• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Three no brainer moves that Mattingly refuses to make

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always held the opinion that the Dodgers and Angels are neighbors, not rivals.

Also, I hold the opinion that if you are claiming to be a fan of more than one team in the same sport, then you're not truly a fan of either team.
I've always held the opinion that the Dodgers and Angels are neighbors, not rivals.

Your right if that's your opinion, but thats all it is, I know plenty of people that like a team in each league, and they are huge fans,
thank you! Both leagues play a slightly different game and I enjoy all baseball, probably have longer than you have been alive, so you can question my Dodger fandom, but you would be wrong, I'm sure I know more dodger history than you Can ever hope to know!
Also, I hold the opinion that if you are claiming to be a fan of more than one team in the same sport, then you're not truly a fan of either team.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I mean, it is "just, like, my opinion... man" (as the Dude would say).

Still, questionable fandom aside, you're bringing some really terrible points into this thread. So bad that I haven't even bothered to go after them in detail like I normally do. Even lasportzphan and I are united against you - that means you're extra wrong.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still, questionable fandom aside, you're bringing some really terrible points into this thread. So bad that I haven't even bothered to go after them in detail like I normally do. Even lasportzphan and I are united against you - that means you're extra wrong.

Oh you guys are partners, are you in a relationship? There always has to be one guy on these boards that "thinks" he's right about everything, and I have noticed that you are that guy! I've read some of your drivel, it's so insightful, more times than not it's some obvious observation that you think you are the only one that sees it. At least lasportsfan has some good points!

Bottom line is that Mattingly sits to many starters in the same games, whether it's a lefty righty matchup or not, thats irrelevant when your left handed veteran hitters have a better chance of hitting a pitcher like Bumgarner than your rookies do! let alone, who's managing this team Mattingly or Kershaw. I could
give a rip if Kershaw wants Ellis catching, the one game Grandal did catch Kershaw he pitched well and won. It's assinine to keep throwing AJ automatic out Ellis in their with his .128 average, he shouldn't even be on the roster, he hit .191 last year in almost 300 at bats. Please do tell me what part of that you don't get genius!

Gee we are behind so far tonight, doesn't Atlanta know that you are suppose to sit your left-handed hitters against a lefty? Dam, we would be winning this game if they went by the book and played the
match ups, oh that's right they aregoing with their better hitters regardless of the matchup! Really?

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You care about pitcher wins?

Also, I don't think Ellis is better than Grandal. I've never in my life said that.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You care about pitcher wins?

Also, I don't think Ellis is better than Grandal. I've never in my life said that.

There you go, I never said you did say that! I'm saying Mattingly lineups suck and he constantly goes by the book instead of playing his better hitters. Would you start two rookies,One game it was 3 rookies and a .128 Hitting catcher against Bumgarner? do you really think that gives your team the best chance of winning?

So you've followed the Dodgers "maybe" 10 years. And you are going to call me out on my baseball knowledge, please! Go ahead and pick apart my posts, I'll gladly go back over your weak "threads" you know the ones where you enlighten us with "hey heres what our relief roster looks like now, hey this guy was just sent down, hey, this is whats going on with Juan Uribe! You don't think the average Dodger fan already knows all that, as I said go ahead and rip my posts, I'm sure it's at least something people can agree or disagree with, all you are doing is throwing out info that we all already know.

Also, it's not the point that Kershaw won, the Dodgers won with Grandal in there, they haven't had that much success winning with Ellis in there!

Last edited:

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop telling me that Grandal is better than Ellis.

When I say 10 years, I mean that 10 years have been spent following them as a fanatic. I've been a Dodgers fan all my life. My great-grandfather was a ghost-writer for the Brooklyn Dodgers.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop telling me that Grandal is better than Ellis.

When I say 10 years, I mean that 10 years have been spent following them as a fanatic. I've been a Dodgers fan all my life. My great-grandfather was a ghost-writer for the Brooklyn Dodgers.

Grandal isn't the point I'm trying make, I'm saying play your best players against the good pitchers, if you want to rest players, go ahead and rest them against the other teams lesser pitchers. Ya I got that you have followed baseball and been a "big" dodger fan for ten years, that's what I said. again you are 28 and will never learn everything you can about baseball in your lifetime, I'm just saying don't come in here acting all self important like you know it all. I throw my opinion out there right or wrong, all I'm seeing from you is what I can already read on the dodger sites!

All I've done is come in here and commented on this thread, you know the one "about Mattingly refusing to make three no brainer moves", now if you want to disagree with my views on it, great, but don't tell me I'm wrong, it's my opinion, and you don't know any more than the next guy! And as I've said don't try and rip me, when I've seen Jack Squat from your posts!

I've been a Dodger fan more than twice as long as you've been alive, I'm in this site to talk about the Dodgers, not to argue with someone who might have a different opinion than me, as I said I'm fine with you disagreeing with me, just don't act like you know more than me, because I highly doubt it!

These sites are here for fans to discuss their team, not to rip on each other, now if you want to "try" to actually have a
discussion about Dodger baseball, I'm all for that, but if you want to act like you are above someone, then you will be getting plenty of shit thrown back at you, that's how it works!

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played a RH lineup like 2-3 times (and our bench is great), give it a rest.

I'm not in love with Mattingly, but people on the internet sure do irrationally hate him out the ass.

And "playing it by the book" isn't necessarily a bad thing. When trends are presented, you adjust to them.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played a RH lineup like 2-3 times (and our bench is great), give it a rest.

I'm not in love with Mattingly, but people on the internet sure do irrationally hate him out the ass.

And "playing it by the book" isn't necessarily a bad thing. When trends are presented, you adjust to them.

Our bench is very good, but against a pitcher like Bum, you play your BEST players regardless of the book. Do you seriously think we have a better chance against Bum, starting 2-3 rookies, plus a .128 hitting catcher? Thats throwing away games, Talk about irrational?

As far as giving it a rest, you do realize these sites are for arguing and debating issues, don't you? You do realize this thread (which was not started by me) is a thread about what you think about Mattingly, don't you? You do realize if you disagree or "are tired" of it, you don't have to click on the thread, don't you? People will argue or disagree on Mattinglys skills or lack of until he is gone, that's how these sites work!

If if you are tired of it, quit coming into this thread, it's pretty simple!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There always has to be one guy on these boards that "thinks" he's right about everything, and I have noticed that you are that guy!
What do you think that you're wrong about?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think that you're wrong about?

I've never said I was right or wrong about anything, I come in here and state my opinion, you are the one that started calling me out! But I'm probably wrong about that too, right?

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point you're missing, is that you said that I'm the guy who thinks I'm right about everything. I would argue that most of us think that we're right about pretty much everything. We don't form opinions that we think are wrong.

In other words, cut that know-it-all shit and come at me with real arguments and prove why i'm wrong instead of describing why you don't like me.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point you're missing, is that you said that I'm the guy who thinks I'm right about everything. I would argue that most of us think that we're right about pretty much everything. We don't form opinions that we think are wrong.

In other words, cut that know-it-all shit and come at me with real arguments and prove why i'm wrong instead of describing why you don't like me.
Well, I don't think I'm pretty much right about everything so you're wrong about that. I have opinions, subscribe to certain philosophies and try to see the balance between stats and intangibles. My approach is different because it's more for chatter than being right or wrong. I mean, nobody is "right or wrong" or else why play the games?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you "my friend" are the one that started all this, so don't give me the "I don't like you shit"
Here's exactly what you said

***********************************************************************************************************************************
This ring a bell asswipe? Right there you are telling me that I am wrong, not only wrong, extra wrong! I'm so thankful that in your great baseball wisdom and all the baseball knowledge that you seem to think you have, that yu didn't "bother to go after my points in detail like you normally do"!

You also corrected me when I said that we have 4-5 backups in our starting lineup against one of the best pitchers in baseball, your reply, you said there were 3 backups, and then there was SVS who "shouldn't" be considered a backup, and your comment about Ellis was " it's not fair to consider Ellis as Grandals backup, at least not yet"! Get a clue Einstein, they are both backups, and that would mean that we had 4-5 backups in the game. I could have said we had 5 backups, but I gave a little wiggle room, and you still tried to say I was wrong, yet in your response you pretty much prove my point.

So, as I said, get over yourself!

Last edited:

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you "my friend" are the one that started all this, so don't give me the "I don't like you shit"
Here's exactly what you said

***********************************************************************************************************************************
This ring a bell asswipe? Right there you are telling me that I am wrong, not only wrong, extra wrong! I'm so thankful that in your great baseball wisdom and all the baseball knowledge that you seem to think you have, that yu didn't "bother to go after my points in detail like you normally do"!

You also corrected me when I said that we have 4-5 backups in our starting lineup against one of the best pitchers in baseball, your reply, you said there were 3 backups, and then there was SVS who "shouldn't" be considered a backup, and your comment about Ellis was " it's not fair to consider Ellis as Grandals backup, at least not yet"! Get a clue Einstein, they are both backups, and that would mean that we had 4-5 backups in the game. I could have said we had 5 backups, but I gave a little wiggle room, and you still tried to say I was wrong, yet in your response you pretty much prove my point.

So, as I said, get over yourself!
Smed- he's winding you up.... It's what he does. I fell into before as well. It's a pleasure to have you here, great to have another perspective and insight. Even if you part time root for the Angels... But if we meet the Halos in the big dance, pick a side, okay?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smed- he's winding you up.... It's what he does. I fell into before as well. It's a pleasure to have you here, great to have another perspective and insight. Even if you part time root for the Angels... But if we meet the Halos in the big dance, pick a side, okay?

I've already picked a side, it's unquestionably the Dodgers, always will be. But when your team isnt very good, like the Dodgers weren't for many years, it makes for a long season, you have to have that backup team to maybe make the baseball season relevant. I don't know how Cub fans do it?

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Smed - you are extra wrong.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Hatcher comes through for us again!

Any thoughts about his performance and how solid he has been Villian? Can we at least admit that he is our worst pitcher in the bullpen at this point? This guy is killing us.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Hatcher comes through for us again!

Any thoughts about his performance and how solid he has been Villian? Can we at least admit that he is our worst pitcher in the bullpen at this point? This guy is killing us.

I notice he gets behind on counts.... his WHIP sucks, 1.60