• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odds are that either 1 or 2 of these QBs will fall and I feel that not everyone should believe the hype. I remember last year with Malik Willis how some people believe he should have been a 1st rounder and that Seattle should take him with our 2nd round pick. Don't get me wrong I would like for us to draft a QB that could develop into a top tier player as I think Geno will be creeping on being old sooner than we think. Personally I do believe in PC and JS if given the right player could really develop them with time. I think Geno sitting on our bench for 3 years was what he needed to really take in the offense and fill his role. Franchise tagging him and drafting a young QB would be my ideal scenario.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 of those TDs were against Vanderbilt.

Richardson against Georgia: 18/37 271 yards, 1 TD, 0 Int
Stroud against Georgia: 23/34 348 yards, 4 Tds, 0 Int
Levis against Georgia: 20/31 206 Yards, 1 TD, 1 Int
Levis 2021 against Georgia: 32/42 192 yards, 2 TDs, 0 Ints

I know which QB I'd want. That said, the argument for Richardson isnt stats. Its development. I do think at some point Levis is going to be seen as the consensus QB4. When you're factoring in rushing TDs Richardson actually had great games against Texas A&M and South Carolina.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"We are totally connected to the quarterbacks that are coming out," Carroll told reporters at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis. "This is a really huge opportunity for us. It's a rare opportunity. We've been drafting in the low 20s for such a long time; you just don't get the chance with these guys. So we're deeply involved with all that."

In addition to picks Nos. 5 and 20 overall, the Seahawks own an extra second-rounder from Denver and 10 selections in all. Schneider was asked why it might still make sense to draft a quarterback high even if they re-sign Smith.

"Because they don't grow on trees," Schneider said. "It's probably the hardest position to acquire a talent, a guy that everybody feels very confident in."

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle Seahawks: Nos. 5 and 20 overall​

Head coach Pete Carroll and quarterback Geno Smith drastically exceeded expectations by reaching the playoffs. It makes sense to commit another year or two to Smith, but Seattle cannot punt on the idea of taking a quarterback altogether. It is tough to envision the Seahawks ever being in a position to draft this early in the foreseeable future considering their proclivity to overdeliver. It would be a mistake to over-invest in a 32-year-old quarterback. If Smith is a bridge to whichever quarterback they select at No. 5 overall, that is a much easier pill to swallow.

For the sake of this exercise, the Seahawks select Kentucky quarterback Will Levis. Seattle offensive coordinator Shane Waldron was on Sean Mcvay's Los Angeles staff with Liam Coen, who served as Levis' offensive coordinator and position coach in 2021. Insider trading is just a phone call away.

In most mock draft scenarios, the board does not fall in favor of the NFC West franchise at No. 20 overall. It is usually in a position to add offensive skill talent. Tyler Lockett could be entering his final season with the team, so USC wide receiver Jordan Addison is added to support Levis.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Head coach Pete Carroll and quarterback Geno Smith drastically exceeded expectations by reaching the playoffs. It makes sense to commit another year or two to Smith, but Seattle cannot punt on the idea of taking a quarterback altogether. It is tough to envision the Seahawks ever being in a position to draft this early in the foreseeable future considering their proclivity to overdeliver. It would be a mistake to over-invest in a 32-year-old quarterback. If Smith is a bridge to whichever quarterback they select at No. 5 overall, that is a much easier pill to swallow.

For the sake of this exercise, the Seahawks select Kentucky quarterback Will Levis. Seattle offensive coordinator Shane Waldron was on Sean Mcvay's Los Angeles staff with Liam Coen, who served as Levis' offensive coordinator and position coach in 2021. Insider trading is just a phone call away.

In most mock draft scenarios, the board does not fall in favor of the NFC West franchise at No. 20 overall. It is usually in a position to add offensive skill talent. Tyler Lockett could be entering his final season with the team, so USC wide receiver Jordan Addison is added to support Levis.
passing on defense isnt an option

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they go QB-WR with the first two picks, I may just skip watching the 2023 season. That level of disdain for the defense would be malpractice.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they go QB-WR with the first two picks, I may just skip watching the 2023 season. That level of disdain for the defense would be malpractice.
Absolute dereliction of duty

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1677870202046.png

I haven't done a lot of mocks myself, but I'd decided to go through this one. I enjoyed it, and if this were to be something the Hawks ended up with, I'd be happy with that. I didn't go in thinking I'd draft a QB at 1.5 but it fell the way it did. I think the Torrence pick at #20 is probably the most Seahawk pick of the draft.

1677870506724.png

This is the first round.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I'm reading, McDonald is unlikely to escape the 1st round. No interior linemen drafted would be concerning.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I'm reading, McDonald is unlikely to escape the 1st round. No interior linemen drafted would be concerning.

Yeah, I'm sure it gets different when actual people get involved (and draft actually gets closer). I only get to choose what's available at the time. The settings were at prioritize fan choices, team need and position value. However PFF does that, this was the result.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm sure it gets different when actual people get involved (and draft actually gets closer). I only get to choose what's available at the time. The settings were at prioritize fan choices, team need and position value. However PFF does that, this was the result.

Yeah. They are fun to do but obviously not very realistic. Mocks are going to start to change a lot next week post-combine.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. They are fun to do but obviously not very realistic. Mocks are going to start to change a lot next week post-combine.

I've just tried not to do many of them so that I can't just post the ones that went the way I want.

Even if he escapes the situation he's finding himself in, I don't know if Carter goes top 3. Just one example of how this mock will likely change as the actual draft approaches.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've just tried not to do many of them so that I can't just post the ones that went the way I want.

Even if he escapes the situation he's finding himself in, I don't know if Carter goes top 3. Just one example of how this mock will likely change as the actual draft approaches.

I think Carter will really need to wow people in his interviews at the combine.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Carter will really need to wow people in his interviews at the combine.

He may end up going to a better team because this and if he keeps himself clean, this could have actually been a blessing in disguise (only speaking from his football career perspective, nothing else). Time will tell.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may end up going to a better team because this and if he keeps himself clean, this could have actually been a blessing in disguise (only speaking from his football career perspective, nothing else). Time will tell.

Maybe. His specific crimes are indicative of immaturity and recklessness rather than malice. If he can show genuine contrition, I can still see him going top 5.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. His specific crimes are indicative of immaturity and recklessness rather than malice. If he can show genuine contrition, I can still see him going top 5.
I know, Malik McDowell comes to mind though :(

Reactions: MrS

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. McDowell screwed himself because he had severe injuries from his actions.

Well, from the sounds of this incident, it coulda just as easily been Carter in the car that wrecked.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, from the sounds of this incident, it coulda just as easily been Carter in the car that wrecked.

Oh for sure. Carter could have died. There is a reason why street racing is illegal.

But he didn't. One would hope his days of street racing are over.