• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Todays game

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God!

Well, I'm sure they guys aren't happy about the double header but I was worried about such a quick turn around.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a sweep. And not the good kind.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2022 ... will any TEAM even come close to 14 complete games in total ... even 10 ..... maybe 5. ... and this guy throws 14 by himself .... IN A ROW .... long gone are the days of this class of pitcher .... and I'm sad to see ot go ...miss the baseball I grew up with .... still remember the Marachial and Span 16 inning potcher's duel ... 16 Phicking innings for each starter ...

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2022 ... will any TEAM even come close to 14 complete games in total ... even 10 ..... maybe 5. ... and this guy throws 14 by himself .... IN A ROW .... long gone are the days of this class of pitcher .... and I'm sad to see ot go ...miss the baseball I grew up with .... still remember the Marachial and Span 16 inning potcher's duel ... 16 Phicking innings for each starter ...
Those days were already heading out the window when I became a fan in 1990 but even the kind of starting pitching from the 90s are long gone.
Maybe in 20 years, the innovative idea in baseball will be a starting rotation capable of at least 2 guys going 9 innings (of course, that idea might be considered extreme and insane in 20 years).

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those days were already heading out the window when I became a fan in 1990 but even the kind of starting pitching from the 90s are long gone.
Maybe in 20 years, the innovative idea in baseball will be a starting rotation capable of at least 2 guys going 9 innings (of course, that idea might be considered extreme and insane in 20 years).
Sure has/is changing. MSG has been yalking about this change for quite some time now. It's probably more of a norm than an aboration now.

I remember a guy called Wilbur Wood. He was a starter and slso a knucklebsller. Je didn't throw hard. On quite a few ocassions he would pitch in both games og s Sunday double header as the STARTER and he would go as long as he could.

They usrd to have Sunday double headers back then ... way back rhan ... in the 50s.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure has/is changing. MSG has been yalking about this change for quite some time now. It's probably more of a norm than an aboration now.

I remember a guy called Wilbur Wood. He was a starter and slso a knucklebsller. Je didn't throw hard. On quite a few ocassions he would pitch in both games og s Sunday double header as the STARTER and he would go as long as he could.

They usrd to have Sunday double headers back then ... way back rhan ... in the 50s.
One of my first time attending a professional game was a minor league double header in Visalia in 1990. They were the high A affiliate of the Twins back then. It was where I got my first minor league baseball set and learned about collecting players' autographs. It was a double header with a good couple of hours in between games. The fence was right next to the clubhouse and kids would make a beeline to that fence after the game. The players just hung out around that spot eating. But before their meal, we all got a bunch of autographs. The players seemed cool with it and I was hooked into the world of baseball, card collecting and autograph seeking from that day. It also caused me to become the guy who followed minor league players' careers, rooting for them to make the big leagues.

jeep99tj

Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Marichal and Spahn threw about 200 + pitches each.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes .... Nolan Ryan ... I was all of 25 years old when the Mets traded Ryan (and 3 additional players) for a quickly aging Jim Fregosi. Living in NY at the time .... this wound up being the worst trade I have ever seen ..... ever!!!

jeep99tj

Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to think about who is available as we become sellers. Don’t think it’s gonna happen, but it needs to.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to think about who is available as we become sellers. Don’t think it’s gonna happen, but it needs to.
As much as I believe we SHOULD be sellers, it won’t happen. We could get decent returns for Pedo and/or Rodon, but outside of Williams (30 years ago), I don’t remember the last STAR leaving us in a trade. McCutchen doesn’t count as he was a shell of his former self when we traded him (only a few months after we bought him at Star prices, btw).