• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts after 3 weeks

packerbackernva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense...Well, this team can certainly score points and against better teams we will likely be in a lot of shootouts.
O-line..I`d give this bunch a C- thus far. Losing Bulaga has hurt but the existing cast of guys doesn`t always get the job done. We ask a lot from Bakhtiari but he has had his share of problems. Missing the cut block on 4th down today was HUGE. Rodgers has also taken some vicious hits due to poor blocking.

Running game..B+ ..It almost looks like the guys we have are interchangeable and on any given Sunday a guy can get to the 100yd mark. Franklin not protecting the ball was a bad rookie mistake.

Quarterback....B+... At times Rodgers looks flustered when he doesn't have adequate time and that is understandable. The second int he threw was poor decision by him. There were a few plays today I wish he would have attempted to run for the first down.

Special teams..D-...The Ross experiment needs to end! We waffled on returners all of camp and it shows. At this point I`d put Franklin back there.

Defense..C+... I cant pin the 2 losses on the D even though they had their chances. Perhaps the most encouraging aspect is that they`ve held together pretty well being patched together due to injuries. I do see problems on the horizon if Matthews has to miss playing time with the hamstring issue. We need Casey Heyward and Morgan Burnett back asap!

Coaching...B-...I thought today was McCarthy`s poorest job out of the first 3 games. Playcalling and clock management was poor at times. Capers is no genius but he does fair with the talent he has had to work with thus far.

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the QB rating......more like a "D".......those were ill-advised throws........and as far as coaching, definitely a "D".......we desperately need an OC

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the QB rating......more like a "D".......those were ill-advised throws........and as far as coaching, definitely a "D".......we desperately need an OC

Is the QB grade for all three games or just today's game? If just today Rodgers gets a D for sure if all three weeks I give him a B+

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: Franklin fumble being a bad rookie mistake. That goes on McCarthy. Stupid decision to give it to Franklin right up the middle when our interior OL brought zero push and Franklin isn't a power back. You either run a QB keeper or a pass. That was just a stupid decision by McCarthy

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give coaching a soft D+ or a solid D.

packerbackernva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: Franklin fumble being a bad rookie mistake. That goes on McCarthy. Stupid decision to give it to Franklin right up the middle when our interior OL brought zero push and Franklin isn't a power back. You either run a QB keeper or a pass. That was just a stupid decision by McCarthy

you are dead on

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the QB grade for all three games or just today's game? If just today Rodgers gets a D for sure if all three weeks I give him a B+
That was for today's performance.....if you count all three games, I agree, a B+ would probably be justified. But for today, it's on him.......the biggest downfall today was definitely coaching.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was for today's performance.....if you count all three games, I agree, a B+ would probably be justified. But for today, it's on him.......the biggest downfall today was definitely coaching.

One of the worst games of his career. Yet we still stayed in the game thanks to CIN turnovers, good first half defense. But Rodgers 2 INT's, coaching cost us this game

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is with all the hamstring injuries?!!!!!?

I guess all of this talk during the off-season about the Packers getting more physical was true. Sadly, they physically still arent prepared for the physicality of the damn game. Its getting old and really quite pathetic really.

CalBears

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'll hear it because he a Cal alum but you need to stop blaming Ross for EVERYTHING. How many kicks this year have you seen drop on the 10 yard line? I bet you can't find many. Most kicks go thru the goalposts. He was deep and then ran hard to get to it but couldn't. Fluke kickoff. He can play and that's probably why the coaching staff doesn't read these posts and he continues to return kicks and punts. It will get better. Look at the whole picture not just him. It was messy yesterday.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many kicks this year have you seen drop on the 10 yard line? I bet you can't find many. Most kicks go thru the goalposts. He was deep and then ran hard to get to it but couldn't.

He misjudged the ball and still got his hands on it, so that fumble is on him.

He solely made the team for his return potential, he brings very little as WR and I suspect if Johnson had not been injured all of TC/preseason Ross may not have made team. In limited time with Packers Ross has already had critical fumble on punt in playoffs vs SF, could not field poor pass on trick punt return that he had more than enough time to fall on and recover and had fumble on punt in preseason.

Packers average starting position on kickoffs is 17 yard line prior to game yesterday.... less than if Packers had accepted touchback on all plays. That is in part thanks to no big returns, some poor decisions on his part of coming out of end zone (even when told to stay) and some flags on returns when he did decide to come out.

I suspect if he has another fumble on return he will receive his walking papers. He does not provide enough at WR to otherwise keep him.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll talk about Ross. He looks like he can make some moves occasionally. BUT he doesn't catch it cleanly, not just yesterday, but every week. I have seen him bobble even fair catches far more often than a return guy should. The one at the 10 yesterday was tough and I only heard that on the radio, when I saw it, it wasn't as bad as I had thought, but it didn't surprise me at all to hear it either.

He does not catch it that cleanly and rule number one is secure the ball. Next is decision making, sure he's made a few acceptable decisions, I'd hope so, he made the team. He's also made a ton of bad ones. He has a really freaking long ways to make up before I feel remotely comfortable with him back there. It wasn't just yesterday, it was last week, the week before, last year. He probably leads the league in returns that don't reach the 20 by a lot and it's only week 3.

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'll hear it because he a Cal alum but you need to stop blaming Ross for EVERYTHING. How many kicks this year have you seen drop on the 10 yard line? I bet you can't find many. Most kicks go thru the goalposts. He was deep and then ran hard to get to it but couldn't. Fluke kickoff. He can play and that's probably why the coaching staff doesn't read these posts and he continues to return kicks and punts. It will get better. Look at the whole picture not just him. It was messy yesterday.

Ross has been TERRIBLE in two of the three games thus far, particularly in the San Fran game. The fumble yesterday was still inexcusable. If you have to run up that far, then you direct an up-back to come back for the ball, and you're there for insurance and back-up. Just like an outfielder in baseball, you never stand right at the wall. You give yourself room to go back. Ross stands right at the damn backline. Stand at the goal line and run up or back, depending upon where the ball is kicked - geeze dude! His judgement is just shitty half the time. The dude may have skills, but it's his gray-matter that's lacking a few cells.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you're a fan of Ross but the guy has fumbled a kick in 3 of the last 4 games. It was his time to go

CalBears

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he make a nice catch out of the backfield on a crucial 3rd down and 8 and tip toe to a first down? Let me ask you this. Did it ever seem like he had ANY blocking during ANY kickoff?

yea i'm sure letting him go will turn everything around.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rid of him won't turn it all around but having someone back there that can catch and secure possession will help. He lost the ball before the blockers even had a chance to set up. Cobb was a star behind the same blockers which tells me he's not hitting the right lanes and not securing the ball. He single handedly helped the Bengals jump to a 14-0 lead before Rodgers even touched the ball. Can't have that period. Ball security is a must on kick offs.