• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Thursday Night- Colts @ Broncos

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good….

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is really sad we couldn't win this game given the circumstances. REALLY sad. Worst memory of a regular season game I have had in a VERY long time.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is really sad we couldn't win this game given the circumstances. REALLY sad. Worst memory of a regular season game I have had in a VERY long time.
One chip shot FG shy.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing that sucks about Russell Wilson is he has gotten worse every week. I don't mind starting out slow but you can no longer blame this one resting starters for PS. We are in week 5 now. We have played 4 complete games.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing that sucks about Russell Wilson is he has gotten worse every week. I don't mind starting out slow but you can no longer blame this one resting starters for PS. We are in week 5 now. We have played 4 complete games.
I was thinking about this fact this morning. I’ve mentioned on this forum recently how all teams I’ve been associated with (that are reasonably well coached) tend to improve over the course of the season. We’re not seeing any indication of that yet.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cushenberry was pathetic last night btw.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Something isn't right with his shoulder. He came into this game with a shoulder injury and said he was good to go, but I question that. People are saying his finger might be an issue but he was doing okay at the end of last season (admittedly against shit teams, but still).

Wilson's other issue is what Hawks fans were saying when the trade went down. Wilson has never really gone through progressions that well and holds onto the ball way too long. It's worked in the past because of his mobility, but at roughly 34 years of age and all the sacks he's taken (a good chunk are because of his style, not the OL in Seattle), that mobility has started to fade... so his ability to evade/elude the defense and extend is not as effective.

Add to that, you guys have a new OL coach (I think?) and new head coach, just kind of a poor recipe for everything. Seattle was trying to work with Wilson, a few new offensive coordinators, trading picks for OL, drafting OL numerous times in early rounds.... seems honestly like Seattle was perfectly fine trading him, and I think they would've done it in 2018 to Cleveland if the Browns accepted the offer. Seems crazy to think about now, but yah...

It'll be interesting to see how the Broncos react to this game next week. 2-3, still in it by all means, it's not 0-5.... but Hackett is already on the hot seat, and the way Hamlin reacted to that final play (taking his helmet off and basically yelling back at Wilson) - OOOOOF. Even when open and in a losing situation, I rarely see receivers react like that to their QB. Something is off with Wilson, because he's locking onto a target before the ball is hiked and that's where the ball is going. I think he's trying to play like a true pocket QB, but there's the problem.... Wilson never was that to begin with. He was a playaction dominant QB that excelled outside the pocket and extending plays.... so either Denver is forcing him to be a pocket QB or Wilson is forcing the issue (I think that's what's happening) to try and win MVP or something - which is now just flat out not happening.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exiting before OT is the most embarrassing aspect. It one thing to be in the late time slot with some guy named Spero calling the game. Its another to be in prime time.

We know Hackett is close to going. What about Paton who hired this clown and gave RW $250M when he was under contract for 2 more years. Did RW force his hand . I know there was a deadline ? Maybe he said give me a new contract or I'm walking after 2 years.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exiting before OT is the most embarrassing aspect. It one thing to be in the late time slot with some guy named Spero calling the game. Its another to be in prime time.

We know Hackett is close to going. What about Paton who hired this clown and gave RW $250M when he was under contract for 2 more years. Did RW force his hand . I know there was a deadline ? Maybe he said give me a new contract or I'm walking after 2 years.
I said this in the other thread, but I truly believe Paton wanted to extend Wilson now to save money before people like Lamar, Herbert, and Burrow got their mega extensions. I don’t think even Wilson haters could have predicted he would look like a bottom 5 QB at this point.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i was thinking the same thing. I know Paton had some good drafts, but he needs to be held to the same standard. The Wilson trade could set us back a decade from rebuilding. Hackett is clueless. The game, as pathetic as it was, was virtually won at the 2 minute warning. We were finally running effectively on that drive. All we have to do is make a chip shot FG. He calls for a pass, with our best WR out from the previous play. It’s astonishingly incompetent.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this in the other thread, but I truly believe Paton wanted to extend Wilson now to save money before people like Lamar, Herbert, and Burrow got their mega extensions. I don’t think even Wilson haters could have predicted he would look like a bottom 5 QB at this point.
That’s true, but if you make that kind of investment both financially and capital wise, then you better put him in the best position to succeed. This offense does not tailor to his skill set. He is not a pocket passer. He never was.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think something that needs to be said is that as aghast as Denver fans are at your offense you all need to pause and reflect on this

There is a man amongst you who has lived last nights horrors over and over and over again every Saturday for the last 2 years ( maybe longer )

This poor sad sack is your brother in armd

Your friend. My friend

And as bad as you feel today just realize you could have felt like this every single weekend for what seems like forever

To my friend @Draft Crazy

I'm sorry this has to happen to your Broncos

You deserve better

No one. No one. Deserves what is haplening to your pro team when you are also an Iowa Hawkeyes fan

God should be ashamed of himself for what he is asking out of you

It's on par with Jesus

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s true, but if you make that kind of investment both financially and capital wise, then you better put him in the best position to succeed. This offense does not tailor to his skill set. He is not a pocket passer. He never was.
He may not be a pocket passer, but if his mobility is severely decreased from years past, he doesn’t really have another choice. Yes, they should’ve at least done some kind of rollout on the interception at the goal line or the last play in OT but if Wilson felt comfortable with that I’m sure he would’ve had some input. They said he called an audible when he ran that touchdown in last week and so we know he has the power to change the plays if he sees fit.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think something that needs to be said is that as aghast as Denver fans are at your offense you all need to pause and reflect on this

There is a man amongst you who has lived last nights horrors over and over and over again every Saturday for the last 2 years ( maybe longer )

This poor sad sack is your brother in armd

Your friend. My friend

And as bad as you feel today just realize you could have felt like this every single weekend for what seems like forever

To my friend @Draft Crazy

I'm sorry this has to happen to your Broncos

You deserve better

No one. No one. Deserves what is haplening to your pro team when you are also an Iowa Hawkeyes fan

God should be ashamed of himself for what he is asking out of you

It's on par with Jesus
My football life sucks right now. ;)

Reactions: DJ

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hackett is the worst coach that I've seen at most levels. Terrible decision-making. They should've quick snapped that 4th down with a qb sneak. The way the defense was lined up, we had it. Also, I question both Hackett and Wilson on the 3rd down interception late. You give your special teamer a chance on their best cornerback. Awful play call, but an even worse decision by Wilson. I will always be a Bronco fan, but this new coaching regime is really putting that to a test. I thought Fangio was bad!!! Holy SHI!
As a Seahawk, Russ was a great game manager. With a lead, we would run the ball and only use him when necessary (hoping that the defense was stuffing the box to stop the run). It worked well, and provided Russ the best opportunity to succeed. He needs to be used as a game manager and you guys will have success. The problem now, though, is that defenses have his number and aren't concerned about his ability to run, and keep safeties deep to take away his best asset.