• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thornton and CLowe injuries

Bowlby

The DON
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Joe Thornton had separated shoulderEmail Print Comments ESPN.com news services

Canucks Win, Reach Stanley Cup Final
Canucks top Sharks in double OTCanucks Win, Reach Stanley Cup FinalVIDEO PLAYLIST
Canucks top Sharks in double OTCross-Sport Power Rankings: Week 55
Cross-Sport Power Rankings: Week 55
Ducis Rodgers hosts Week 55 of the Cross-Sport Power Rankings. The Top Five athletes are revealed herein.
Tags:
Cross-Sport Power Rankings
Week 55
Ducis RodgersNHL 411: May 24
NHL 411: May 24
The latest NHL playoff rush from around the league. Jon Anik hosts. Reports from the Lightning, Bruins, Sharks and Canucks are featured.
Tags:
NHL 411
Jon AnikBurrows And Canucks 1 Win From Finals
Burrows And Canucks 1 Win From Finals
Alex Burrows and the Vancouver Canucks are 1 win away from returning to the Stanley Cup Finals for the 1st time since 1994
Tags:
Pierre LeBrun
Stanley Cup
Playoffs
Sharks captain Joe Thornton revealed after his team was eliminated Tuesday night that he separated his shoulder in Game 4 but played through it.

Thornton

The Canucks beat the Sharks 3-2 in double overtime to advance to the Stanley Cup finals.

"It was sore, but no excuses," Thornton said. "Tough series. We lost and they go on. To get here is an accomplishment, but next year we've got to beat it."

Thornton appeared to hurt his shoulder when he was hit by the Canucks' Raffi Torres in the third period of Sunday's loss.

"Obviously, that's a very courageous game for him to play," said San Jose coach Todd McLellan. "He did separate his shoulder last game. It was very painful. Our training staff and doctors did a tremendous job in preparing him to play. Like I had mentioned to you before, when he comes and tells you he's playing, he's playing.

"I think there was a lot made out of it prior to the game. But we were real confident in that locker room he was going to give us what he had, and he did. I think it's a tremendous step for him as an individual and for us as an organization, have your captain show up and play that way."

McLellan also said after the game that Ryane Clowe played the entire postseason with a shoulder injury. Clowe was so upset after the loss he couldn't talk to reporters

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, now we know why Thornton wasn't taking faceoffs late in the regular season.

From WTC:

That isn’t the only injury Thornton has. Late in the regular season, he hurt his left pinky -– courtesy of the stick of Dallas’ Stephane Robidas. Later, as he compensated for that injury, his right wrist began to ache.

“My pinky went in a different direction than it was supposed to,” Thornton said. “The top just got cut off and they had to put it back together. It happened with a couple games left in the regular season. That surgery probably will happen tomorrow.”

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowe needs surgery on his shoulder from teh blog.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brodie is reporting a few more injures via twitter.

Clowe's shoulder was so bad he couldn't even put his own sweater on.

Couture had a broken nose.

Demers' injury was a minor high ankle sprain.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lots of injuries for sure. losing demers was really tough but clowe's injury might have been the worst for the sharks. he was an absolute force before he got hurt and he just never was the same. of course, it's no excuse as the nucks were without malhotra, samuelsson, and ehrhoff (for the last 2+ games). Thats significant injury problems too... Every team is banged up at this time, so that's just part of the game.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brodie is reporting a few more injures via twitter.

Clowe's shoulder was so bad he couldn't even put his own sweater on.

Couture had a broken nose.

Demers' injury was a minor high ankle sprain.

wth...freeze it and lace 'em up. Husky Pants skates like Demers does on one leg but at least Demers can make a nice pass. Argh.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have a hard time believing a minor high ankle is what kept demers. I remember the hit and it was into the boards, im guessing concussion also

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from pollak:

3. Dany Heatley — A broken left hand during the season and a high-ankle injury suffered during Game 3 of the Vancouver series.

About the only thing Heatley has is his hands. Break one of those and he's totally worthless. Might explain his low goal total this season.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have sat then... I don't buy any of his injury stuff other than maybe the ankle sprain in Game 3 vs. VAN...

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't take back anything about Heatler.

He sucks at teh hockey and I hate that salary of his...

Bowlby

The DON
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
broken hand and bad ankle.. fuck.. i still dont like him but ill give him a break.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
broken hand and bad ankle.. fuck.. i still dont like him but ill give him a break.

Then the management and/or coach should have sat his useless ass down.

A 100% healthy Heatley is close to useless, what's a broken-hand-and-bad-ankle Heatley going to get you?

Anyway, it's done with... moving on.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to clarify, Heatley didn't have a broken hand in the PO's. It was in the regular season. He did have a bad ankle though.