• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts and Observations

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watching this game... our guards are getting manhandled. granted aaron donald... but man. garcia getting owned in pass blocking and run blocking and schofield failing to get to the second level on multiple occasions

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watching this game... our guards are getting manhandled. granted aaron donald... but man. garcia getting owned in pass blocking and run blocking and schofield failing to get to the second level on multiple occasions

I do agree our guards have a long way to go. Schofield I have a bit more understanding towards considering he has been moved around just about every single day so hard to get nailed down everything you need to know. This is why I'm hoping Weems is truly back so that we have a guy that consistently plays the position actually at the position. Garcia though leaves me wanting more. He has some run plays where he just dominates and others he looks like he is walking in wet cement. And pass blocking he can get caught trying to lunge at a player instead of keeping his base underneath him.

The good thing though is both Tackles looked pretty good. Okung looks great and Stephenson looks better than what we had at the position last year.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed. we look way better at tackle. but interior leaves me wanting. even paradis has been mediocre. i think he misses mathis. that said, a lot of what we need paradis to do includes double team blocking and getting to the second level. been weird this preseason. lots more one on ones in the oline. i wonder if they are trying not to show to much, working on different blocking schemes, or maybe we are seeing the beginning of a shift in philosophy with the whole chop block rule thing changed/more enforced

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed. we look way better at tackle. but interior leaves me wanting. even paradis has been mediocre. i think he misses mathis. that said, a lot of what we need paradis to do includes double team blocking and getting to the second level. been weird this preseason. lots more one on ones in the oline. i wonder if they are trying not to show to much, working on different blocking schemes, or maybe we are seeing the beginning of a shift in philosophy with the whole chop block rule thing changed/more enforced

I'm guessing we are not showing much. I haven't seen a ton of the outside zone stretch plays yet. Most everything has been up the middle if we do run. I mean have to remember those first 2 preseason games we threw the heck out of the football. More than any team in the league which is far from what we will do in the regular season. We also played a ton out of shot gun in those first two games which again is not going to be the norm with this offense. So I do think so far the offense has been far from what we will see in the regular season. Doesn't mean things will be perfect by any means or fix the fact that Garcia and others on the interior have been getting beat but sometimes scheme can help cover up some of the warts.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bring in geoff schwartz lol he can play sambrailo's role with less injuries.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bring in geoff schwartz lol he can play sambrailo's role with less injuries.

I wouldn't mind that move at all. Right now we have a bit too much youth on the inside for my liking. Even if he doesn't start he can be a very good voice in the film room of what to look for and then on the practice field for technique.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ADDITIONAL OBSERVATIONS AFTER 4TH PRESEASON GAME:

!) Paxton Lynch is obviously still too raw to QB in the NFL regular season. You can certainly see the mountain top for his talent. He seems to have the right attitude for the game.

2) Siemian talk - Wherever you are on the spectrum of respect for his talent - it doesn't matter as much as this is a kid who has made the most of his slim opportunity to start as a QB in the NFL - and he did it within two years. It is significant to me that his teammates have almost selected Trevor as their QB - the well of support from guys like CJ and Chris Harris I'm sure got the coach's attention.

3) I don't know what Doss was doing last night, but he got burnt frequently. On the other hand the Broncos didn't seem to care - in this game - about scheme or form - they just wanted to see guys play on their instincts.

4) Dixon - better to learn his lesson about consistency - in the preseason. I don't want - getting the punt off to be an adventure.

5) Gotsis - is like Lynch - looked bad sometimes last night - sometimes good - mostly bad. The Broncos will have to train him up. Good thing Henry Melton - faked us out with his knee in the first half, but returned - I heard - in the second half.

6) Bibbs out played Hillman - I change my mind again - Bibbs in and Hillman out (wouldn't be surprised to see Broncos shopping Hillman stories - not that many would trade for him - he is at least a commodity.

7) Jordon Taylor has a certain something. He wears 87 and he plays more like a McCaffery kid than the McCaffery kids do.

8) I thought Sadat Sullyman looked impressive for the Broncos.

9) The no fly zone wasn't operational against the Cards - the Broncos didn't do well stopping the run either.

10) None of this counts - Kubiak doesn't give a crap about the score or the preseason record - and he coached like it.