• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Johnny Manziel" Superthread

When Will Manziel Be Taken

• Total voters

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to make a bet on this though... He probably won't be a bench warmer with the hype surrounding him, so clearly someone is going to make him a starter day 1 and subsequently waste their year on him. I'd have to wait and see which division he falls in before I threw out a specific bet.

No, you make the bet before he's drafted and the year starts. Why should the bet be put in your favor by waiting it out? If you're confident he will suck and not start, you make the bet now. I know he'll be a starter from day 1, baring any injury, on the team that drafts him.

germanjohn

Splendiferous Puddin' Pop
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you even IMAGINE how gratifying it would be to witness an Aaron Rodgers-type slide for Johnny? :drool:

That would still be the peak of his career. He needs to go undrafted, even though it won't happen.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont believe Manziel will get past the Raiders at 5.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Cleveland, I would trade the pick too. Maybe i'm out in left field, but I think Hoyer deserves another shot.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel is in for such a rude awakening starting next year. I cannot wait.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, because you have to have played sports at a professional level to have a valid opinion on said sport. :gaah:

No one said that. But I do think playing the game provides more insight to the game.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Work ethic will determine his success. He's got the tools, will he lean toward the "good life?" We've seen how he has handled stardom as yet.

I say he can do it, time will tell if he puts the work in.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Work ethic will determine his success. He's got the tools, will he lean toward the "good life?" We've seen how he has handled stardom as yet.

I say he can do it, time will tell if he puts the work in.

What tools? What is he above average at at an NFL level? He's a below average athlete. He's a below average passer. He's below average mentally.

What does he do well enough to even be above average at in the NFL?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What tools? What is he above average at at an NFL level? He's a below average athlete. He's a below average passer. He's below average mentally.

What does he do well enough to even be above average at in the NFL?

Reasons like this is why he's been working on this stuff during the whole off-season. Give it a rest already, we all know how you strongly despise him. It's kind of getting annoying now honestly.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what a lot of people are forgetting is that there is a 4 year age difference between the rookies coming out and Cousins/Mallett. You need to have a really, really high opinion of someone to give up 4 years of play.

My guess is that the Browns trade a 2nd to move up and take Bridgewater ahead of JAX and they have the better pick than Oakland so they can do that. JAX I think would be happy with Clowney so they'll let them. The Browns have a 2nd 1st rounder so they can get an elite WR prospect just due to the nature of this draft.

True, but I'm not THAT concerned about Mallet or Cousins from an age standpoint, both are 25 or 26...each has a good 10 to 12 yr window.

If CLE was assured of Bortles or Bridgewater @ 4, do it...then I would add another WR with 26...but reaching for a QB like Manziel @ 4 is a mistake imo...I know they have Mingo/Kruger/Sheard on the edge and Taylor inside, but they could upgrade the RT with a stud, upgrade the ILB spot with Mosley, or complement Hayden...I know those guys at the latter positions don't warrant the 4th pick overall, but the 3rd QB off the board doesn't either.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reasons like this is why he's been working on this stuff during the whole off-season. Give it a rest already, we all know how you strongly despise him. It's kind of getting annoying now honestly.

So you're admitting he's below average at literally everything at the NFL level, but think he can fix things he hasn't fixed in 20 years in an offseason or two?:doh:

I don't hate him. He just does not have any tools whatsoever and does not deserve even a training camp tryout. He isn't good enough.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL...I hear ya...On JF...JDM actually has some good points there on the physical stuff...I think he's plenty smart enough. The biggest question I have about him as a pro is can he adapt his game? I say this because the league was already seen players with his skillset and he's not as good as those that have come before him with similar skillsets.

OAK @ 5 is way too high for his game imo, but I really think the west coast is the best landing spot for him.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...I hear ya...On JF...JDM actually has some good points there on the physical stuff...I think he's plenty smart enough. The biggest question I have about him as a pro is can he adapt his game? I say this because the league was already seen players with his skillset and he's not as good as those that have come before him with similar skillsets.

OAK @ 5 is way too high for his game imo, but I really think the west coast is the best landing spot for him.

He wont make it past the 4 spot, IMO. He will work on his mechanics and his work ethic, he'll be fine.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He hasn't shown to be capable of consistently making college reads. What evidence is there he'll magically be able to make NFL ones?

He doesn't go out of his way to seem particularly focused either.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk, he's got the tools. Top performer in every category among QB's? Physical tools are there. Just get him on a team with a good OL and he can probably do some really good stuff.

Top performer when where what categories? His ability to out run guys in college was his best asset yet Clowney ran a faster time then him. Being fast in college is nice being fast in the Pros is not the same ask Griffin. Manziel has a tendency to just throw the ball up when in panic mode and hope receiver come down with, that won't cut it for long in the NFL. I am worried about his accuracy NFL windows are a lot tighter I mean a lot tighter.

2013 NCAA Division I-A College Football Individual Statistics Leaders for Passing - ESPN

Look at the INTs and remember the window scenario. That is what worries me.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't shown to be capable of consistently making college reads. What evidence is there he'll magically be able to make NFL ones?

He doesn't go out of his way to seem particularly focused either.

So working all off-season to make himself a smarter and better QB means nothing? That doesn't make him ''go out of his way''?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So working all off-season to make himself a smarter and better QB means nothing? That doesn't make him ''go out of his way''?

Says who? His agent? Other equally biased parties?

But you don't draft a guy in the first three rounds with no measurable abilities in the hope one day he progresses to an average skill set. The premise is stupid.