited to the middle of Day 3. Showing more velocity on his throws than expected should definitely help his stock. Bennett wasn't asked to make many advanced throws in the Georgia scheme, which led to assumptions about his pro-level ability, but he proved he has some solid arm talent and mobility. -- Miller

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Borrowed from another forum:
Anthony Richardson:

• 53.8% completion rate was 94th out of 98 collegiate QBs with at least 250 pass attempts in 2022.
  • 38% completion rate when pressured, which ranked 79th among qualifying passers.
  • 55.7% completion rate on throws of 5 or fewer Air Yards, second-worst among qualifying passers.
  • 54.2% completion rate on throws of 9 or fewer Air Yards, second-worst among qualifying passers.
  • Compiled a 53% completion rate over four years in high school, including 64.5% as a senior and 48.6% as a junior.
  • Ranked 92nd out of 98 qualifiers in completion rate on screen throws and quick outs. (78.9%)
  • 19.3% off-target rate was third-highest among qualifying passers in 2022.
  • Average time to throw was 3.23 seconds, third-highest according to Pro Football Focus.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres a ridiculously bad mock:

Seahawks take:
  • #10: WR Quentin Johnston, TCU
  • #20: RB Bijan Robinson, Texas
  • #30: TE Michael Mayer, Notre Dame
  • #37: DT Mazi Smith, Michigan
  • #61: OC Luke Wypler, Ohio State
  • #83: QB Hendon Hooker, Tennessee
  • #93: EDGE Karl Brooks, Bowling Green
  • #94: LB DeMarvion Overshown, Texas

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres a ridiculously bad mock:

Seahawks take:
  • #10: WR Quentin Johnston, TCU
  • #20: RB Bijan Robinson, Texas
  • #30: TE Michael Mayer, Notre Dame
  • #37: DT Mazi Smith, Michigan
  • #61: OC Luke Wypler, Ohio State
  • #83: QB Hendon Hooker, Tennessee
  • #93: EDGE Karl Brooks, Bowling Green
  • #94: LB DeMarvion Overshown, Texas

I don't think you could come up with a worse draft for the Seahawks. If the Seahawks were to draft a RB in the 1st round, I would 100% boycott watching them for 2023. Not that they are going to do that.

Someone claiming that a team, ANY team, should draft a WR3 with a top 10 pick should simply not be allowed to write about the NFL draft. To follow up with the No. 20 pick by saying that the Seahawks need more depth at RB is absolutely absurd.

And then a TE with their 3rd pick?

This was obviously just click bait.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not get the appeal of Richardson... a QB that has basically started one full year and barely threw 50% of completions while being nowhere near the runner Newton/Jackson was..... again, I don't get it... someone explain it to me. "He has all the physical tools" blah blah blah.. so do a lot of other QBs that don't need to be drafted in the top 10 let alone top 100... guy has Malik Willis written all over him.

I would actually be shocked if Richardson is drafted in the 1st let alone 2nd round.. I know there are a lot of QB desperate teams, but any team that draft him in the 1st (including the Seahawks) gets an auto F grade from me.
The appeal is he's super athletic. His overall play is what's being ignored.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect that the hype won't last to the draft.

Agreed, I would be shocked if someone takes him in the top 10 let alone 1st round. I think it'll be Malik Willis 2.0.

That said, if someone wants to trade for him for our #5 I'm all for it, because the 2024 1st we should get will likely be another top 5 pick.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, I would be shocked if someone takes him in the top 10 let alone 1st round. I think it'll be Malik Willis 2.0.

That said, if someone wants to trade for him for our #5 I'm all for it, because the 2024 1st we should get will likely be another top 5 pick.

He's not Malik Willis but he does have huge question marks.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not Malik Willis but he does have huge question marks.

I am not trying to sound like a dick, this is a legitimate question - but how is he not Malik Willis?

Malik was a great athlete, cannon arm, I remember last year people saying, "WILLIS TO METCALF!" etc. Willis performed about the same in College over roughly the same sample size (actually was better lol). I just don't get the Richardson love, like AT ALL.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not trying to sound like a dick, this is a legitimate question - but how is he not Malik Willis?

Malik was a great athlete, cannon arm, I remember last year people saying, "WILLIS TO METCALF!" etc. Willis performed about the same in College over roughly the same sample size (actually was better lol). I just don't get the Richardson love, like AT ALL.

Well first off Willis played at Liberty and played poorly whenever they played somewhat better teams. He's 3 inches shorter and 30 lbs lighter. And Richardson is an absolute athletic freak which I don't think Willis was to the same degree.

Don't get me wrong. I want nothing to do with him. He screams bust to me.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bryce Young had a good weekend. Coming in at 205 lbs definitely helped him.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also measured 5'10 which is 2 inches shorter than his listed height.

If Bryce Young is 5'10 let alone 6 feet, then I'm the new moderator of this forum... and we all know that will never happen.