• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on.... i was being as fair as I could. at this stage I do not think Roethlisberger or Rivers is as good as Cousins and I would flip a coin on Stafford and Newton.

Who that I didnt list do you believe is just as good.

You've listed two of them but rather than another long pro/con Kirk vs. another thing, I'll leave it at that.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've listed two of them but rather than another long pro/con Kirk vs. another thing, I'll leave it at that.

well if it is derek carr or andrew luck i am the biggest carr and luck truther around.

I think both are very okay. I think Carr will lose his starting gig for the Raiders first and Luck may never throw again. Both are disgustingly overrated though.

Carr does not pass the eye test.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Williams was never considered one of the best on any NFL team but he should be in TB. They sucked before he got there, went to the playoffs with him, and sucked again when he left.

All his accolades as a player mean nothing for him as an executive. He is a manager of a boss that likes company men. Time will tell in the season if his statement is true...we will never know if the statement is honest.

There are only 8 players in Tampa Bays 41 year NFL history who are in their Ring of Honor. DW is one of them. DW is in WAS Ring of Fame, and is recognized as one of the 80 Greatest Redskins. WTF are you talking about, never considered the best?

Go put on your pj's, kiss your momma and get back to your room youngskin....or, is it youngbronco?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if it is derek carr or andrew luck i am the biggest carr and luck truther around.

What's a truther? How is Luck disgustingly overrated? Carr's alright, but the Raiders were to 2016, as the Redskins were to 2012. They got lucky in 16 just like the Skins got lucky in 12. Not that you're givin him props, but if there's a QB in the NFL right now that doesn't pass the eye test its Griffin. Unless a lotta shit has changed.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are only 8 players in Tampa Bays 41 year NFL history who are in their Ring of Honor. DW is one of them. DW is in WAS Ring of Fame, and is recognized as one of the 80 Greatest Redskins. WTF are you talking about, never considered the best?

Go put on your pj's, kiss your momma and get back to your room youngskin....or, is it youngbronco?

There's different levels of 'great.'

I have no problem with DW's station as a genuine great for the Bucs and the Skins organizations. His SB performance and the Skins 2nd quarter of offensive dominance is still the greatest 15 minutes of offensive football ever played. It was glorious to behold indeed. That's where DW's greatness ends though and I'm all good with that.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As usual you only partially read. Most people have no idea Doug Williams played for TB and fewer know what he did for them. Ask most people who the best QB in TB history is and most will say Testaverde or Brad Johnson. If you were more than partially literate, you would see I said Williams should be considered one of their best.

I am sorry but Doug Williams is not one of the best Redskin players in history. He isn’t in the top 80 for his time in Washington. He is listed where he is for one game, really one half, even one quarter, for one reason. He is the first black QB to win a SB. Hell, he wasn’t even a starter for Washington without injury.

Mitzi...what do you do for a living? You seem to have this misconception of me but most on here know what I did. I was a navy pilot, now I am a commercial pilot making plenty of money. You seem to be hung up on living with mommy..perhaps you doth protest too much? Take your basement dwelling ignorance, tie it tightly in a wad, and shove it up your crybaby bitch ass.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual you only partially read. Most people have no idea Doug Williams played for TB and fewer know what he did for them. Ask most people who the best QB in TB history is and most will say Testaverde or Brad Johnson. If you were more than partially literate, you would see I said Williams should be considered one of their best.

I am sorry but Doug Williams is not one of the best Redskin players in history. He isn’t in the top 80 for his time in Washington. He is listed where he is for one game, really one half, even one quarter, for one reason. He is the first black QB to win a SB. Hell, he wasn’t even a starter for Washington without injury.

Mitzi...what do you do for a living? You seem to have this misconception of me but most on here know what I did. I was a navy pilot, now I am a commercial pilot making plenty of money. You seem to be hung up on living with mommy..perhaps you doth protest too much? Take your basement dwelling ignorance, tie it tightly in a wad, and shove it up your crybaby bitch ass.
How about we refrain from insults, ? Since I “publicly dressed down the other party” I will even it up here so here is yours , even though above said party didn’t read where I spoke about this before .

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you are going to get on me for “ insulting “ people then you better not do so yourself , jus saying

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we refrain from insults, ? Since I “publicly dressed down the other party” I will even it up here so here is yours , even though above said party didn’t read where I spoke about this before .

I will not allow him to sling the insults...sorry. He came at me without having the understanding of the English language. I just responded...as you would do. If he does it again, so will I.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey chiller may want to lay off the dabs you sound.... stupid

What about Galette? What about Will Compton? What about Spencer Long for a few games? What about Niles Paul?

The skins horrific ST coverage team just got a lot worse. At this point I'd expect to see 2-3 KO or Punt Return TDs this year.

You also fail to mention anything about that enormous drop Doctson had against KC in the final minutes off a perfectly thrown pass by Cousins. Or the fact that Cousins was playing with offensive lineman off the streets, worst RB group in the NFL, and one of the worst receiving groups in the NFL and they still won 7 games.

Put Alex Smith under similar circumstances and they win 2 games. There was a reason the Broncos and Vikings were lobbying hard for Cousins services.

Because
1) They saw him first hand
2) They know more about football and are smarter then you are

EDIT: I just saw skinsdad crackdown post on insulting fellow..... "fans."

Whoa whoa whoa, Edit: Loyal Philly fan?! What's with all the vitriol, Kemosabe?!?! Where's the sunshine, grumpy? Turn that frown upside-down!! Didja forget that your life is as awesome as you claim it is?! C'mon Sally... it ain't all that bad....

Your post is, how you say.......... lacking. Not that that's surprising, mind you - I don't think ANYBODY is confusing you with Vince Lombardi or anything.....knowwhatImean?

For starters:

Gallette remains unsigned. He visited the Raiders on April 5th, and remains unsigned. He had 3 sacks last year. 3.

Will Compton was the backup MLB last year on a horrific defense. Is that REALLY a big loss? No, it's not.

Spencer Long got $7 million a year from a talent-starved Jets team that had a massive amount of cap room, and couldn't sign very many players. Good for him. Chase R. filled in adequately for him last year. They already signed a backup to Chase R. that ALSO has starting experience.

Niles Freakin' Paul?!?! Dude, that's ridiculous. What exactly did Niles Paul do well that makes a lightweight like you even think of mentioning him to begin with? his whopping 13 receptions for less than 100 yards total, 7.2 YPC average, and ZERO td's?

That's just EDIT: not your best work, EDIT: Non-Mensa Member.

The rest of your Edit: less-than-articulate incoherence is your EDIT: idea-challenged opinion, and nothing more. You don't have any clue how hard the Broncos lobbied for him - you know that Vaughn Miller wanted him. Whoopdie Doo. I can guarantee that Vaughn Miller is not as smart as I am, though he probably knows more about football than you do.

Then again, who doesn't?

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not allow him to sling the insults...sorry. He came at me without having the understanding of the English language. I just responded...as you would do. If he does it again, so will I.

Let’s not sling insults if we can please , if he does it again it will be dealt with I promise but I have to warn both parties

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EDIT: I just saw skinsdad crackdown post on insulting fellow..... "fans."

Whoa whoa whoa, Edit: Loyal Philly fan?! What's with all the vitriol, Kemosabe?!?! Where's the sunshine, grumpy? Turn that frown upside-down!! Didja forget that your life is as awesome as you claim it is?! C'mon Sally... it ain't all that bad....

Your post is, how you say.......... lacking. Not that that's surprising, mind you - I don't think ANYBODY is confusing you with Vince Lombardi or anything.....knowwhatImean?

For starters:

Gallette remains unsigned. He visited the Raiders on April 5th, and remains unsigned. He had 3 sacks last year. 3.

Will Compton was the backup MLB last year on a horrific defense. Is that REALLY a big loss? No, it's not.

Spencer Long got $7 million a year from a talent-starved Jets team that had a massive amount of cap room, and couldn't sign very many players. Good for him. Chase R. filled in adequately for him last year. They already signed a backup to Chase R. that ALSO has starting experience.

Niles Freakin' Paul?!?! Dude, that's ridiculous. What exactly did Niles Paul do well that makes a lightweight like you even think of mentioning him to begin with? his whopping 13 receptions for less than 100 yards total, 7.2 YPC average, and ZERO td's?

That's just EDIT: not your best work, EDIT: Non-Mensa Member.

The rest of your Edit: less-than-articulate incoherence is your EDIT: idea-challenged opinion, and nothing more. You don't have any clue how hard the Broncos lobbied for him - you know that Vaughn Miller wanted him. Whoopdie Doo. I can guarantee that Vaughn Miller is not as smart as I am, though he probably knows more about football than you do.

Then again, who doesn't?

Washington Heights I get it... took you 5 edits and probably an hour+ to post this.

To be honest, frankly, I am surprised you can even read with that education so kudos to you.

Shame on me thinking you had enough intelligence to read and digest what I was saying. I'll make sure to spell things out for you going forward. Never did I say Niles Paul or Will Compton will be missed for their contributions on Offense and Defense. In fact I followed it with the next line talking about how bad our ST coverage was/is.

Aside from FM and Everett, Paul and Compton were the only ones worth a damn on our coverage teams. Now FM and Everett will presumably be thrust into bigger roles on defense and Paul and Compton are gone.

Still following?

Our already bad ST coverage team is significantly worse at this point in time.

We have gaping hole larger then your mothers at LG. Long and Chase could have held down C and LG but whatever.

Galette? Pretty sure every single metric rated him as a highly efficient pass rusher last year. I mean it totally makes sense that the Skins rostered him through 2 years of injuries, had him as a situational rusher his first healthy year back, began to reap some of the rewards for his play and then let him walk to replace him with an even more injury riddled less efficient player. Makes sense. Then again you are a Bruce Allen taint licker.

Its "Von" Miller and yes he is much more intelligent then you are.

Anyway let me provide you with some career advice. I think in your row home (assuming you arent subletting a room) you should setup a day care in your basement. You could make a killing (by your standards) in Washington Heights. Would definitely beat the hell out of the hustle in driving a taxi all day.

BTW
Me >>>>>>>>> You
I definitively know this to be true.

I'll leave you with this. Since I'm still not 100% sure you were able to follow what I was saying regards to special teams coverage. I'll dumb it down to stick figures for you.

Stick figure on the bottom running with the ball after a kickoff or a punt is on the other team. He is going to score a touchdown (points for the other team). Skins need players like Niles Paul and Will Compton to tackle him and maybe even make him fumble (lose the ball) like in the picture directly below. This way he does not score a touchdown.

Get it?

qq1vlc.jpg

vmxgf7.jpg

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best case scenario for the Redskins would be only a couple QB's taken by their turn and trade down to a team (15-20th) and pick up a draft pick for it.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Williams was never considered one of the best on any NFL team but he should be in TB. They sucked before he got there, went to the playoffs with him, and sucked again when he left.

All his accolades as a player mean nothing for him as an executive. He is a manager of a boss that likes company men. Time will tell in the season if his statement is true...we will never know if the statement is honest.
Who gives a flying leap what you think about DW. As Mitz pointed out, he is what he was, an NFL QB for many years, First African American QB to win the SB, first African American QB to win SB MVP and has the respect around his own Company to publicly speak out about the Redskins and Redskin draft plans to include future plans.
I believe after the draft you will visibly tell if DW's statements are forthright which I'm sure they will be.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a flying leap what you think about DW. As Mitz pointed out, he is what he was, an NFL QB for many years, First African American QB to win the SB, first African American QB to win SB MVP and has the respect around his own Company to publicly speak out about the Redskins and Redskin draft plans to include future plans.
I believe after the draft you will visibly tell if DW's statements are forthright which I'm sure they will be.

I dont have a dog in this particular leg of the fight.

But as far as Williams statements being up front and honest. We can only really determine that on statements he is making about the Redskins going forward. Because as I stated earlier in this thread, when asked what were you guys thinking...

No one in thier rigt mind is going to come out and say, well we expected it to fail.

This time of year you can count on every team saying some version of these three statements.

1. Our goal this year is to win a Super Bowl
2. He was the best player on our board period and we were surprised he was there when we picked
3. We really felt that last years roster was capable of doing really well.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparently you do because your panties are in a wad.

As for what he is or was...Mitz didn’t make the comment about him being the first of either of those. I did. He called him one of the greatest players in two franchises, which I said he wasn’t and suggest you look at what I actually wrote.

As for his current job, it has nothing to do with respect. It has everything to do with his job. His job allows him to speak publicly and there is something called a company line he is walking.

The draft won’t tell us anything. If we win ten or more games this season, he was being honest. If we win fewer, then we know it was the company line...or he sucks at figuring out what a roster is.

So now that you have defended the always butt hurt Mitziman, and I have been very calm, I would appreciate it if you would shut up.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you do because your panties are in a wad.

As for what he is or was...Mitz didn’t make the comment about him being the first of either of those. I did. He called him one of the greatest players in two franchises, which I said he wasn’t and suggest you look at what I actually wrote.

As for his current job, it has nothing to do with respect. It has everything to do with his job. His job allows him to speak publicly and there is something called a company line he is walking.

The draft won’t tell us anything. If we win ten or more games this season, he was being honest. If we win fewer, then we know it was the company line...or he sucks at figuring out what a roster is.

So now that you have defended the always butt hurt Mitziman, and I have been very calm, I would appreciate it if you would shut up.
Dude, you are a tough internet junkie! News flash, no one cares what you say. So to you as well, shut up!