• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is for all the marbles

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How funny would it be if Lindley broke out and had a huge game out of nowhere? I literally have zero expectations for him though... it would honestly surprise me if he got over 150 yards or even a single TD.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was to take a stab at the Lindley stat line, I would say it will look something like this...

12-27, 172 yards, 1 TD, 2 int's. Certainly not enough tot get the job done.

As a matter of interest, I went back and watched the first cards, Seahawks game on shortcuts (which has got to be the greatest invention in the history of the NFL). A couple of things that I forgot about... Brown dropped a TD that hit him right between the numbers and we missed a 30 something yard field goal in the first half. That would have made it a 10-9 cardinal lead going into halftime. Of course we did only manage 3 points in the second half.

Another thing I noticed is the field position battle was thoroughly dominated by Seattle. To me, that is actually what decided the game. Seattle played with a 50 yard field the majority of the game. Butler, the punter, absolutely laid an egg that game.

Point being, that game was actually a close battle. The cards are a different team at home. If Lindley can play a turnover free game, who knows what can happen. I actually feel much better about our chances after watching that game again.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly believe Lindley is better most give him credit for. Yeah, he had an abysmal season as a rookie 2 seasons ago. THAT was with Whisenhunt as the head coach, not Arians. In addition, he was thrown to the wolves way before he was ready and on a 5-11 team. Btw, Zona beat Detroit that season 38-10 with Lindley as the starter. All Lindley has to do for Zona to beat Seattle is to put up numbers similar to the following: 14/24 for 145 yards 1 TD 0 INTs. How can that be good enough ? Cuz we gotta NASTY defense, and the game is in The Big Toaster BABY !
Two seasons ago the Lions were 5-11...

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Arians is bluffing when he says they are not going to modify their game plan due to Lindley: "We're going to sling it". This would be a HUGE mistake. Not a bad thing to say as Seattle would be wise to think AZ is not going to air it out much if they can help it.

But SEA can't possibly take that seriously. They would be salivating to have Lindley slinging the ball around.

But BA has kept his word when Stanton came in. Not much changed so far as approach to the game, but good Lord...Lindley is a new breed of garbage. RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN.

Seattle typically does not adjust their D to fit the O that they are playing against (but they did out of necessity earlier this year due to injury and inefficiency and it hurt them) so I expect that they will come out and play the same as they always do regardless. Play the run, don't blitz much, and let the DBs stand alone. It has been very effective for years now and the fact that Lindley is starting makes it just that much more appealing.

My point is that the Seahawks will play the run agressively regardless of how much the Cards throw. So it could be a battle of the Seahawk's LBs and DL against the Card's OL to see who can impose their will.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh Scooby. If Lindley throws a TD I think we win.

Mark my words, that will be the difference of the game. No pick 6's or handing Seattle points and if he can throw one TD and we get a combo of FG's, a rushing TD or defensive TD that could be enough to get it done with how low scoring it will probably be. My guess is both teams score under 20.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck Sunday guys!

Pulling for ya. Can't believe some people are chalking this up as a Seattle victory already. Your guys down there have true grit, and play hard for their coach.

I don't see Seattle running away from anyone decent offensively, much less a D like your team has. Should be a good one! Hopefully Lindley can just avoid the big mistakes.

:suds:

DweeberAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 928.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a big game that most see the Cards as underdogs...

However, they are playing at home. and I have hope that Lindley having reps with the offense like he has not had since he was re-signed in Nov will help. doesn't have to do miracles, just manage the ball and make good safe throws to keep the defense honest.

Need a lot of good Defense like we had against the Chiefs and the Rams.

Who knows.. many have written this team off all year... and they have surprised them.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess on Lindley's stat line: 7-24, 82 yds, 0 TDs, 3 INTs. You guys are seriously over-estimating his ability. If the run game is stuffed, it's over.

sunsguns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot assume Lindley is going to play as bad as he did as a rookie 2 years ago

HAVE FAITH !

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The red sea is going to give the 12th man a run for its money on Sunday

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction:

The first drive of the game for Seattle will end up with a field goal attempt blocked by Bethel and scooped up by Patrick for a TD.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bet more money on Gordon's prediction of the blocked FG on the first drive for TD than Ryan Lindley throwing a TD at any point in the game.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The red sea is going to give the 12th man a run for its money on Sunday

I expect it to be very loud. I am bummed that I am unable to attend the game

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we want to win this game, we need to have a touchdown on both offense and defense or special teams. We then put our faith in catman's foot!

DweeberAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 928.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing. Without a QB... hard to do much. Still in the playoffs, but seriously not in a good position now.