• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tim Tebow has no one to blame but himself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again Orton could not lead that team to any wins but Tebow became the starter and the team started to win. He obviously was the leader that team needed.

Look at the statistics. The defense blew the first few weeks but the offense put up pretty good numbers. Then Tebow took over and the offense blew but the defense put up good numbers. Giving Tebow credit for that is just absurd.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may be better than a couple of 3rd stringers but I certainly wouldn't say many. He has no business playing NFL QB. And if we aren't being blind and telling the truth to that season for the Broncos, the defense was terrible early in the season and they came alive as the season went on. That is what saved the Broncos season, not a fiercely competitive but INACURATE QB. I amazes me that some of you actually see all of the deficiencies and still think he's worth the headache. It's one thing if you're blind to how pitiful his skillset actually is but when you see it and still defend him, hell, I can't even come up with the words for that!
I played QB in high school and I'm not blind to his weaknesses as a thrower but he is solid in all other aspects of the game. He is a natural born leader which is a trait you just cannot teach. The Broncos came alive as a team only after Tebow became the starting QB.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So some folks think NFL teams are valuing a political agenda over winning and keeping Tebow out because of his beliefs? Meanwhile, midget Russell Wilson -- also openly religious -- is on the verge of a $100mill type extension? C'mon guys, just face the reality that if Tebow could actually play, he would be.

Exactly, Russell Wilson is another who is always, always, always speaking about God. But he can actually throw the ball.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played QB in high school and I'm not blind to his weaknesses as a thrower but he is solid in all other aspects of the game. He is a natural born leader which is a trait you just cannot teach. The Broncos came alive as a team only after Tebow became the starting QB.

Then he should be a CEO, a politician, a coach, he should not be playing NFL football. I mean if he got into politics right now he could be president when he's 35. He needs to move on.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he should be a CEO, a politician, a coach, he should not be playing NFL football. I mean if he got into politics right now he could be president when he's 35. He needs to move on.
I believe Tebow has moved on as an in demand motivational speaker and contributor to various charities. That is not to say that he wouldn't be interested if some NFL team gave him a call. He is doing very well financially so money wouldn't be the motivating factor in his decision.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, Russell Wilson is another who is always, always, always speaking about God. But he can actually throw the ball.
Wilson still doesn't get the respect he deserves despite leading Seattle to two straight Super Bowls.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Tebow has moved on as an in demand motivational speaker and contributor to various charities. That is not to say that he wouldn't be interested if some NFL team gave him a call. He is doing very well financially so money wouldn't be the motivating factor in his decision.

If Tebow had moved on we wouldn't be getting reports that he's working on his mechanics, reports that he's in the best shape of his life, blah blah blah. We'd be hearing that Tim Tebow has officially retired from the NFL. I just don't buy that.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson still doesn't get the respect he deserves despite leading Seattle to two straight Super Bowls.

Wilson is a very good young QB, some people think he's great, some people think he's highly overrated. To me that says he gets the respect he's earned. He had the best defense and a top running game to back him up the last 2 years. He should have a long career ahead of him to prove his worth. But to the point, he's a devout Christian with a lot of doubters but he balls out for 60 minutes most Sundays unlike some.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tebow had moved on we wouldn't be getting reports that he's working on his mechanics, reports that he's in the best shape of his life, blah blah blah. We'd be hearing that Tim Tebow has officially retired from the NFL. I just don't buy that.

I'm not sure why all of that bothers you so much, but it clearly does.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, talk about panties in a twist....Bishop, you better check your Skibs.....
You just solidify everything that we have said about religious prejudice, and as I said fans are the culprit in the injustice.....
They hate on someone, and the league appeases them......And as far as Ray Lewis and his speaking of God, in one breath he was praising and the next cursing, people like hearing big talk with no commitment, because everyone qualifies for that....
He was a people fav and the league coveted him, as with Reggie White, Roger Staubach, etc....
Fans dictate popularity and popularity pays the bills.....:nod:

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the lack of interest in tebow is fairly simple. he's a guy, that with a solid defense, can win some games with his style of play. more so than your typical scrub backup/3rd string. that can easily lead to the false sense in the fan base that he can be the guy at QB.. when in reality, his ceiling is clearly low and already established.

bad teams have no interest because they know he's not the answer for the present or future. good teams have no interest because he's not needed at all and they'd rather gamble on some younger potential.

he's just a rare QB that's good enough to play, but bad enough to never be a legit starter.

phredmojo

Steak is for Taxpayers
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I was right. The Tebow haters far outnumber the Tebow fans, and it is not close.

We all know why too.

I do find it interesting how Tebow is such a pathetic QB, how in the world was he perhaps the most recruited HS player (QB) in the history of recruiting, how he managed to break a UF record for completion percentage over 20 yards, how he had such a better college career than greats like Brady and Manning, and how he still has more accomplishments as a pro than Bradford.

Does make you wonder.

In the meantime.....God Bless.

You can deny he was a play maker. He was a play maker.

Wow...watching that vid makes me wish the hawks faced tebow in the superbowl... imagine the score then!!!

i would take tebow on the hawks for a backup, the god frenzy would be too much for the liberals in this state to handle (im not religious but it would be hilarious) tebow plays like its recess football, he needs to sit down and play some first person shooters to work on his situational awareness more.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's exciting but his production will be consistently unpredictable unless he fixes his ability to throw quickly and his ability to read defenses. But I feel as if the REAL reason why he isn't seriously considered as a QB, whether it be as a starter or 3rd string, is the circus that comes with him coupled with his skills as a QB. What I mean by that is that Tebow's skills at QB are good enough to be an average starting QB or top backup in the NFL IMO. But the circus that surrounds him supersedes his upside & production, which no organization is going to want to put up with.

That coupled with his stupidity and stubbornness to stay at QB as opposed to H-back or TE makes understanding his inability to stick on a team easier to digest.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can not for the life of me figure out why anyone is still talking about this ass clown.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the lack of interest in tebow is fairly simple. he's a guy, that with a solid defense, can win some games with his style of play. more so than your typical scrub backup/3rd string. that can easily lead to the false sense in the fan base that he can be the guy at QB.. when in reality, his ceiling is clearly low and already established.

bad teams have no interest because they know he's not the answer for the present or future. good teams have no interest because he's not needed at all and they'd rather gamble on some younger potential.

he's just a rare QB that's good enough to play, but bad enough to never be a legit starter.

That's about as accurate as it gets right there, especially that last sentence (wish we could give more than 1 "like"). If his ability to play the game matched his media and fan attention, he'd be the greatest qb in history.

He definitely can play well enough that he should be able to catch on with a team. He's already shown that he can win games in the NFL. But as you point out, he's not good enough to be a legit starter in the league.

That's where the media comes in, imo. Anyone else with his ability likely has a quiet 10+ year career as a backup qb, but the hype around Tebow prevents him from being able to do that.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can not for the life of me figure out why anyone is still talking about this ass clown.

Why do you call him an ass clown? What makes him an ass clown in your eyes?

Wait, do not tell me. We all already know.

What we do know is someone who shares your disdain for him started a post about him, you clicked into the post that you are supposedly so sickened by, and you shared an opinion that is rather popular.

Do not worry, we all know why.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're so blind by your love for the guy you don't see the obvious. In the NBA Clippers DeAndre Jordan has one if not the highest shooting percentage in NBA. Not because he can shoot , he is a terrible shooter it's because he throws down dunks and alley oops which are high percentage shots. Similarly Tebow doesn't stand in the pocket, go down from his first second third reads to hit a player about to become open in a tight window like the good NFL QBs do . He throws soft passes to player on his first read who are open or he runs. Great way to keep his percentage up. In college other teams were lined up to stop his running so when he did complete a pass it went for a lot of yards after the catch. The guy doesn't have a NFL arm he doesn't know how to throw in the pocket ,read defenses, adjust his blockers for the rush thats about to come. You blaming the media for him not being on a roster is ridiculous. No player has benefited more from media coverage. Teams will pick up murders , rapists, drug abusers if they think they can help.

Lets see, my so called "love for him" makes me so blind that I said he is not good enough to play in the NFL.

Why?

Cause I said I believe the cause for his problems was the over tinkering with his throwing motion.

You haters are fucking hilarious. It is pathetic.

You then claim fucking lies that the ONLY reason his completion percentage in college were so high cause they were ALL soft passes.

Is that you trying to come across intelligent, cause all it did was solidify my claims. His haters far outweigh his fans. That is a fact.

That is a big giant wrong observation you had. I noticed all of your teams are on the left coast of the US. Watched a lot of Gator games did you? Oh, did you just regurgitate what others said?

My claim that he broke the UF record of completion % of passes of OVER 20 YARDS, still stands. Now, go to the fact that all of the passes were so bad and it was all because his wide outs were just so great and that must of have been the real reason.

Haters, gonna hate. Meanwhile, let me tell you to jam your fucking bullshit in regards to me up your pathetic ass.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tebow just learned how to throw a spiral

no joke

that QB coach taught him how "to throw a tight spiral"

Report: Tim Tebow can finally throw a spiral | For The Win

“Turns out Tebow has been working diligently with Tom House (also Tom Brady’s personal coach) in Los Angeles over the last two years, sharpening his skills and hoping for one last shot. House told us on Friday that he isn’t sure if Tebow will be attending the combine, but “he went from being a little inaccurate and didn’t throw a whole lot of spirals, to throwing very accurate and real good at spinning the ball.”

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tebow just learned how to throw a spiral

no joke

that QB coach taught him how "to throw a tight spiral"

Report: Tim Tebow can finally throw a spiral | For The Win

“Turns out Tebow has been working diligently with Tom House (also Tom Brady’s personal coach) in Los Angeles over the last two years, sharpening his skills and hoping for one last shot. House told us on Friday that he isn’t sure if Tebow will be attending the combine, but “he went from being a little inaccurate and didn’t throw a whole lot of spirals, to throwing very accurate and real good at spinning the ball.”

Hater.

Status
Not open for further replies.