• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2021 Recruiting Thread

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flip side, the BIG/PAC have more time to recruit vs other conferences and that could be more important

*If other conferences decide to push forward
Hey man you should come visit us when our season starts, the real season **if airports are not snowed in**

Yeah chess not checkers..LOL

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure the 2021 class effect this will really have, unless maybe players are reclassifying.

As i've mentioned before, Ohio State is likely fine but there could be more of a effect on the lower B1G schools when it comes to out of state players.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure the 2021 class effect this will really have, unless maybe players are reclassifying.

As i've mentioned before, Ohio State is likely fine but there could be more of a effect on the lower B1G schools when it comes to out of state players.
I don't think it will affect our 2021 recruiting much. We already have 2 or 3 kids that graduated early, and are coming to Columbus. They can work out an entire year with the team and the coaches, get acclimated to school, and have a legit shot at starting next year.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will definitely effect 21 recruiting.. lots of these players haven't been on campus even though they have been committed. You will see a lot of offers for kids with so so tape but elite measurables as well.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here ya go @Wild Turkey

He's reclassifying and will be enrolling..NOW.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here ya go @Wild Turkey

He's reclassifying and will be enrolling..NOW.
What does that mean enrolling now? Like he can play this season and counts towards last years numbers? I mean we are thin at WR but I’ve never heard of someone skipping their senior year.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that mean enrolling now? Like he can play this season and counts towards last years numbers? I mean we are thin at WR but I’ve never heard of someone skipping their senior year.
yes, he's going to start fall classes at auburn, yes he will be on the 2020 roster. Will he play? not sure if he is needed and can take a redshirt

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, he's going to start fall classes at auburn, yes he will be on the 2020 roster. Will he play? not sure if he is needed and can take a redshirt
We are super thin at WR if he can learn the system (and we actually play) he will get on the field. We are at best two-deep right now.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are super thin at WR if he can learn the system (and we actually play) he will get on the field. We are at best two-deep right now.
Well, he should be playing for y'all this season then.. he is a burner

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like 5 2021 guys are enrolling for the fall at OSU now.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@lilchi721 Heard that Marcus Burris will be committing to y'all today. Guess Jimbo still is recruiting in the state lol. Good get tho.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
indiana-hoosiers-150x150.png

4-star WR Jaquez Smith out of Georgia has committed to Indiana.

Jaquez Smith, Westlake, Wide Receiver

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:shrug:

Probably the most inconsequential decommit we could have in this class.
LOL you sure weren't feeling like that when we told you he was gonna decommit when he committed lol. It was just a matter of time..

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL you sure weren't feeling like that when we told you he was gonna decommit when he committed lol. It was just a matter of time..
I don't remember saying he'd never decommit.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember saying he'd never decommit.
I said he was a DT acting like a DE and he would decommit later. You said he would be a DE and you trusted the tosu staff and what not. He was a flake and still is but he was always a SEC kid. Bama was his real school but they ain't taking him.. just like how tosu will not sweat him either. He decided to not be a DE anymore, he wanted to be the hybrid DE/OLB and lost a lot of weight.. problem is, he still slow.

Florida needs to get him to gain weight and get ready to play DT

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said he was a DT acting like a DE and he would decommit later. You said he would be a DE and you trusted the tosu staff and what not. He was a flake and still is but he was always a SEC kid. Bama was his real school but they ain't taking him.. just like how tosu will not sweat him either. He decided to not be a DE anymore, he wanted to be the hybrid DE/OLB and lost a lot of weight.. problem is, he still slow.

Florida needs to get him to gain weight and get ready to play DT
I guess we'll see what his position is actually going to be. At any rate, though, I never said he was a lock to never decommit, and he's absolutely not a major loss.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL ou fans notably RJ young and that hack Drumm must be crying. Kid has a lot of potential.. he isn't a DE, he's a DT. I would still watch Bama and FL late for this kid, he seemed to really gravitate to them while playing in Texas.

Tunmise is going to be a DE when he starts at OSU. They may move him if they need to, but he can unquestionably play DE.

We should do an avatar bet.. He's not playing anything meaningful his first season.. He'll redshirt and then he will be a DT when he actually gets more snaps. He's not Leal (who suprise suprise already moved inside after 3 games this past season) , not Oliver. If he does play DE.. It's in a three man front only (3-4).

Fair enough. Either way, the guy is a beast. Watching him abuse the other tackles at the Rivals camp was impressive. Regardless of where he plays, though, that means nothing regarding us taking the DTs from Washington and from NJ (Malone) this cycle.

U landthieves still getting Abriria or however you spell the ND commit from Mansfield?

BTW Tunmise took off his tosu commit.. that baby is going to flip to Florida or something lol

Supposedly it’s still on. Will be interesting to see what they do with Coe if Gilliam wants to come too. My guess is they’re letting Coe consider himself an OU commit unless push comes to shove. I’m willing to bet Tunmise and OU are dead in the water based on some of his social media activity. I never saw him sticking at Ohio State though. They sold him a bill of goods and he bought it hook line and sinker.

Kid is convinced he’s the next elite edge rusher, the next chase young if you will. Oklahoma, Texas and other schools have told him from the start that he’s an interior DL with his hand in the dirt and he’s been pissy about it. Ohio state knows damn well he’s going to end up in the interior but they’re telling him what they want to hear. They may end up walking away from him anyways.

Multiple sources at OSU have confirmed he will be looked at both as a DE and DT. No promises either way.

LOL so you jumped to the conclusion that he could only want to go to the best school in the country for developing defensive linemen because they guaranteed him he could play DE?

This is sour grapes because he chose OSU over OU. Nothing else to see here.

Tunmise definitely committed to tosu because they took him as a DE.. which he feels he is. I wonder if Bama told him the same thing that ou and ut did. Because he was a heavy Bama lean for a long time. He always retweeting Saban and everything Bama from his twitter account.

Only schools I know recruited him as a DE was tosu and aggy.

No need to argue, I doubt he ends up at OSU anyway. He got embarrassed recently down in Houston. He has cut some weight and it only highlighted a lack of an elite step to play DE. I am guessing OSU will be happy to let him go by Oct.

I would guess Florida, but who knows. He looked pretty rough in Houston. Things change and it could have been a case of being way out of shape. That or a case of a maxed out kid that hasn’t progressed like most thought he would

some of the tunmise stuff and you got in a back n forth about tosu not being the only school to offer him as a DE and what not.. which they weren't..aggy was the other. Seems like he's going to FL now and will be a DT, because he's not playing DE or OLB like he wants to.

tosu will get someone better than this kid at DE

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some of the tunmise stuff and you got in a back n forth about tosu not being the only school to offer him as a DE and what not.. which they weren't..aggy was the other. Seems like he's going to FL now and will be a DT, because he's not playing DE or OLB like he wants to.

tosu will get someone better than this kid at DE
Yeah it looks like UF is definitely the team to beat there. We already have a monster in Jack Sawyer who is enrolling early. Just hoping we can get JT on campus for a visit and get him locked down. We have a 2022 kid who I think is going to end up moving from LB to DE, also. Wish this kid the best.