• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Johnny Manziel" Superthread

When Will Manziel Be Taken

• Total voters

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wont make it past the 4 spot, IMO. He will work on his mechanics and his work ethic, he'll be fine.

CLE is desperate and imo functionally challenged in the FO so I wouldn't wager much, but a sleeve of PV1s would at least make it interesting come draft day. I'm game for that...I say 5th to OAK or lower.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might suck, but Jaws saying it'll be so doesn't convince me of it. Jaws was a Vince Young fan, among other failures. He makes mistakes just like everyone else.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't shown to be capable of consistently making college reads. What evidence is there he'll magically be able to make NFL ones?

He doesn't go out of his way to seem particularly focused either.

We're talking about a guy that GMs are getting ready to invest $20 mil in as a top 10 pick. Watching 2 yrs ago, to this past season I did see growth...a QB that was more willing to extend the play to pass vs a guy trying to make plays on his own 2 seasons ago.

Still...I'm more inline with you that his game as we've seen it doesn't translate to productive NFL starter. To say he can't adapt his game...I'm in wait and see mode with Manziel.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top performer when where what categories? His ability to out run guys in college was his best asset yet Clowney ran a faster time then him. Being fast in college is nice being fast in the Pros is not the same ask Griffin. Manziel has a tendency to just throw the ball up when in panic mode and hope receiver come down with, that won't cut it for long in the NFL. I am worried about his accuracy NFL windows are a lot tighter I mean a lot tighter.

2013 NCAA Division I-A College Football Individual Statistics Leaders for Passing - ESPN

Look at the INTs and remember the window scenario. That is what worries me.

That wasn't his fault.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're talking about a guy that GMs are getting ready to invest $20 mil in as a top 10 pick. Watching 2 yrs ago, to this past season I did see growth...a QB that was more willing to extend the play to pass vs a guy trying to make plays on his own 2 seasons ago.

Still...I'm more inline with you that his game as we've seen it doesn't translate to productive NFL starter. To say he can't adapt his game...I'm in wait and see mode with Manziel.

GMs of teams with early picks are almost invariably stupid.

If he magically learns to throw maybe he can get to being a bottom tier starter, maybe. You can't adapt when you don't have the talent. The NFL chews out and spits out jokes like him every year. Most just aren't drafted that high.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Engage in a discussion about great quarterbacks and Jaws isn't even mentioned.

He's such a douche. Who cares what he thinks about anything?

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well the guys on PTI sure like him and as I said I respect his opinion more than Kiper

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we just make sure Manziel goes to Oakland

Is he not perfect for the silver and black?!?!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he's perfect for the Texans, then the Titans will only have to worry about the Colts in the division for the next 5 yrs. :hope:

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he's perfect for the Texans, then the Titans will only have to worry about the Colts in the division for the next 5 yrs. :hope:

Oh no doubt as a division rival of the Texans you should be hoping they choose ANYONE but Clowney. Lord a DL of Clowney and Watt!!!!

Stls line is pretty ridiculous with Quinn and Long. Texans would def be a notch higher (assuming Clowney is trying.....)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a sports analyst who said he got on an elevator the other day with both Houston and Indy scouts. When the Houston scouts got off the elevator the Indy scouts said "God I hope they don't draft Clowney that would be a nightmare." So yes Houston drafting Manziel would be just about a dream come true for everybody else in that division.

As for Manziel in Oakland. He definitely has that cocky attitude that fits with the old Raider way of things. He also has that southern California way about him. So yeah I could see him fitting right in. My guess though is Cleveland will be his ultimate landing spot.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw Jaws play as an Eagle...he was a pretty good player, but not great by any stretch.

Actually in his role of breaking down film, what went wrong, what went right, what should've happened...imo he's pretty good.

Can he project how a rookie is going to do in the NFL? Probably not his best role.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaws watched 4 games of JF at A&M, give me a fucking break. And conveniently those were the games he struggled just a bit in, compared to the stats he had of games Jaws didn't view.

Once again, he also said Weeden would be a good QB. He has zero creditibility to me.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaws watched 4 games of JF at A&M, give me a fucking break. And conveniently those were the games he struggled just a bit in, compared to the stats he had of games Jaws didn't view.

Once again, he also said Weeden would be a good QB. He has zero creditibility to me.

I didn't know he stated which games he watched.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he doesn't end up in Minnesota i'll be happy...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be in Cleveland.

Yep… He's got Cleveland written all over him. And I can't wait for that because he is going to get his ass handed to him in the AFCN

I'm surprised that johnnydollaz hasn't come in here arguing about Manziel's offseason workouts and how he's going to kick ass in the NFL…. :whistle: