• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on today's game (where are you crimson?)

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a few random thoughts. I think we blitzed the Rams last year in pre-season like crazy. Not to the extent of last night but we didn't have a lot of mercy last year. P-Willis was trying to knock QB's out last year.

Also, I found myself watching Mays last night and thinking man this guy just can't put himself in good position. He made one good tackle, but most of the time he looked stuck.

I didn't think Brock did that bad. Missed the beginning of the game when he got burned, but he didn't stick out too bad from what I saw. With the confusion between the CB's and new S's you have to cut him a little slack right now.

The draft picks surprisingly fell in their order. Culliver seemed to fit the bill as a 3rd rounder. I surprisingly liked him better than Hunter, and Hunter didn't look bad. Wouldn't mind replacing Dixon if a better back breaks free.

I forgot to add Mays in there, thanks. He has a hard time setting his feet, adjusting and making tackles. If he doesn't have a straight line to the ball carrier he's in trouble.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I had to watch the game after-the-fact. Busy week. I have a few thoughts I'll throw together later today, hopefully. This was a great review, though. Spot-on.

vvoland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i wanted to add a few things to the excellent summary in the OP.

first, completely agree on boone, he looked like our best T out there. but as i've mentioned, i'm disappointed so many people are giving staley and iupati such a pass. both, but especially the latter, looked awful in PP on fri night. just atrocious.

that said, both person [78] and derek hall [71] looked very good for rookies. both played T and G and didn't look overmatched. considering our starters couldn't handle 2nd and 3rd stringers, i'll take my silver linings where i find them. but i do recommend people who tivo'd the game, to take a look at the line later in the game, there were some bright spots.

rogers was very good in limited time. he was invisible, which is precisely what you want from a CB. i like players that make less mistakes than big plays; rogers is a huge upgrade over nate. culliver did very well for his first taste. i think he'll be our nickel corner.

its all on the o-line though. i actually thought a. davis looked bad on only a few plays and i came away [especially after watching the replay] thinking that staley looked like a far bigger issue. we'll have a better by the 3rd preseason game.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think defensively the Niners looked pretty good. A lot of positives there. On offense.. the O-Line needs to uncluster themselves. Boone was the only one who looked decent. The rest of them looked slow and lost. Snyder might try hard but its time for hime to find a new career.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to watch the game after-the-fact. Busy week. I have a few thoughts I'll throw together later today, hopefully. This was a great review, though. Spot-on.

Thanks crimson! I always enjoyed your reviews. Can't wait to see what you put together.