• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts and Observations

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool Things:

1) Virgil Green setting up a role of being the pass catching TE (who can block).
2) Jano - I noticed they used Jano quite a bit, but the Broncos curiously haven't run behind him - especially against the Rams. Jano would run up and smack someone, but the RBs were running as if Jano was the decoy. A Bronco message to opponents not to key on Jano?
3a) Finding Dakoda Watson 3b - knowing how to use him.
4) Zaire Anderson's play has seeming made Cory Nelson a roster bubble guy.
5) Hillman lives! From what I saw against the Rams - Hillman is a better contributor than Bibbs.
6) Derek Wolfe is a cool thing.
7) D. Ware and Von Miller - with Shane Ray and Shaquiel Barrett.
8) Russell Okung - looks impressive.
9) Max Garcia pancakes a guy at the 2nd level on a long run by CJ.
10) The obvious plan is to get Paxton Lynch ready to play this season. Siemian is a target not a starter.

Observations:
1) Colquitt outplayed Dixon (not by a lot) - but his money is going to go to Manny Sanders.
2) Sanders and DT look ready and hungry to make plays.
3) Another thing the Broncos haven't shown much in pre-season is the dump pass to Booker - The Rams over pursued and would have been vulnerable to a short toss to the back on the outside in stride.
4) My heart goes out to Sanchez - who did everything right - but didn't make plays when plays needed to be made.
5) Michael Schofield also lives. He also is getting to be a better player - perhaps a tribute to the Bronco's coaching and training staff.
6) Stephenson is serviceable, but not embarrassingly bad. He will contribute when the Oline finds a sync.
7) Brandon Marshall is the glue for this great defense - even if D. Ware, Von Miller, Talib and Ward are the leaders
8) What Marshall is to the defense - Sanders is to the offense.
9) I'd like to see more emotional support from Siemian to his playmakers.
10) Kubiak paces his team in a very unique way - saving them - harboring plays - rotating guys - holding injuries out a little longer - if he gets this team playing to its peak in the 2nd half of the season - like he did last year - he ought to go straight to the HOF.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post ( as always ) Ming

I am a bit surprised at the how quickly Sanchez has been put out to pasture . . . In the 9er game, he made some good throws - including one of the best passes of the pre season to Jordan Taylor on the sideline - it was the two fumbles I suppose ... Plus, whatever they saw everyday in camp . .

Siemian throws a beautiful spiral - but I can envision him overthrowing a lot of recievers ..

I am hoping that Sanchez isn't let go in favor of a guy like TJ Yates ... hopefully, I won't matter between Siemian and Lynch ..

Looking back, I like the balls Shanahan showed by starting Brian Griese .. The season was ultimately a disaster, but Griese looked good in that first game vs Miami, but Terrell Davis going down sealed the season ..

Some of the newer guys I really like:

Kilgo, Dekota Watson, Jordan Taylor, Dixon, Zaire Anderson and I am hoping Peko sticks in the organization

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, I'd like to see the QB take it on 4th and inches ... Brady does it all the time, and it should be part of the arsenal now that Manning is gone

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pissed at the play calling all game long .. Still pissed ...I get it we want to work on running the football...still damn ..

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez has made $69MM so far in this NFL career
I think he'll be ok
The nfl is a production business not a nice guy business otherwise guys like Sanchez and Tebow would have jobs.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pissed at the play calling all game long .. Still pissed ...I get it we want to work on running the football...still damn ..
Almost every team is going to play watered down offense and D. Their most interested in what seeing how players execute and who makes strides and who doesn't in preseason. No team is going to show too much before wks 1. Relax. Funny how everyone gets so worked up in practice and preseason every year and then go.... Wow! Never saw that formation in preseason! Comedy.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver came out Pass heavy the first 2 Preseason games so they probably wanted to come out run heavy this game just to see how the RB's did.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first unit run game was not a pretty sight, preseason or not - in fact, the Rams were playing a preseason game too

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost every team is going to play watered down offense and D. Their most interested in what seeing how players execute and who makes strides and who doesn't in preseason. No team is going to show too much before wks 1. Relax. Funny how everyone gets so worked up in practice and preseason every year and then go.... Wow! Never saw that formation in preseason! Comedy.

I could care less about what they called just ramming the football over and over at the best DL in all of football seemed a little stubborn is all ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver came out Pass heavy the first 2 Preseason games so they probably wanted to come out run heavy this game just to see how the RB's did.

Probably right. I just want the see a little more balance.. Who knows probably not a bad Idea just we was going at the teeth of that team ..

I think Kubiak wants a Running Game that dominates opposing teams . I will say this he picked the perfect team to get all up in ones face with .. Our team held up that way rather well

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Rams are the most physical team in all of Football.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could care less about what they called just ramming the football over and over at the best DL in all of football seemed a little stubborn is all ..

i'm thinking they didn't want trevor to get killed. so running the ball early softened those pass rushers a bit and made it less likely our interior oline got our qb decapitated

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post ( as always ) Ming

I am a bit surprised at the how quickly Sanchez has been put out to pasture . . . In the 9er game, he made some good throws - including one of the best passes of the pre season to Jordan Taylor on the sideline - it was the two fumbles I suppose ... Plus, whatever they saw everyday in camp . .

Siemian throws a beautiful spiral - but I can envision him overthrowing a lot of recievers ..

I am hoping that Sanchez isn't let go in favor of a guy like TJ Yates ... hopefully, I won't matter between Siemian and Lynch ..

Looking back, I like the balls Shanahan showed by starting Brian Griese .. The season was ultimately a disaster, but Griese looked good in that first game vs Miami, but Terrell Davis going down sealed the season ..

Some of the newer guys I really like:

Kilgo, Dekota Watson, Jordan Taylor, Dixon, Zaire Anderson and I am hoping Peko sticks in the organization

The crazy thing is that Jordan Taylor throw that Taylor dropped for a touchdown would have made Sanchez look like a hero. He wouldn't have had the 2 fumbles and maybe we are talking about Sanchez being the front-runner for the starting gig right now. Crazy how a dropped pass can really change the entire outlook of a player.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm thinking they didn't want trevor to get killed. so running the ball early softened those pass rushers a bit and made it less likely our interior oline got our qb decapitated

Well and as somebody else pointed out the Rams do have one of the best front-7's in football so this could have been the coaches wanting to gauge where they are as far as the OL coming together in the run game and just get them ready for how tough it will be blocking the Panthers here in just over a week. Now I know the Rams took out some starters on the defense when we got our offense going but it did seem that once we started being a much more balanced team all of a sudden our offense started to click and our run game really took off. At this point we really haven't seen what I think will be the actual offense we will run in the regular season. The coaches have come into these games with very specific things they wanted to see regardless of how the defense was playing us.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crazy thing is that Jordan Taylor throw that Taylor dropped for a touchdown would have made Sanchez look like a hero. He wouldn't have had the 2 fumbles and maybe we are talking about Sanchez being the front-runner for the starting gig right now. Crazy how a dropped pass can really change the entire outlook of a player.

Yeah Taylor's questionable hands really hurt Sanchez in that case.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Taylor's questionable hands really hurt Sanchez in that case.

Taylor is a tough one for me. I hear about these circus catches that he makes and how players and coaches both just seem to rave about this guy but then in the games I just don't see him making those catches. He had a couple of opportunities this preseason to make some great catches that I didn't think were all that crazy and he missed. He might just be one of those guys that is great in camp but when the lights turn on just kind of shrinks up a bit.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if you can't catch the football you are going to have a hard time making it in this league. He shows flashes but his hands just kill me.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if you can't catch the football you are going to have a hard time making it in this league. He shows flashes but his hands just kill me.

I'm guessing he still makes this team this year. He has done enough in camp to impress people and it is hard to coach his size/speed/leaping ability. Just need to see his hands consistent in the actual games. I think he and Lynch could become best friends if he can be trusted especially in the red zone where his size could be huge. Right now though I'm leaning towards he is one of those players with all the talent in the world that just can't put it all together and is out of the league in a couple of years. I hate saying that and I really hope I am wrong on that.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah right now I have him on my 53. But wouldn't be shocked if we need the roster room at some point and he goes back on the PS. Right now I have him making it but being one of the 7 inactive. Prior to PS I had him on the PS with one of Raymond or Addison sticking as the PR, but it appears to me we aren't gonna go with a rookie as a return man. for the time being without more experience.